Yes, another MM population thread

I just wanted to point that Halo 4 hasn’t had over 100,000 players in Wargames for 3 days in a row. If it weren’t for the upcoming Christmas noobs, the numbers would continue to decline. This kind of makes me happy because it shows that most of the community is smart enough to know that Halo4 multiplayer is very problematic and not fun. Come on 343! Reach had more players than this by the end of its second month!

I like to think this will motivate them to do something but I know they wont , they have let us down so many times we should stop kidding ourselves

It’s 7pm here and the biggest population is not even at 30,000. And that’s Infinity Slayer. It’s a Sunday. Is this normal?

Did they promise that the would fix it to your liking?
Have they even said there is a problem with the game?

Simply put, the answer is No. They will do what they want.
This is like Grama’s gift of PJs, she didn’t say you would get a game but that you would just get a gift.

Seeing as the last 3 days are the most traveled time of the year and most people will be no where near an Xbox the numbers are really good. It would be really rude to take over the TV when you have house guests or are one.

> Did they promise that the would fix it to your liking?
> Have they even said there is a problem with the game?
>
> Simply put, the answer is No. They will do what they want.
> This is like Grama’s gift of PJs, she didn’t say you would get a game but that you would just get a gift.
>
> Seeing as the last 3 days are the most traveled time of the year and most people will be no where near an Xbox the numbers are really good. It would be really rude to take over the TV when you have house guests or are one.

War Games barely has 50,000 players right now and you don’t think that’s a problem?

cool story brah

SO its still not occurred to anyone that it may be because Black Ops 2 came out and that its the big new trend everyone follows? seriously, Halo 3 only had a large population because it had little competition in the AAA department, now it has to compete with both Call of Duty and Battlefield. you guys need to accept that halo is no longer the only big shooter on the 360 and that people want to play modern warfare shooters and not sci-fi.

Halo 4 usually has around 90k-110k playing in matchmaking not on the game menus, forge, customs, theater, Spartan Ops, and Campaign. All other Halo game including Reach had online numbers based on people on the game no matter what they were doing. I for one half the time end up just on the menu and forging. I dont understand the point you are trying to bring up. CoD every years has around 500k-600k online and only half of them play multiplayer and that makes CoD a fun game? I guess every single game out currently isn’t fun?

COD destroys Halo and 343 just sits there and takes it. I guess they like getting destroyed.

> Seeing as the last 3 days are the most traveled time of the year and most people will be no where near an Xbox the numbers are really good. It would be really rude to take over the TV when you have house guests or are one.

I don’t know about you? But I walked into the living room, meleed the dentures out of grandma’s mouth, turned off Home Shopping Network, and played me some Halo 4.

> COD destroys Halo and 343 just sits there and takes it. I guess they like getting destroyed.

There is nothing 343i can do to make Halo bigger then CoD, CoD can only get more stale every year and hopefully a fatigue starts to hit the franchise. This year CoD BO2 is down a couple million from MW3 last year same time.

You mean there’s a population drop during the holidays when people do things like visit their parents? Why are these idiots not taking their xboxes with them??? GAAAAAAH!!!

gap in the market halo isnt filling

just saying fps game devs, get it done

Tomorrow night (xmas) i’ll be on xbl forever alone playing halo 4 too :B

> Tomorrow night (xmas) i’ll be on xbl forever alone playing halo 4 too :B

Ill be on as well. Populations going to go back up its the freaking holidays and people have lives if your more worried about a games population during the biggest holiday of the year than your family and friends then you need help.

This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not flame or attack other members.

*Original post. Click at your own discretion.

> > Tomorrow night (xmas) i’ll be on xbl forever alone playing halo 4 too :B
>
> Ill [I’ll] be on as well. Populations going to go back up its [it’s] the freaking holidays and people have lives if your [you’re] more worried about a games [game’s] population during the biggest holiday of the year than your family and friends then you need help.

The irony being that both of you will be playing on Halo over x-mas when people with lives will be going outside and having a good time. Both of you really need to think long and hard about your social life.

Enjoy Christmas and see you guys in Feb (as I will not be returning till then).

xxxxx

How come the holiday season does not affect COD population… Forget BLOPS2 more ppl play MW3 than H4!

Holiday is a perfect time to play games for most ppl, no school especially, I remember the old excuses made about it being near finals and school, now that they say it’s all about Xmas?!?!

Come January it will be… “The population is low bcuz people are going back to school…”

February… “The population is low bcuz ppl are hanging out with significant other and doing their taxes…”

March… “The population is low bcuz it’s Easter sometime this month and people are dying eggs…”

How about people don’t play this game because for some it was gigantic let down and they already traded in their copy for some other better game.
I personally like H4 but I think it needs more playlist and sometimes I stop playing because I am bored of playlist or just don’t play at all bcuz I want some variety instead of slayer or haven all night.

> How come the holiday season does not affect COD population… Forget BLOPS2 more ppl play MW3 than H4!
>
> Holiday is a perfect time to play games for most ppl, no school especially, I remember the old excuses made about it being near finals and school, now that they say it’s all about Xmas?!?!
>
> Come January it will be… “The population is low bcuz people are going back to school…”
>
> February… “The population is low bcuz ppl are hanging out with significant other and doing their taxes…”
>
> March… “The population is low bcuz it’s Easter sometime this month and people are dying eggs…”
>
> How about people don’t play this game because for some it was gigantic let down and they already traded in their copy for some other better game.
> I personally like H4 but I think it needs more playlist and sometimes I stop playing because I am bored of playlist or just don’t play at all bcuz I want some variety instead of slayer or haven all night.

I lol’d

not much is happening in april maybe thats when they will strike back the 410k worth of people

Ready for Halo 5 at this point. Pretty tired of Halo 4 MP. Looking forward to Spartan Ops continuing next month though.

Finally! A smart response. Fanboys come up with excuses for the low population saying “Blops2 is out” or “It’s right before Christmas”. But the truth is, Reach had more people at this point, and it was also competing with the first Black Ops. So that point becomes invalid.