Ya'll may be upset but uh...Kill Cams are in

I think it’s only on Dominion. I hope to hell it’s only on Dominion. I’m not pleased about this…at all. I was watching the gameplay just now and well, I’m not happy because out of all things that aren’t Halo. Killcams…aren’t Halo…at all.

footage where the kill cam is shown.

Skip to 1:33

Edit: Yes, I know this has been posted but well, many of us if not most…dont want this in.

Edit 2: Holy hell, I didn’t expect this thread to get 17 pages of replys, but guys, Kill-Cams have only been seen in one gametype which is Dominion. They haven’t been confirmed or seen in other gametypes so the other gametypes may not have Kill-Cams and if that’s the case then good. People have mixed opinions about this, but please don’t come into this thread and straight up say that competitive Halo is ruined etc, etc. We all know what Dominion is, and it’s a new gametype that I think is similar to the Conquest in Battlefield 3. So new gametypes call for new feautures and yes this new mechanic may be only tailored to this gametype. Likewise, I probably won’t play it but overall even though I hate Kill-Cams, I don’t think the mechanic will ruin Halo 4 just because it may only be in one specific playlist.

And it begins.

To be fair, there was a thread about having kill cams in halo. And most people liked the Idea.

Personally I love killcams… too many gnarly things happen in a Halo MM game. I’d love to see an instant replay of someones bizarre/awesome/lucky kill on me.

Kill cam is something I’ve wanted for a long time. I don’t see why this is an issue. People need to realize that Halo came out 11 years ago, it’s time to do some new things to the franchise. Good job so far 343, I’m pleased.

Yeah, I don’t have a problem with them.

> Personally I love killcams… too many gnarly things happen in a Halo MM game. I’d love to see an instant replay of someones bizarre/awesome/lucky kill on me.

ditto, i like killcams and i want to see those crazy bs kills on me :wink:

> To be fair, there was a thread about having kill cams in halo. And most people liked the Idea.

Some do, some don’t. I for one…hate it. Out of everything that could be put in this game, it’s what I’m upset about. I’m ok with the mods and Ordinace drop because there very different from COD and because they don’t share the same mechanics either. But Kill Cams to me, do not belong in Halo. Doesn’t mean I won’t get the game. I just probably won’t ever play this gametype.

> Yeah, I don’t have a problem with them.

Neither do I, I don’t mind them at all.

im slightly disappointed that there in because i feel as if some uniqueness is gone, but i am excited to see how the community reacts and how they will play in halo.

i also do hope they are only in dominion though, and so far thats what it seems like.

I like it :).

I wonder if its only going to be in a specific game type.

I am curious about where the negative sentiment is coming from. Is it because the killcam affects how the game plays negatively, or it is purely due to the origin of the feature as CoD?

If the reason is not former (i.e.: killcam is a good feature to have) but latter, then what’s exactly wrong with taking a good feature from a competing franchise?

The 1st-person kill cams actually provide less information than the 3rd-person kill cams of the past, but at the same time provides information that wasn’t given by the 3rd-person kill cams.
There’s nothing bad about the new kill cams. The only argument against it is that it is in Call of Duty. Which is a stupid argument.

I have Nothing To Say .

At this point in time…

Somebody poll this -Yoink-.

I actually like the idea as well, if nothing more than the Final Killcam.

> im slightly disappointed that there in because i feel as if some uniqueness is gone, but i am excited to see how the community reacts and how they will play in halo.
>
> i also do hope they are only in dominion though, and so far thats what it seems like.

I agree, Halo has always been about uniqueness. All BF3 had was spectator mode and COD had kill cams and it feels like this element got ripped from COD and hasn’t even been changed. If I’m camping somewhere with a Sniper, I don’t want the guy to know where I am, that’s what I liked about Halo, that it pointed you in the direction. Now theres no sense to having that feeling of being a Sniper and not having people be able to spot you in seconds and that feeling for me is gone. It practiaclly makes a Sniper useless in Halo 4.

well personally I have no problem with this feature although I would prefer only a final kill-cam but that’s just me

As a person that hates Call of Duty, I like the ides of Killcams. It’s one of the few good things in CoD.

Huh… Maybe that’s the thing Frankie referred too when he said more to talk/-Yoink-/slurp about earlier in the week.

Are the weapons ammo covered??

It seemed to be and if so I don’t have a huge problem with it.