Y U NO PORT HALO3 TO PC?

I’d buy it…For sure…Seriously Dx. Anyone else think it should come out for PC? I mean…Why not? 4 games after Halo 3 have been released… All on the Xbox 360( With Halo 4 being the 5th ) I Do not currently own an Xbox 360, but I love Halo… However, I will not buy a console for one game(Halo would probably be the only game I would play ) If not Halo 3 then 343 should release Halo Anniversary, seeing how popular Halo CE STILL is on Pc. I would spend my money on it. You bet I would…
Now…Like I was saying…
Y U NO PORT HALO3 TO PC? ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)

Halo 2 was ported to the PC by a company other than Bungie, so I doubt 343i (or Bungie) would take the time to do so for Halo 3.

Meh, I’d go with “Maybe”. I enjoy Halo on the 360 too much to really be bothered with PC ports of it, but I suppose it’d be nice to have on my laptop to play while I’m out on the road.

> Halo 2 was ported to the PC by a company other than Bungie, so I doubt 343i (or Bungie) would take the time to do so for Halo 3.
>
> Meh, I’d go with “Maybe”. I enjoy Halo on the 360 too much to really be bothered with PC ports of it, but I suppose it’d be nice to have on my laptop to play while I’m out on the road.

Even so, that’s where the Vanguard would come in.

Does seem to be kind of a -Yoink- move for the PC-only gamers to be left with Halo 2’s cliffhanger.

Just saying.

Gearbox ported Halo CE to PC and Hired Guy (temp group largely consisting of ex-Bungie guys) ported Halo 2 to PC. Since Gearbox is no aligned with 2K and Hired Gun was disbanded after Halo 2 Vista a new group would have to be formed to port Halo 3 and any later Halo games to PC.

While it is possible Halo 3 and later Halo games could be ported to PC it is highly unlikely. Porting an Xbox game to PC is far simpler than porting an Xbox360 game to PC due to architecture similarities/differences between the platforms.

Seriously. Once the Xbox 720 comes out, there will be no reason Halo 3 should be an Xbox 360 exclusive any more. If 343i (Or some other company contracted to port it) released Halo 3 as is, the exact same as it is on the Xbox (Although I think it should include all the map packs, too) for $60 I would buy it in a heartbeat.

> Does seem to be kind of a -Yoink!- move for the PC-only gamers to be left with Halo 2’s cliffhanger.
>
> Just saying.

Microsoft wanted to bring users to the Xbox 360, so that’s why it wasn’t released on PC. However, there’s no reason not to port it now, unless Microsoft just hates absurdly huge piles of cash.

I would buy the PC version for one reason and one reason only. Modding. Halo 3 has a whole lotta great community content potential.

Because a port would suck, really, really, really hard.

A game designed solely for the Xbox would consequently end up being a horrible PC port, I really don’t want Halo to have its name ruined because of a bad port.

> Because a port would suck, really, really, really hard.
>
> A game designed solely for the Xbox would consequently end up being a horrible PC port, I really don’t want Halo to have its name ruined because of a bad port.

That wasnt the case with the original halo(and i could give other examples).Only halo 2 was bad,and that was microshafts fault(amateur porting company,worked only on vista wich we all know is rubbish).

I’d buy it at day one, if it came out.

This again.

piracy

> piracy

Piracy affects consoles too. It’s not just a PC phenomenon.

As regards Halo 3 PC (or other conversions), it’s not so unlikely. 343Industries was discussing about it: watch this video.

> > piracy
>
> Piracy affects consoles too. It’s not just a PC phenomenon.
>
> As regards Halo 3 PC (or other conversions), it’s not so unlikely. 343Industries was discussing about it: watch this video.

True since halo 4 was pirated out 2 weeks before it’s official lunch.

> Halo 2 was ported to the PC by a company other than Bungie, so I doubt 343i (or Bungie) would take the time to do so for Halo 3.
>
> Meh, I’d go with “Maybe”. I enjoy Halo on the 360 too much to really be bothered with PC ports of it, but I suppose it’d be nice to have on my laptop to play while I’m out on the road.

I wish they would since halo 3 is brilliant, be fun to replay them on pc. I love my 360 but sometimes playing pc is just as fun for me.

I can see Halo 3 as a ported game to bring more people over to Windows 8 unless they really are planning to enable the use of 360 games on the new OS.