Y Next to Gamer Tag In Lobby

In the game lobby there’s always one player with a Y inside a black circle.
Does the Y indicate who the host is?

No, that’s the highlighted name. You can press ‘Y’ for additional options regarding that player.

no, its only the highlighted player, if you scroll the Y will scroll. If you press Y you will have more option toward that player: mute, leave feedback, gamercard etc.

edit: beat me to it :frowning:

I tried that I couldn’t scroll and pressing Y did nothing even when it was next to my name.
It jumps around when the game is trying to find a new host.

To scroll you can’t use the stick, but the d-pad

I think you all are confused about which screen I’m talking about.

While waiting for the game to start there are two screens the first one is where you vote for the map, the players are listed vertically across the bottom you can view players profiles, the second is screen comes up while the game is setting up the connection, the players are listed horizontally by team.

On the second screen the player on top of each team list will have either a shark or a manta ray icon next to this name, one player from either team will have a Y next to his name selecting Y does nothing You cannot scroll with the D pad or joystick and you cannot select any of the players.

Um…

It’s always Horizontal.
And it’s the same screen.

Um No
There is a second screen that doesn’t always come up it also comes up when the connection is lost with the message searching for new host.

Yeah I know what screen you are talking about and I’ve wondered this myself. The Y is usually on my own name once host re-aligns, so I’m not sure if that means I’m host or it just highlights your own name :wink: I’ve tried asking people in game but no one knows haha

> I think you all are confused about which screen I’m talking about.
>
> While waiting for the game to start there are two screens the first one is where you vote for the map, the players are listed vertically across the bottom you can view players profiles, the second is screen comes up while the game is setting up the connection, the players are listed horizontally by team.
>
> On the second screen the player on top of each team list will have either a shark or a manta ray icon next to this name, one player from either team will have a Y next to his name selecting Y does nothing You cannot scroll with the D pad or joystick and you cannot select any of the players.

I know the one you mean dude… the Y button doesn’t seem to do anything. its basically the version which you can call up mid game to view profiles etc etc, they just seem to have blocked the Y before game starts

Rooksbook and RawBeard Finally someone gets it

I think it indicates who the host is, it’s next to my name about 50% of the time, when that happens I don’t see any lag.

It is the list that comes up while holding the back button during a game. You can scroll the list and push Y for more options on that player. The screen you’re talking about is the same menu, the only thing is that it doesn’t let you do anything with that list except look at it while the game selects a new host. The reason the Y is there is because it is the exact list from during the match, you just can’t do anything with it.

*um… I think I jut repeated myself in the same post :stuck_out_tongue:

> Rooksbook and RawBeard Finally someone gets it
>
> I think it indicates who the host is, it’s next to my name about 50% of the time, when that happens I don’t see any lag.

I don’t see any lag anyway.

> It is the list that comes up while holding the back button during a game. You can scroll the list and push Y for more options on that player. The screen you’re talking about is the same menu, the only thing is that it doesn’t let you do anything with that list except look at it while the game selects a new host. The reason the Y is there is because it is the exact list from during the match, you just can’t do anything with it.
>
> *um… I think I jut repeated myself in the same post :stuck_out_tongue:

Yes the screens look similar I mostly use it to mute the idiots with hot mics.

> > Rooksbook and RawBeard Finally someone gets it
> >
> > I think it indicates who the host is, it’s next to my name about 50% of the time, when that happens I don’t see any lag.
>
> I don’t see any lag anyway.

Do you have FIOS or fiber optic?

I have a 15 X 1.5 mbps cable modem, ping time is 10ms at speedtest .net, the Xbox is connected to a 1Gbps port, the router configured for port forwarding, I don’t have VOIP, and the Xbox port QoS is set to the highest priority.

Ever notice a player run across the screen than jump back and run across the screen again?
I see it all the time.

> Do you have FIOS or fiber optic?
>
> I have a 15 X 1.5 mbps cable modem, ping time is 10ms at speedtest .net, the Xbox is connected to a 1Gbps port, the router configured for port forwarding, I don’t have VOIP, and the Xbox port QoS is set to the highest priority.
>
> Ever notice a player run across the screen than jump back and run across the screen again?
> I see it all the time.

With such connection, it just can’t be your fault.
That’s because you’re not the host but another person with a worse connection.

EDIT: I have mine connected via Wi-Fi to a fiber-optic connected modem. With predetermined IP along with all needed port opened for it; and it receives about 144 kbps and the ping time is 29ms.

Even though (Spanish connections are -Yoink-), I haven’t got any trouble when being the host in customs or something. Unless the internet test of your Xbox (at Settings) says otherwise, you don’t have any prob.

The Y is there at the start of the game, always next to my gamertag. It does nothing.