XP should be awarded on a per match basis

So its come to my attention that quests are supposedly the only way for you to gain XP, I don’t agree with this, I think that you should gain XP from each match and then get a lot of XP for each quest. Kind of like MCC, but instead the XP can be used in the Battle Pass. Now I could be wrong about XP only being awarded from quests, if so then please correct me. I didn’t get into the flight so I don’t personally know. But I think that XP should totally be awarded for each match.

You’re correct, you only got EXP from doing challenges. We should get EXP from completing matches like before even if it’s less than what a challenge would reward.

I absolutely agree, and I’d like to think that it was just thi flight where xp wasnt awarded per match. but i could be wrong. however! that’s why we make these threads, to give feedback so people can play the game and play it well.

Bottom line is, either increase the xp you get from challenges by like, an eff ton, or give us a per match xp ratio. i think i’d prefer per match xp, tbh.

> 2535425184071018;3:
> I absolutely agree, and I’d like to think that it was just thi flight where xp wasnt awarded per match. but i could be wrong. however! that’s why we make these threads, to give feedback so people can play the game and play it well.
>
> Bottom line is, either increase the xp you get from challenges by like, an eff ton, or give us a per match xp ratio. i think i’d prefer per match xp, tbh.

I agree, I feel like we should get a small amount of XP for each match and get a ton of XP for each challenge, just like in MCC

THIS! please make it so a small amount of xp is earned per match. If you limit my battle pass progression by daily and weeklies you are creating an unnecessary grind that will turn off a lot of players. I dont participate in the seasons in the MCC for exactly this reason. if i get on its to play, not to try and complete an arbitrary checklist as my only way forward.

> 2533274805741821;5:
> THIS! please make it so a small amount of xp is earned per match. If you limit my battle pass progression by daily and weeklies you are creating an unnecessary grind that will turn off a lot of players. I dont participate in the seasons in the MCC for exactly this reason. if i get on its to play, not to try and complete an arbitrary checklist as my only way forward.

Exactly, but I felt like MCC would have been great if the XP awarded actually helped in your progression through seasons. But XP was kind of useless in MCC.

Needs to be performance based, like Reach. Small amounts of EXP per kill, objectives, medals, etc…

tbh i had assumed we would be, i was surprised when you finish your challenges and because of the convoluted UI menus didnt know to use XP boosters so literally was incapable of progressing in the battlepass beyond like lvl 6

I assume this is somthign we will see in the final release, no way theyd try and cap your battlepass progression like this to pad out content and force you to come back just to complete challenges.

> 2533274887875135;7:
> Needs to be performance based, like Reach. Small amounts of EXP per kill, objectives, medals, etc…

Right, MCC gave you XP based off of medals which is basically the same thing since there were medals for practically everything. But Halo Infinite seems to weigh is directly off of kills rather than medals. I agree though that your performance has an impact on your XP.

Yes please! During saturday technical preview, none of the challenge I had to do to earn XP were possible (capture the flag…). So all the game I had done that day seems pretty meaningless. I had a blast playing but not seing any avancement in the pass was frustrating.

Agreed, though it should be small compared to the challenge XP gains. From the flight we got about 100XP minimun. So i’d say at minimum 10XP and at most 50XP. Of course depending on performence.

> 2533274892878579;11:
> Agreed, though it should be small compared to the challenge XP gains. From the flight we got about 100XP minimun. So i’d say at minimum 10XP and at most 50XP. Of course depending on performence.

Right, generally I would say that in 10 matches you should expect to get a quest done, so at a minimum you would get 200 XP due to 10*10XP + 100XP = 200XP minimum. So maybe if you had a good match you could get up to 30XP or something like that.

Wasnt it bugged? I dont see an issue with rewarding xp from standard play, challenges should just help you reward you with more xp if you clear them and yes xp boosters is just that, helping those who dont have much time playing.

HOWEVER and without going too far off topic.
PAYING to level up should be limited to a few times a week/ months, even year.
Sure I understand soem folks dont have much time, but paying to powerlevel and get that dopamine burst is kinda predatory!
There ARE folks out there that are mentally brickwall against such things and bend over, and whoops, there went several thousand buck… aaaand debt. Be it young or old it hits any age group ( Im not one of them, but I see the issue )
Its also not based on how long you have played/ skill and other factors.

> 2533274807672834;13:
> Wasnt it bugged? I dont see an issue with rewarding xp from standard play, challenges should just help you reward you with more xp if you clear them and yes xp boosters is just that, helping those who dont have much time playing.
>
> HOWEVER and without going too far off topic.
> PAYING to level up should be limited to a few times a week/ months, even year.
> Sure I understand soem folks dont have much time, but paying to powerlevel and get that dopamine burst is kinda predatory!
> There ARE folks out there that are mentally brickwall against such things and bend over, and whoops, there went several thousand buck… aaaand debt. Be it young or old it hits any age group ( Im not one of them, but I see the issue )
> Its also not based on how long you have played/ skill and other factors.

I agree with your statement, the only problem is that 343 would have to be insane to limit their player’s buying potential. Players don’t like it when they are FORCED to buy things, but they have little to complain about if they are given the OPTION to buy themselves to the top but can fight themselves to the top instead. So 343 has no reason to refuse players the option.

> 2535438636443468;1:
> So its come to my attention that quests are supposedly the only way for you to gain XP, I don’t agree with this, I think that you should gain XP from each match and then get a lot of XP for each quest. Kind of like MCC, but instead the XP can be used in the Battle Pass. Now I could be wrong about XP only being awarded from quests, if so then please correct me. I didn’t get into the flight so I don’t personally know. But I think that XP should totally be awarded for each match.

Agreed on this.

> 2535438636443468;14:
> > 2533274807672834;13:
> > Wasnt it bugged? I dont see an issue with rewarding xp from standard play, challenges should just help you reward you with more xp if you clear them and yes xp boosters is just that, helping those who dont have much time playing.
> >
> > HOWEVER and without going too far off topic.
> > PAYING to level up should be limited to a few times a week/ months, even year.
> > Sure I understand soem folks dont have much time, but paying to powerlevel and get that dopamine burst is kinda predatory!
> > There ARE folks out there that are mentally brickwall against such things and bend over, and whoops, there went several thousand buck… aaaand debt. Be it young or old it hits any age group ( Im not one of them, but I see the issue )
> > Its also not based on how long you have played/ skill and other factors.
>
> I agree with your statement, the only problem is that 343 would have to be insane to limit their player’s buying potential.

Insane? I would say that would show they take responsibility and precaution against certain things that you know, media likes to hook into. Just look at other free service games from CERTAIN other publishers/ developers, there have been sue cases regarding such things.
THATS one thing 343 really dont need. Becasue THAT could overshadow all the good things about Halo Infinite and the much milder and friendlier things about the store, season pass etc.
There are other store items that players can splurge money on like theres no tomorrow.

Again to topic. I agree on ordinary xp gains from matches. My bet is that it was bugged, disabled etc.

> 2533274807672834;16:
> > 2535438636443468;14:
> > > 2533274807672834;13:
> > > Wasnt it bugged? I dont see an issue with rewarding xp from standard play, challenges should just help you reward you with more xp if you clear them and yes xp boosters is just that, helping those who dont have much time playing.
> > >
> > > HOWEVER and without going too far off topic.
> > > PAYING to level up should be limited to a few times a week/ months, even year.
> > > Sure I understand soem folks dont have much time, but paying to powerlevel and get that dopamine burst is kinda predatory!
> > > There ARE folks out there that are mentally brickwall against such things and bend over, and whoops, there went several thousand buck… aaaand debt. Be it young or old it hits any age group ( Im not one of them, but I see the issue )
> > > Its also not based on how long you have played/ skill and other factors.
> >
> > I agree with your statement, the only problem is that 343 would have to be insane to limit their player’s buying potential.
>
> Insane? I would say that would show they take responsibility and precaution against certain things that you know, media likes to hook into. Just look at other free service games from CERTAIN other publishers/ developers, there have been sue cases regarding such things.
> THATS one thing 343 really dont need. Becasue THAT could overshadow all the good things about Halo Infinite and the much milder and friendlier things about the store, season pass etc.
> There are other store items that players can splurge money on like theres no tomorrow.
>
> Again to topic. I agree on ordinary xp gains from matches. My bet is that it was bugged, disabled etc.

Well my argument isn’t that 343 SHOULD allow players to buy themselves to the top, but since players can just go back to a past season anyway there isn’t really as much purpose in keeping the battlepass only progress based since old cosmetics aren’t difficult to get a hold of anyway. As a result such cosmetics aren’t really all that important since the ability to show how much of a veteran you are has been squashed. Hence, 343 isn’t really hurting anybody due to the fact that you can just go back to an old battlepass anyway. You have as much time as you need to get to the top so its less of an achievement and as a result 343 needs a way to allow late players the option of catching up on cosmetics if they have money to burn.

I think there are going to be two different progression systems in this game. One for the battle pass and one for general leveling up. A little while back they said the battlepass is not the only way to unlock things so I suspect that exp will be the primary way to unlock non-battlepass (free) items. With that in mind, it doesn’t bother me that there are two different methods to unlock gear. This is basically how apex legends handle their progression systems and I feel they work pretty well.

> 2557401216976241;18:
> I think there are going to be two different progression systems in this game. One for the battle pass and one for general leveling up. A little while back they said the battlepass is not the only way to unlock things so I suspect that exp will be the primary way to unlock non-battlepass (free) items. With that in mind, it doesn’t bother me that there are two different methods to unlock gear. This is basically how apex legends handle their progression systems and I feel they work pretty well.

But the devs said that they wanted a system in which it was clear what you were working towards, and since I have no clue what items are coming that means that I’m basically working towards a total mystery item, which the devs said they wouldn’t do. I feel that there is no harm in allowing people to slowly grind their way to the top of a battlepass by just playing 100 matches.

In the final product hopefully, it is not confusing. This was just a tech preview with not all systems in place and with just a small glimpse of the battlepass so we had a few customization options in-game and can comment on the UI. During my time playing it was pretty clear that the challenges unlocked levels in the battlepass and if the cosmetics that are unlocked through your spartan level are not random then that should be pretty clear what you’re working towards too. They might also be forcing players to participate in challenges so that players can’t find that one gametype/ playstyle to farm exp.