XP question...

I have been living under a rock for the past year and I have not played Halo 4 since forge island came out…

My question is, is there actually an XP cap?
I have never seen this before, is it for real!?
I know you can be banned but a cap?

If there is an XP cap for Halo 4… This seems like the most ridiculous thing ever! Call of Duty and Gears of War don’t have XP CAPS!! As a matter of fact I have never heard of any game to have one, but Halo 4? Is this true?!

Halo reach had a credit cap… halo 4 does too.

Gears of War and Call of Duty have an incredible amount of Rank Boosters.

Halo has it’s share of boosters but nothing nearly as bad as those two games. We have the XP/cR cap to thank for that.

> Gears of War and Call of Duty have an incredible amount of Rank Boosters.
>
> Halo has it’s share of boosters but nothing nearly as bad as those two games. We have the XP/cR cap to thank for that.

I hit it often on my road to 130. I got my 130 on the fifth of December I think.

Jeez I guess I just never earned, nor reached it within the limit… I mean I played a lot of Reach and 4 matchmaking, for hours straight and never ever stopped earning XP/credits…

> Jeez I guess I just never earned, nor reached it within the limit… I mean I played a lot of Reach and 4 matchmaking, for hours straight and never ever stopped earning XP/credits…

when I played Halo 4 (loaned my disc to my son , havent gotten it back yet), i played with a group and several of them were always hittng the daily xp cap in both Reach and 4, I never have, but I only play between 2 to 4 hours in the evenings

Note: also the higher your rank in Reach then the more XP you earn, and I beleive that there is a specialization in 4 that allows you to increase your xp in the games

> > Jeez I guess I just never earned, nor reached it within the limit… I mean I played a lot of Reach and 4 matchmaking, for hours straight and never ever stopped earning XP/credits…
>
> when I played Halo 4 (loaned my disc to my son , havent gotten it back yet), i played with a group and several of them were always hittng the daily xp cap in both Reach and 4, I never have, but I only play between 2 to 4 hours in the evenings
>
> Note: also the higher your rank in Reach then the more XP you earn, and <mark>I beleive that there is a specialization in 4 that allows you to increase your xp in the games</mark>

“Fast Track” … I used it and now wish I hadn’t; ranking up is such a great way to keep you coming back (which is weird, because older games never had a system like that and I kept going back. I certainly never ranked up Mario or James Bond or even Master Chief in Halo CE).
I was not aware of a daily cap … in Reach in must be massive because I was determined to get my Mark V helmet and shoulders and spent a good 8-10 hours one day playing nothing but firefight and completing challenges.
Now I gotta get the Mark VI helmet. sigh