XP info needs to be heavily addressed

So it has been confirmed that 1. The only way to get XP is through challenges and 2. There will be so many daily challenges that it would take a serious grinder to actually get through all of them and 3. A lot of those challenges are just for playing and winning matches. All confirmed by Unyshek on Twitter by the way.

Now, this has me kind of worried. I need a lot of explanation from 343 on this. Just how many challenges will come every day? How many are for just playing and winning? How many require specific goals that you have to go out of your way for? Why bother with an XP booster? WE NEED MORE INFO!

Y’all have been clear with communication so far, so be extra clear with this. This is a lot more important than most stuff and I want to be absolutely certain on how this system works. I have faith in y’all, but this is pushing my limit. Please do well.

EDIT: I’m preaching this to everyone right now, SPREAD YOUR VOICES ON THIS LIKE A WILDFIRE. Unlike the delays, this can be changed before launch. They have heard many of our pleas (look at the new Inside), they shall hear this one! Set a fire in your heart, Spartans! Next flight, send in support tickets demanding this be changed, they shall hear us! We flight for a reason, and one of those is to give feedback. THIS IS FEEDBACK WE MUST GIVE.

I agree that they have been weirdly vague. It would be very odd to not receive XP for completing matches regardless of daily challenges. Challenges should always give you a bonus, not be the sole way to level up. Hopefully they can be more clear about the system soon.

> 2533274802341352;2:
> I agree that they have been weirdly vague. It would be very odd to not receive XP for completing matches regardless of daily challenges. Challenges should always give you a bonus, not be the sole way to level up. Hopefully they can be more clear about the system soon.

I’m hoping there’s just going to be a button of “play 1 match” and “win 1 match” challenges. That’d be acceptable and would stow many fears

> 2533274937939153;3:
> > 2533274802341352;2:
> > I agree that they have been weirdly vague. It would be very odd to not receive XP for completing matches regardless of daily challenges. Challenges should always give you a bonus, not be the sole way to level up. Hopefully they can be more clear about the system soon.
>
> I’m hoping there’s just going to be a button of “play 1 match” and “win 1 match” challenges. That’d be acceptable and would stow many fears

I think this would technically be a fine solution, but I don’t think it would feel as good as just earning raw experience through gameplay, where you can earn more if you play well, and less if you play poorly.

> 2533274802341352;4:
> > 2533274937939153;3:
> > > 2533274802341352;2:
> > > I agree that they have been weirdly vague. It would be very odd to not receive XP for completing matches regardless of daily challenges. Challenges should always give you a bonus, not be the sole way to level up. Hopefully they can be more clear about the system soon.
> >
> > I’m hoping there’s just going to be a button of “play 1 match” and “win 1 match” challenges. That’d be acceptable and would stow many fears
>
> I think this would technically be a fine solution, but I don’t think it would feel as good as just earning raw experience through gameplay, where you can earn more if you play well, and less if you play poorly.

agreed in full. Almost feels like they’re putting in more work for something that just won’t work as good

Not being able to receive XP just from playing multiplayer in general is a massive bummer…

> 2535461884091985;6:
> Not being able to receive XP just from playing multiplayer in general is a massive bummer…

Agreed

I hope winning gives you a bonus but you will also recieve a smaller amount by just playing and not quitting.

They also said it runs great on all platforms without being specific. The Tech Preview ran at around 30 on a One X, which is far from “runs great”.

Another wall of text with little to no information…

This is a bad-bad-bad system. 343 needs to change this. Players should be rewarded for playing all aspects of the game in the way they want to play it - not by conditions set by the egregious challenge and challenge swap system. If someone gets a killionare in MP or performs the best in the lobby - they should be awarded for their commendations and medals.

All they had to do was implement the ranking and points system in MCC, but also include season points for every level rank-up, not just the first 100. Or you know, Xbox 360 Halo: Reach progression since that is what Infinite is mainly based on.

In summary, 343 is punishing players from progressing through the battlepass in a consumer friendly and natural manner by throttling progression through challenges that don’t reflect how well or what you play in a given match. Players should be rewarded based on the time they spend in the game period, not by how they spend their time in game. Challenges should be a secondary system to increase XP gains as a supplement to a traditional XP system.

I was pointing my out my worries of this during the flight and everyone and their mother were telling me that XP ok nly from challenges wasn’t going to be a thing… Well look at how th ok ngs turned out…

challengea being the only way to level up will be terrible. Are challenges the same for everybody at the same time? Because God all mighty if they make a “Shotgun Kills” challenge we will people quitatches in mass because they didn’t get a shotgun.