XP Boosting

I couldn’t find a thread about this using the “Search Waypoint” option so here we go.

I really don’t like it when you have players that roll into games, be it spartan ops or MM, get 3 kills and then go AFK for the rest of the game and leave it up to the rest of us to get things sorted out but neither is there a way to report it accurately.

What this allows is them to get a SR 130, albeit over a longer stretch of time than those of us actually participating … That’s not right. Part of the problem is that win or lose, you still get XP. I’ve thought it out and while I think the XP way of doing things sux altogether as that is what promotes this kind of behavior, I don’t think you should not let the players on the losing end of things have any XP, I believe that to be a bit too severe.

What I would certainly like to see is a much improved way of reporting things. Currently I report them under “cheating” which is defined as using methods to influence the outcome of the game. Too much grey area there. Why not simply add a tab in the report menu listing boosting or afk? It seems like that would handle this issue nicely.

I voted yes, but this will do no good. THe report system is setup by MS, not 343i.

I wasn’t sure as it seems all games have a slightly different menu. Thank you for the heads up though. Seems as though it would apply to all games though.

voted Yes

Any idea as to where to submit this to where it would count? I’ve literally called Xbox sometimes after repeated games of this happening. It would be nice to simply click on something.

Anyone who XP boosts is an idiot. This isn’t like Reach. I was an early Inheritor and it took forever get there, even with daily credit caps, doing all of the challenges, etc. But what was cool in Reach was Bungie reset many of the first Inheritors for XP boosting. :slight_smile:

In Halo 4 I maxed out weeks ago without any double XP, fast-tracking Pioneer, etc.

A lot of the 130s are no longer around b/c with XP attached to so many elements of the game it loses a lot of interest if XP doesn’t count.

No I don’t want to have to report them.

They are already burdening me, why stack on the additional burden of having to note who it was, get out of the lobby after the match, find them in the list and then report them for being AFK? NO

Solution: BOOT THEM. 30 seconds of inactivity = auto boot.

Yeah, I didn’t play Reach for about 6 months after it came out. H3 diehard but it took me about 9 months to get it on my main after I decided to go ahead and do it. Reach didn’t promote boosting nearly as much as H4 as so many things are unlockable through XP, prolly 10 times the amount of things as well as classes.

> No I don’t want to have to report them.
>
> They are already burdening me, why stack on the additional burden of having to note who it was, get out of the lobby after the match, find them in the list and then report them for being AFK? NO
>
> Solution: BOOT THEM. 30 seconds of inactivity = auto boot.

lol I was thinking 15 seconds myself.

You can/I recommend:

Submit player review
Behavior
Quit Early
Avoid Player

I think that might give them a bad identity and might lead to a ban if more people do it. I consider AFK the same as quitting early. So, giving them a bad review might lead to a ban if that’s what you wana do.

> You can/I recommend:
>
> Submit player review
> Behavior
> Quit Early
> Avoid Player
>
> I think that might give them a bad identity and might lead to a ban if more people do it. I consider AFK the same as quitting early. So, giving them a bad review might lead to a ban if that’s what you wana do.

OK, a tab for AFK or Boosting in that menu would do just as well.

How do you know they are AFKing to “cheat” or something “came up”?
I didn’t play an entire game of SWAT yesterday because some packages arrived just as the game was starting. I was AFK the entire game, but I wouldn’t say I cheated.

Yes you could go into their game history, but eve then you can’t be sure they are AFKing just by their kills. I have people on my FL that only get between 3-6 kills for about 50% of their games.
inb4theyshouldnotplaythen they enjoy the game regardless.

Really, who cares if they are AFKing.
At this point there is no ranking system, and you only get a few hundred exp less for losing then you would for winning.

Plus there’s the age old; Play with friends and you won’t have this problem.

I wish I could run with friends more often. Whenever I set up in a party though my ping goes crazy. Normal avg is 33 but then it spikes up to the mid 100’s. It’s aggravating.

personally have bigger problem with trolls blowing up whatever your driving in spartan ops or war games and team killing you…in spartan ops…

reguardless i would aprriciate a button for it, however, afk player need not to move for over a minute an half befor you can file report on him/her (pesonally i sometime go afk mid game cause things poping up and have to deal with them for about a minute or so and heading back to play, unlike trolls and boosters wich basicly sit at the starting location the whole freaking game…)

Suggestions to the reporting feature should be posted on the xbox forums, not here. Good idea though.

Also, you should just avoid them for unsporting conduct. I don’t think filing a complaint for cheating (manipulating the system etc) is appropriate if they’re just AFK.

Just need to make an auto after x amount of time boot feature. I understand things come up sometimes, Ive been there myself. 1 min seems fair to me, but whatever is fine really. If I afk’d for more than a minute, I wouldnt be upset in the slightest having been booted from game before I got back.

More so for war games, it is indeed annoying playing to be competitive, but constantly getting jammed up by people on your team not even participating. I would rather play with 3 other ppl that sucked than play with 1 afk person.

Auto boot and let the join in progress try and get you a rep.

> I couldn’t find a thread about this using the “Search Waypoint” option so here we go.
>
> I really don’t like it when you have players that roll into games, be it spartan ops or MM, get 3 kills and then go AFK for the rest of the game and leave it up to the rest of us to get things sorted out but neither is there a way to report it accurately.
>
> What this allows is them to get a SR 130, albeit over a longer stretch of time than those of us actually participating … That’s not right. Part of the problem is that win or lose, you still get XP. I’ve thought it out and while I think the XP way of doing things sux altogether as that is what promotes this kind of behavior, I don’t think you should not let the players on the losing end of things have any XP, I believe that to be a bit too severe.
>
> What I would certainly like to see is a much improved way of reporting things. Currently I report them under “cheating” which is defined as using methods to influence the outcome of the game. Too much grey area there. Why not simply add a tab in the report menu listing boosting or afk? It seems like that would handle this issue nicely.

Just stand near them when they’re AFK and -Yoink!- or melee them until they come back. Also on any spartan ops mission with vehicles, go right ahead and splatter them time and time again.