XP Ban Question

I was banned for using guests in matchmaking to boost my Commendation XP. The game told me I was temporarily banned from receiving XP. How long will this ban last for?

well you shouldn’t boost instead you should play spartan ops for more XP and watch some youtube videos.

Ur first time?..usually 24 hours…anything after that who knows…

You can get banned for that? Wtf… commendations don’t give anything useful, just occasional armor sets. It doesn’t provide you with an unfair advantage over other players, as armor sets are strictly cosmetic in nature.

But let me get the scenario straight… you went online, set up some dummy accounts, and went and killed them to help get commendations?

Seems a little overboard to me, and while I personally wouldn’t use this method to unlock items, I know some people don’t have enough skill to get assassinations. I know some people that kind of skill, and Halo 5 would be out before they get to unlock the Venator armor set.

Furthermore, how would 343i even know that you did that? If you did that while other people were watching, that’s your fault man lol. Otherwise, they should have no way of knowing.

Oh well, shouldn’t be too long of a ban.

Not to be rude but I believe people who boost should be XP banned for up to a month. But you’ll most likely only be banned for only 1 day. Boosting for commendation’s is so lame. But I guess It’s better than doing “Other things” to get all the armour in the game. Try actually achieving your commendations and you won’t get banned.

> You can get banned for that? Wtf… commendations don’t give anything useful, just occasional armor sets. It doesn’t provide you with an unfair advantage over other players, as armor sets are strictly cosmetic in nature.
>
> But let me get the scenario straight… you went online, set up some dummy accounts, and went and killed them to help get commendations?
>
> Seems a little overboard to me, and while I personally wouldn’t use this method to unlock items, I know some people don’t have enough skill to get assassinations. I know some people that kind of skill, and Halo 5 would be out before they get to unlock the Venator armor set.
>
> Furthermore, <mark>how would 343i even know that you did that? If you did that while other people were watching, that’s your fault man lol. Otherwise, they should have no way of knowing.</mark>
>
> Oh well, shouldn’t be too long of a ban.

<mark>wut?</mark>

& How is getting your kills off your own unmanned 2nd controller not an unfair advantage?

> You can get banned for that? Wtf… commendations don’t give anything useful, just occasional armor sets. It doesn’t provide you with an unfair advantage over other players, as armor sets are strictly cosmetic in nature.
>
> But let me get the scenario straight… you went online, set up some dummy accounts, and went and killed them to help get commendations?
>
> Seems a little overboard to me, and while I personally wouldn’t use this method to unlock items, I know some people don’t have enough skill to get assassinations. I know some people that kind of skill, and Halo 5 would be out before they get to unlock the Venator armor set.
>
> Furthermore, how would 343i even know that you did that? If you did that while other people were watching, that’s your fault man lol. Otherwise, they should have no way of knowing.
>
> <mark>I believe that your stats for each game are recorded through waypoint. So if all a sudden 10 games (just a number I picked) show up where you get 20 assinations and numerous other kills and don’t die once, the computer decides thats boosting and bans credit for a set period. personally I believe anything after the first time should make it , at least a 4 month ban</mark>
>
>
>
>
> Oh well, shouldn’t be too long of a ban.

> I was banned for using guests in matchmaking to boost my Commendation XP. The game told me I was temporarily banned from receiving XP. How long will this ban last for?

Come on man… Don’t boost…

> <mark>I was banned for using guests in matchmaking to boost my Commendation XP</mark>. The game told me I was temporarily banned from receiving XP. How long will this ban last for?

I don’t cheat. But honestly, this is on the very boarder of the definition of
cheating". To me, cheating gives an unfair advantage over other players, but armor sets don’t actually “do” anything for you. There are a cosmetic add-on, a nice touch, no doubt, but they don’t change the game to be honest. It doesn’t matter if we are all standard master chief clones running around, like in Halo 2, or if we have illegitimate Fotus suits, it’s all the same.

I don’t boost, but I don’t necessarily care about people that do. I don’t think it’s work QQing on the forums about, to be quite honest.

> I don’t cheat. But honestly, this is on the very boarder of the definition of
> cheating". To me, cheating gives an unfair advantage over other players, but armor sets don’t actually “do” anything for you. There are a cosmetic add-on, a nice touch, no doubt, but they don’t change the game to be honest. It doesn’t matter if we are all standard master chief clones running around, like in Halo 2, or if we have illegitimate Fotus suits, it’s all the same.
>
> I don’t boost, but I don’t necessarily care about people that do. I don’t think it’s work QQing on the forums about, to be quite honest.

Actually, armor shows your skill in a way. For example, if you see someone with Protector DRFT or Gungnir, they are more than likely good players.