XboxOne run Infinite at 30fps XBsX&S&PC at 120fps

Ok i will be straight up brutally honest here , If you plan on playing Halo Infinite single player laid back on your livingroom TV its kinda fine to play on your Xbone wich is a more than 10 years old hardware … But if you plan to be any competitive with the game you might need to upgrade to at least a Xbox serie S or X or to buy a decent gaming PC …

If you played the flight on XboxOne and you had trouble with aiming and all tell yourself that the 30FPS cap didnt help especially on XoneS where FPS dips below 30

If 30 FPS remain the FPS target for Infinite it will be playable if we can say that on old hardware While clearly it is suported on old gen consoles , it is clearly meant to be a next gen tittle and playing the multiplayer at 30 FPS will be hard on you facing peoples even on the series S at 120fps , they will have less input lag , more consistant frame and the ability to track target much better … Its actually a good thing that 343 made it a true next gen tittle but at the same time they didnt wanted to leave the old gen 100% behind but its a reminder that if you play on Old hardware you will get a good game still but at a much worst FPS and wont be a smooth experience … So if you can get at least a Serie S if you are on a budjet or a Good gaming PC or a XboxSX then do that because the Xbone version do not cut it for me !

Here Digital foundry analysis

> 2533274792075066;1:
> Ok i will be straight up brutally honest here , If you plan on playing Halo Infinite single player laid back on your livingroom TV its kinda fine to play on your Xbone wich is a more than 10 years old hardware … But if you plan to be any competitive with the game you might need to upgrade to at least a Xbox serie S or X or to buy a decent gaming PC …
>
> If you played the flight on XboxOne and you had trouble with aiming and all tell yourself that the 30FPS cap didnt help especially on XoneS where FPS dips below 30
>
> If 30 FPS remain the FPS target for Infinite it will be playable if we can say that on old hardware While clearly it is suported on old gen consoles , it is clearly meant to be a next gen tittle and playing the multiplayer at 30 FPS will be hard on you facing peoples even on the series S at 120fps , they will have less input lag , more consistant frame and the ability to track target much better … Its actually a good thing that 343 made it a true next gen tittle but at the same time they didnt wanted to leave the old gen 100% behind but its a reminder that if you play on Old hardware you will get a good game still but at a much worst FPS and wont be a smooth experience … So if you can get at least a Serie S if you are on a budjet or a Good gaming PC or a XboxSX then do that because the Xbone version do not cut it for me !
>
> Here Digital foundry analysis
> Halo Infinite Gameplay Trailer Analysis: Are The Graphics Really 'Flat'...? - YouTube

It’s not truly next gen at all however they drew a line for specific things for scalability which was smart. This tells me it will be easier to update these textures when the Xbox One is left behind.

> 2533274792737987;2:
> > 2533274792075066;1:
> > Ok i will be straight up brutally honest here , If you plan on playing Halo Infinite single player laid back on your livingroom TV its kinda fine to play on your Xbone wich is a more than 10 years old hardware … But if you plan to be any competitive with the game you might need to upgrade to at least a Xbox serie S or X or to buy a decent gaming PC …
> >
> > If you played the flight on XboxOne and you had trouble with aiming and all tell yourself that the 30FPS cap didnt help especially on XoneS where FPS dips below 30
> >
> > If 30 FPS remain the FPS target for Infinite it will be playable if we can say that on old hardware While clearly it is suported on old gen consoles , it is clearly meant to be a next gen tittle and playing the multiplayer at 30 FPS will be hard on you facing peoples even on the series S at 120fps , they will have less input lag , more consistant frame and the ability to track target much better … Its actually a good thing that 343 made it a true next gen tittle but at the same time they didnt wanted to leave the old gen 100% behind but its a reminder that if you play on Old hardware you will get a good game still but at a much worst FPS and wont be a smooth experience … So if you can get at least a Serie S if you are on a budjet or a Good gaming PC or a XboxSX then do that because the Xbone version do not cut it for me !
> >
> > Here Digital foundry analysis
> > Halo Infinite Gameplay Trailer Analysis: Are The Graphics Really 'Flat'...? - YouTube
>
> It’s not truly next gen at all however they drew a line for specific things for scalability which was smart. This tells me it will be easier to update these textures when the Xbox One is left behind.

It would have been preferable if they left it all behind but they did not … they made some compromise but not to much the game still look nice and next gen on the highest setting on PC but the performance are still terrible and jittery , only the XboxSerieS ran the game fine and the worst part is that the XboxSeries X is more powerfull but ran the game worst in the tech preview lol

My PC has 48gb of DDr4 4000mhx cl16 ram 2x16 and 2x8 sticks with a RTX TUF 3080OC and a ryzen 5600x @4.8ghz and ive installed the game on a M.2 5000mbps sabrent and the game game was running very poorly even when i had high FPS it didnt felt fluid but i expect these hickup to be resolve until launch and especially if they have support for DLSS and more scalability … But still for Multiplayer it is clearly not meant for old gen consoles and those playing on old gen should not ask for " increase aim assistance " and what not they should know what they are getting when they decide to not buy a next gen system either a Good gaming PC or a Xbox series S or X

> 2533274792075066;3:
> > 2533274792737987;2:
> > > 2533274792075066;1:
> > > Ok i will be straight up brutally honest here , If you plan on playing Halo Infinite single player laid back on your livingroom TV its kinda fine to play on your Xbone wich is a more than 10 years old hardware … But if you plan to be any competitive with the game you might need to upgrade to at least a Xbox serie S or X or to buy a decent gaming PC …
> > >
> > > If you played the flight on XboxOne and you had trouble with aiming and all tell yourself that the 30FPS cap didnt help especially on XoneS where FPS dips below 30
> > >
> > > If 30 FPS remain the FPS target for Infinite it will be playable if we can say that on old hardware While clearly it is suported on old gen consoles , it is clearly meant to be a next gen tittle and playing the multiplayer at 30 FPS will be hard on you facing peoples even on the series S at 120fps , they will have less input lag , more consistant frame and the ability to track target much better … Its actually a good thing that 343 made it a true next gen tittle but at the same time they didnt wanted to leave the old gen 100% behind but its a reminder that if you play on Old hardware you will get a good game still but at a much worst FPS and wont be a smooth experience … So if you can get at least a Serie S if you are on a budjet or a Good gaming PC or a XboxSX then do that because the Xbone version do not cut it for me !
> > >
> > > Here Digital foundry analysis
> > > Halo Infinite Gameplay Trailer Analysis: Are The Graphics Really 'Flat'...? - YouTube
> >
> > It’s not truly next gen at all however they drew a line for specific things for scalability which was smart. This tells me it will be easier to update these textures when the Xbox One is left behind.
>
> It would have been preferable if they left it all behind but they did not … they made some compromise but not to much the game still look nice and next gen on the highest setting on PC but the performance are still terrible and jittery , only the XboxSerieS ran the game fine and the worst part is that the XboxSeries X is more powerfull but ran the game worst in the tech preview lol
>
> My PC has 48gb of DDr4 4000mhx cl16 ram 2x16 and 2x8 sticks with a RTX TUF 3080OC and a ryzen 5600x @4.8ghz and ive installed the game on a M.2 5000mbps sabrent and the game game was running very poorly even when i had high FPS it didnt felt fluid but i expect these hickup to be resolve until launch and especially if they have support for DLSS and more scalability … But still for Multiplayer it is clearly not meant for old gen consoles and those playing on old gen should not ask for " increase aim assistance " and what not they should know what they are getting when they decide to not buy a next gen system either a Good gaming PC or a Xbox series S or X

The game is still being optimized so I wouldn’t worry about performance right now. They have to have the biggest audience as possible for a F2P game.

I call it a win that they even got the game to run and look as well as it does on the older xb1’s, especially the launch xb1. Xbox one x I believe is going to have an option for performance and graphics it just wasn’t enabled or not working during the flight (series x performance toggle wasn’t active either). The build we got as well to play was also 2 months old so there’ll probably be some more optimization and performance improvements being made/already have done.

> 2533274792737987;4:
> > 2533274792075066;3:
> > > 2533274792737987;2:
> > > > 2533274792075066;1:
> > > > Ok i will be straight up brutally honest here , If you plan on playing Halo Infinite single player laid back on your livingroom TV its kinda fine to play on your Xbone wich is a more than 10 years old hardware … But if you plan to be any competitive with the game you might need to upgrade to at least a Xbox serie S or X or to buy a decent gaming PC …
> > > >
> > > > If you played the flight on XboxOne and you had trouble with aiming and all tell yourself that the 30FPS cap didnt help especially on XoneS where FPS dips below 30
> > > >
> > > > If 30 FPS remain the FPS target for Infinite it will be playable if we can say that on old hardware While clearly it is suported on old gen consoles , it is clearly meant to be a next gen tittle and playing the multiplayer at 30 FPS will be hard on you facing peoples even on the series S at 120fps , they will have less input lag , more consistant frame and the ability to track target much better … Its actually a good thing that 343 made it a true next gen tittle but at the same time they didnt wanted to leave the old gen 100% behind but its a reminder that if you play on Old hardware you will get a good game still but at a much worst FPS and wont be a smooth experience … So if you can get at least a Serie S if you are on a budjet or a Good gaming PC or a XboxSX then do that because the Xbone version do not cut it for me !
> > > >
> > > > Here Digital foundry analysis
> > > > Halo Infinite Gameplay Trailer Analysis: Are The Graphics Really 'Flat'...? - YouTube
> > >
> > > It’s not truly next gen at all however they drew a line for specific things for scalability which was smart. This tells me it will be easier to update these textures when the Xbox One is left behind.
> >
> > It would have been preferable if they left it all behind but they did not … they made some compromise but not to much the game still look nice and next gen on the highest setting on PC but the performance are still terrible and jittery , only the XboxSerieS ran the game fine and the worst part is that the XboxSeries X is more powerfull but ran the game worst in the tech preview lol
> >
> > My PC has 48gb of DDr4 4000mhx cl16 ram 2x16 and 2x8 sticks with a RTX TUF 3080OC and a ryzen 5600x @4.8ghz and ive installed the game on a M.2 5000mbps sabrent and the game game was running very poorly even when i had high FPS it didnt felt fluid but i expect these hickup to be resolve until launch and especially if they have support for DLSS and more scalability … But still for Multiplayer it is clearly not meant for old gen consoles and those playing on old gen should not ask for " increase aim assistance " and what not they should know what they are getting when they decide to not buy a next gen system either a Good gaming PC or a Xbox series S or X
>
> The game is still being optimized so I wouldn’t worry about performance right now. They have to have the biggest audience as possible for a F2P game.

But its pretty much set in stone now that Xbone regardless of the version beside maybe if there is a performance 1080p mode for XboneX will target a 30fps cap wich wont cut it for multiplayers agaisnt PC and Xbox Series S and X players … 30FPS for a shooter game is truely sub optimal … 60FPS is the bare minimum for Multiplayer

> 2533274792075066;6:
> > 2533274792737987;4:
> > > 2533274792075066;3:
> > > > 2533274792737987;2:
> > > > > 2533274792075066;1:
> > > > > Ok i will be straight up brutally honest here , If you plan on playing Halo Infinite single player laid back on your livingroom TV its kinda fine to play on your Xbone wich is a more than 10 years old hardware … But if you plan to be any competitive with the game you might need to upgrade to at least a Xbox serie S or X or to buy a decent gaming PC …
> > > > >
> > > > > If you played the flight on XboxOne and you had trouble with aiming and all tell yourself that the 30FPS cap didnt help especially on XoneS where FPS dips below 30
> > > > >
> > > > > If 30 FPS remain the FPS target for Infinite it will be playable if we can say that on old hardware While clearly it is suported on old gen consoles , it is clearly meant to be a next gen tittle and playing the multiplayer at 30 FPS will be hard on you facing peoples even on the series S at 120fps , they will have less input lag , more consistant frame and the ability to track target much better … Its actually a good thing that 343 made it a true next gen tittle but at the same time they didnt wanted to leave the old gen 100% behind but its a reminder that if you play on Old hardware you will get a good game still but at a much worst FPS and wont be a smooth experience … So if you can get at least a Serie S if you are on a budjet or a Good gaming PC or a XboxSX then do that because the Xbone version do not cut it for me !
> > > > >
> > > > > Here Digital foundry analysis
> > > > > Halo Infinite Gameplay Trailer Analysis: Are The Graphics Really 'Flat'...? - YouTube
> > > >
> > > > It’s not truly next gen at all however they drew a line for specific things for scalability which was smart. This tells me it will be easier to update these textures when the Xbox One is left behind.
> > >
> > > It would have been preferable if they left it all behind but they did not … they made some compromise but not to much the game still look nice and next gen on the highest setting on PC but the performance are still terrible and jittery , only the XboxSerieS ran the game fine and the worst part is that the XboxSeries X is more powerfull but ran the game worst in the tech preview lol
> > >
> > > My PC has 48gb of DDr4 4000mhx cl16 ram 2x16 and 2x8 sticks with a RTX TUF 3080OC and a ryzen 5600x @4.8ghz and ive installed the game on a M.2 5000mbps sabrent and the game game was running very poorly even when i had high FPS it didnt felt fluid but i expect these hickup to be resolve until launch and especially if they have support for DLSS and more scalability … But still for Multiplayer it is clearly not meant for old gen consoles and those playing on old gen should not ask for " increase aim assistance " and what not they should know what they are getting when they decide to not buy a next gen system either a Good gaming PC or a Xbox series S or X
> >
> > The game is still being optimized so I wouldn’t worry about performance right now. They have to have the biggest audience as possible for a F2P game.
>
> But its pretty much set in stone now that Xbone regardless of the version beside maybe if there is a performance 1080p mode for XboneX will target a 30fps cap wich wont cut it for multiplayers agaisnt PC and Xbox Series S and X players … 30FPS for a shooter game is truely sub optimal … 60FPS is the bare minimum for Multiplayer

60FPS was never a promise for the base consoles last gen so I don’t mind.

the game is fun,that’s what matters.
TRANSLATE with x English ArabicHebrewPolish BulgarianHindiPortuguese CatalanHmong DawRomanian Chinese SimplifiedHungarianRussian Chinese TraditionalIndonesianSlovak CzechItalianSlovenian DanishJapaneseSpanish DutchKlingonSwedish EnglishKoreanThai EstonianLatvianTurkish FinnishLithuanianUkrainian FrenchMalayUrdu GermanMalteseVietnamese GreekNorwegianWelsh Haitian CreolePersian Bing Webmaster Portal <a>Back</a>

Going to be honest. I’m use to 30fps. All I’ve ever known for gaming. So for me it’s basically a I can’t miss what I don’t know situation

> 2535454302176535;9:
> Going to be honest. I’m use to 30fps. All I’ve ever known for gaming. So for me it’s basically a I can’t miss what I don’t know situation

Unless you plan on skipping multiplayer, thanks to cross-gen/cross-platform play you’ll still miss getting kills or winning matches, when you’re matched against Series and PC players

> 2533274819029930;10:
> > 2535454302176535;9:
> > Going to be honest. I’m use to 30fps. All I’ve ever known for gaming. So for me it’s basically a I can’t miss what I don’t know situation
>
> Unless you plan on skipping multiplayer, thanks to cross-gen/cross-platform play you’ll still miss getting kills or winning matches, when you’re matched against Series and PC players

Nah. I play destiny 2 and play trials which is the equivalent of ranked, ranked PvP. Trust me when I say. I’m used to it, and honestly doesn’t bother me. It’s just a game, you win. You lose.

> 2535454302176535;11:
> > 2533274819029930;10:
> > > 2535454302176535;9:
> > > Going to be honest. I’m use to 30fps. All I’ve ever known for gaming. So for me it’s basically a I can’t miss what I don’t know situation
> >
> > Unless you plan on skipping multiplayer, thanks to cross-gen/cross-platform play you’ll still miss getting kills or winning matches, when you’re matched against Series and PC players
>
> Nah. I play destiny 2 and play trials which is the equivalent of ranked, ranked PvP. Trust me when I say. I’m used to it, and honestly doesn’t bother me. It’s just a game, you win. You lose.

Could be wrong but as far as I can tell, Destiny 2 does not matchmake 30fps and 60fps+ players on different platforms together.

> 2533274819029930;12:
> > 2535454302176535;11:
> > > 2533274819029930;10:
> > > > 2535454302176535;9:
> > > > Going to be honest. I’m use to 30fps. All I’ve ever known for gaming. So for me it’s basically a I can’t miss what I don’t know situation
> > >
> > > Unless you plan on skipping multiplayer, thanks to cross-gen/cross-platform play you’ll still miss getting kills or winning matches, when you’re matched against Series and PC players
> >
> > Nah. I play destiny 2 and play trials which is the equivalent of ranked, ranked PvP. Trust me when I say. I’m used to it, and honestly doesn’t bother me. It’s just a game, you win. You lose.
>
> Could be wrong but as far as I can tell, Destiny 2 does not matchmake 30fps and 60fps+ players on different platforms together.

Yes and no is the short of it.

> 2533274792075066;1:
> Ok i will be straight up brutally honest here , If you plan on playing Halo Infinite single player laid back on your livingroom TV its kinda fine to play on your Xbone wich is a more than 10 years old hardware … But if you plan to be any competitive with the game you might need to upgrade to at least a Xbox serie S or X or to buy a decent gaming PC …
>
> If you played the flight on XboxOne and you had trouble with aiming and all tell yourself that the 30FPS cap didnt help especially on XoneS where FPS dips below 30
>
> If 30 FPS remain the FPS target for Infinite it will be playable if we can say that on old hardware While clearly it is suported on old gen consoles , it is clearly meant to be a next gen tittle and playing the multiplayer at 30 FPS will be hard on you facing peoples even on the series S at 120fps , they will have less input lag , more consistant frame and the ability to track target much better … Its actually a good thing that 343 made it a true next gen tittle but at the same time they didnt wanted to leave the old gen 100% behind but its a reminder that if you play on Old hardware you will get a good game still but at a much worst FPS and wont be a smooth experience … So if you can get at least a Serie S if you are on a budjet or a Good gaming PC or a XboxSX then do that because the Xbone version do not cut it for me !
>
> Here Digital foundry analysis
> Halo Infinite Gameplay Trailer Analysis: Are The Graphics Really 'Flat'...? - YouTube

2 ways to look at it
1 I want it fully optimised for Xbox one 60 fps higher graphical fidelity ( unlikely )
2 I’m just thankful I can even get to play it on Xbox one even if it is 30 fps and a lower graphical fidelity ( likely )

> 2533274819029930;12:
> > 2535454302176535;11:
> > > 2533274819029930;10:
> > > > 2535454302176535;9:
> > > > Going to be honest. I’m use to 30fps. All I’ve ever known for gaming. So for me it’s basically a I can’t miss what I don’t know situation
> > >
> > > Unless you plan on skipping multiplayer, thanks to cross-gen/cross-platform play you’ll still miss getting kills or winning matches, when you’re matched against Series and PC players
> >
> > Nah. I play destiny 2 and play trials which is the equivalent of ranked, ranked PvP. Trust me when I say. I’m used to it, and honestly doesn’t bother me. It’s just a game, you win. You lose.
>
> Could be wrong but as far as I can tell, Destiny 2 does not matchmake 30fps and 60fps+ players on different platforms together.

Lets hope 343 will do that for xbone player sake

> 2535454302176535;9:
> Going to be honest. I’m use to 30fps. All I’ve ever known for gaming. So for me it’s basically a I can’t miss what I don’t know situation

What was your accuracy average in the flight ?

We don’t know this will be the case. This was an old build which is 2 to 3 months old and they repeatedly said this. Also, it wasn’t optimized whatsoever you are making a lot of assumptions based on a very small slice of an unoptimized game. You really need to give it a rest dude.

> 2533274885506317;17:
> We don’t know this will be the case. This was an old build which is 2 to 3 months old and they repeatedly said this. Also, it wasn’t optimized whatsoever you are making a lot of assumptions based on a very small slice of an unoptimized game. You really need to give it a rest dude.

It is very very hard to beleive the FPS target will drastically change for Xbone … there is chances for XboneX to get the performances mode in 1080p 60 fps tho because in the tech build the XboneX had the option performances wich did nothing between quality and performances so there is big chance the XboneX will see a multiplayers 60 fps performance 1080p option but iam doubtfull for the Xbone original and S

> 2533274792075066;18:
> > 2533274885506317;17:
> > We don’t know this will be the case. This was an old build which is 2 to 3 months old and they repeatedly said this. Also, it wasn’t optimized whatsoever you are making a lot of assumptions based on a very small slice of an unoptimized game. You really need to give it a rest dude.
>
> It is very very hard to beleive the FPS target will drastically change for Xbone … there is chances for XboneX to get the performances mode in 1080p 60 fps tho because in the tech build the XboneX had the option performances wich did nothing between quality and performances so there is big chance the XboneX will see a multiplayers 60 fps performance 1080p option but iam doubtfull for the Xbone original and S

They will probably drop it down to 720p or thereabouts for the Xbox one if it’s to achieve 60 fps but who knows yet we will have to wait on details or at least a later build before we know for sure.

> 2533274885506317;17:
> We don’t know this will be the case. This was an old build which is 2 to 3 months old and they repeatedly said this. Also, it wasn’t optimized whatsoever you are making a lot of assumptions based on a very small slice of an unoptimized game. You really need to give it a rest dude.

We don’t know for sure, but can make some educated guesses.
If the Xbox One and One X versions will actually target 60fps and just weren’t optimized enough yet, then they could have let them run unlocked during the test, framerates bouncing around the 40s and 50s, and it would have inspired more confidence. Why give them a 30fps cap at all, if that’s not what the final game is aiming for?