Xbox problems plz help :l

OK, for the past month I have not been able 2 play halo mcc because it comes up with downloading latest data screen and it just stays like that forever when I go into matchmaking (campaign works), so I uninstalled it and reinstalled it but it stopped at 16% and it said dirty or damaged disk, so I cleaned it and tried again but once again it poped up w/ da error message and over, and over again so I tried it on my brother’s Xbox one and it worked fine even w/ matchmaking so I went online and found no 1 with da same problem, so should I send it in for repair or :stuck_out_tongue: halp would be much appreciated :smiley:

Do you have issues with any other game discs?

Have you tried power cycling your console and then reinstalling again?

> 2533274843742113;2:
> Do you have issues with any other game discs?
>
> Have you tried power cycling your console and then reinstalling again?

Yes, minecraft and destiny work and yes I have power cycled it many times

I worked in several game stores over the years and have an idea. Since the blu-ray is being used for the game discs, a little dirty secret about them is this. They hate dirt or smudges of any kind. PS3 and PS4 discs as well as Xbox One discs have to be virtually spotless for the lasers to read properly, even a fingerprint or smudge will lock the thing up. Hence why they have the glass coating. Get a very soft cloth and warm water and clean the disc surface until no visible streaks of any kind are visible then try again, they can be VERY FINICKY about dirt. Hope this helps.