XBox One's Elite Controller

Is the Elite controller out here in the States yet? If so what kind of prices are people getting and is it worth it…especially since I’m having such a hard time getting my AIM on! Are there better ones out on the market and can you be thrown off MP if you use them although not entering any contests?

Elite controller is freaking awesome. it was $149.99 in the states, not sure about price now. Look it does improve a lot of things and increases speed with the sticks and buttons. it feels much much better, but it does take a day or so to get fully used to it. I can’t use the normal controller now. i am not saying its going to make you a L33t or anything but it has helped improve my game play. check the microsoft online store it should be there. if you have the cash seriously get it.

Well something has got to help me improve my game cause unlike in “Reach”, which I’m having a solo blast in right now, I don’t seem to be able to AIM for s__t1

The Elite controller is great for Halo 5. It has improved my my playing a lot.

I bought it, but it still not here in Mexico, it will arrive till the endo of the month

I pre-ordered the elite controller and received it a week after it was released due to shortages (it’s pretty popular).
Since it’s release, i’ve used it in Halo 5, and Fallout 4. I definitely find that it’s increased the ease with which I do things in both games.

For instance, I re-mapped jump to the top-right underside paddle. This completely negates any conversation about “well I use the ‘boxer’ setup”, or “I use the bumper-jumper setup”. Jump for me now, in any game (after a re-map), is a slight squeeze of my right ring finger.

I also went with the taller sticks to get a greater resolution on stick movements. This, i think, took the most time to get used to. When i first put them on the controller it felt uncomfortable. But now, i love it.

My only gripe is when you have the bottom paddles on the controller, it makes it hard to hold the controller in one hand without pressing one of the paddles. It’s also hard to put the controller down on something not completely flat, as the paddles will get depressed.

To combat this, I simply made the second setting for the controller have those buttons un-mapped. So, if i’m playing Halo, i slide the profile switch over to “1”. When i’m not, and watching netflix, or Youtube, I set the profile to 2. Problem solved.

I can’t say if the controller is worth it for anyone, but I will say that I find it’s worth it for me. As stated by others, it takes some getting used to.

Hope this helps, and I’ve been able to provide some points for you to think about before making a purchase.

I haven’t found even one available here in the US retail market, so I ordered it from Amazon cause they always seem to get hard to find items faster then anyone else!

It turned me into the equivalent of a god. I went from being a ninety pound weakling to being a halo beefcake. When I opened the box, Master Chief punched me right in the beanbag and said he didn’t annihilate the galaxy to have me screw it all up with my bollocks skill set. Now, when I play, I get dozens of gamers who claim to be women sending me requests to father their babies so to make a legit superior sect of chiefs to carry us into the future.

The Elite controller is the best controller I have ever had for a game system. That being said, it’s also quite hard to find. Due to this the price for one is extremely high on sites like eBay charging at nearly $200. If you spend some time you can find one cheaper but they are hella expensive and quite rare. But totally worth it. I’ve been kicking butt in free for all ever since I got it(and I’m still getting used to it) I have been getting 1st place the past 4 games I’ve played. Don’t believe me check my stats.

I’ve got one and I won’t ever go back to a regular controller. The quality is way above a standard one and the amount of customization that you can do should in all honesty BE the standard. Bumperjumper? How about default settings with an action twist to it! It is lovely to be able to keep the default setting which I have always preferred (since so many games are based on that mapping) and still be able to do gandhi jumps and turning as I jump so easily. But don’t expect it to just magically make you a better player. It just give you some tools to better personalize your setup.

Besides the extra buttons (paddles on the back of the controller, absolutely GENIUS) you have the possibility to exchange your thumbsticks length right out of the box. No need for controlfreek additions. Currently I have a longer and a shorter stick in my setup and that works like a treat. They have chosen some solid materials for the build. There is a lot of steel in it. The sticks are made out of steel. This makes the controller feel heavier which I absolutely love. Finally, it comes with two D-pad setups and a USB-cord for the controller. I recommend using it. No need for batteries and you won’t get the slight delay that it would have with an unwired one.

Big note here though. You CAN remap a default controller as well. It seems to me that many do not know this so I am just going to point that out. I just find it so much easier to do with an Elite controller.

> 2535410782505976;9:
> The Elite controller is the best controller I have ever had for a game system. That being said, it’s also quite hard to find. Due to this the price for one is extremely high on sites like eBay charging at nearly $200. If you spend some time you can find one cheaper but they are hella expensive and quite rare. But totally worth it. I’ve been kicking butt in free for all ever since I got it(and I’m still getting used to it) I have been getting 1st place the past 4 games I’ve played. Don’t believe me check my stats.

I’m definitely not one to be bragging about stats, being as I’m a very average player, but I checked your stats and it didn’t inspire me with confidence.

That said, I’m still interested in getting an Elite controller, looks good, great functionality, great customisation. I’ve never tried the old ‘bumper jumper’ settings but know of its benefits (especially since some Halo kills can rely on the jump/turn/shoot combo). Being able to map jump to one of the underneath paddles seems awesome. Shame about the price though.

Yup im getting this controller, im already a bumper jumper player so all i need is to remap one of the bottom buttons to dash and its game over. That is my only problem due to when i press x to dash my finger has to come off of the thumbstick thus losing a split second of aiming which is crucial when trading with diamond and above players.

I just got notice from Amazon that mine should be delivered next Tuesday. I can’t wait!