Xbox one X Enhanced Patch

Can someone please tell me the full install size of Halo Wars 2. I am convinced it’s not running 4K at all and have tried contacting everyone including a chap called Andy at 343 studios.

My One X shows it as 43.8gb with Version number 1.11.0.1.1246

This can’t be the 4K update. Gears 4 and Forza 7 look amazing. This looks like it’s running on an OG Xbox One.

That is the correct build # and that is the correct installation size. IMO Halo Wars 2 looks good and it’s been running at 4K on PC since initial release. The HDR looks particularly great to me personally.

the blur studios cutscenes are unwatchable for me. they have terrible color banding & look grainy. the logo screens at startup & the ark hologram in the background of the campaign menu also have these issues. I can get most of it to go away by disabling HDR. the gameplay graphics seem to work fine in HDR but any pre-rendered stuff is completely broken. I have a 2017 55 inch Vizio M series.

> 2533274915911451;3:
> the blur studios cutscenes are unwatchable for me. they have terrible color banding & look grainy. the logo screens at startup & the ark hologram in the background of the campaign menu also have these issues. I can get most of it to go away by disabling HDR. the gameplay graphics seem to work fine in HDR but any pre-rendered stuff is completely broken. I have a 2017 55 inch Vizio M series.

Hey brother not to be a jerk but just giving you a heads up the issues you’re having such as Hdr & color banding, etc aren’t at all related to the Quality of the Halo Wars 2 patch for the Xbox One X but rather your issues are directly related to the Quality of your 4k Hdr television set as unfortunately all 4k Hdr sets aren’t equal as there’s vast differences between lower end, mid range, and higher end range sets, and its especially true for Hdr, and so your main issue is that you’re television set simply isn’t very good as it could lack quality Hdr 10 implementation, and an indicator of this is the color banding issues as that’s an immediate red flag, and fyi the Xbox One X defaults to the proper video settings for your specific television as it’s got auto detect capabilities although there’s a setting called allow ycc 4:2:2 which isn’t checked on by default, and perhaps try turning that on too see if that helps although more than likely you need to switch the video setting to 10bit if you’ve got an Hdr 10 panel, and or you might have a 10bit panel but it’s simply poor quality which causes the color banding, and so I suggest you play around with the settings, and try 8 bit Hdr without ycc 4:2:2 enabled, and or a combination of different settings, and hopefully you can get a satisfactory result with Hdr enabled…

Fyi I’m again not wanting to seem as if I’m bashing your television as I’m simply saying it’s absolutely the cause of your issues as it’s definitely not the game or the Xbox One X …

> 2535470403136418;4:
> > 2533274915911451;3:
> > the blur studios cutscenes are unwatchable for me. they have terrible color banding & look grainy. the logo screens at startup & the ark hologram in the background of the campaign menu also have these issues. I can get most of it to go away by disabling HDR. the gameplay graphics seem to work fine in HDR but any pre-rendered stuff is completely broken. I have a 2017 55 inch Vizio M series.
>
> Hey brother not to be a jerk but just giving you a heads up the issues you’re having such as Hdr & color banding, etc aren’t at all related to the Quality of the Halo Wars 2 patch for the Xbox One X but rather your issues are directly related to the Quality of your 4k Hdr television set as unfortunately all 4k Hdr sets aren’t equal as there’s vast differences between lower end, mid range, and higher end range sets, and its especially true for Hdr, and so your main issue is that you’re television set simply isn’t very good as it could lack quality Hdr 10 implementation, and an indicator of this is the color banding issues as that’s an immediate red flag, and fyi the Xbox One X defaults to the proper video settings for your specific television as it’s got auto detect capabilities although there’s a setting called allow ycc 4:2:2 which isn’t checked on by default, and perhaps try turning that on too see if that helps although more than likely you need to switch the video setting to 10bit if you’ve got an Hdr 10 panel, and or you might have a 10bit panel but it’s simply poor quality which causes the color banding, and so I suggest you play around with the settings, and try 8 bit Hdr without ycc 4:2:2 enabled, and or a combination of different settings, and hopefully you can get a satisfactory result with Hdr enabled…
>
> Fyi I’m again not wanting to seem as if I’m bashing your television as I’m simply saying it’s absolutely the cause of your issues as it’s definitely not the game or the Xbox One X …

I actually plan on getting an LG OLED when the 2018 models release. the HDR works fine in gameplay. only the pre-rendered cutscenes & menu backgrounds have these issues. I know that HDR performance varies with some tvs flat out lying about their HDR support but, I didn’t think it would be that drastic. What tv do you play on?

> 2533274915911451;5:
> > 2535470403136418;4:
> > > 2533274915911451;3:
> > > the blur studios cutscenes are unwatchable for me. they have terrible color banding & look grainy. the logo screens at startup & the ark hologram in the background of the campaign menu also have these issues. I can get most of it to go away by disabling HDR. the gameplay graphics seem to work fine in HDR but any pre-rendered stuff is completely broken. I have a 2017 55 inch Vizio M series.
> >
> > Hey brother not to be a jerk but just giving you a heads up the issues you’re having such as Hdr & color banding, etc aren’t at all related to the Quality of the Halo Wars 2 patch for the Xbox One X but rather your issues are directly related to the Quality of your 4k Hdr television set as unfortunately all 4k Hdr sets aren’t equal as there’s vast differences between lower end, mid range, and higher end range sets, and its especially true for Hdr, and so your main issue is that you’re television set simply isn’t very good as it could lack quality Hdr 10 implementation, and an indicator of this is the color banding issues as that’s an immediate red flag, and fyi the Xbox One X defaults to the proper video settings for your specific television as it’s got auto detect capabilities although there’s a setting called allow ycc 4:2:2 which isn’t checked on by default, and perhaps try turning that on too see if that helps although more than likely you need to switch the video setting to 10bit if you’ve got an Hdr 10 panel, and or you might have a 10bit panel but it’s simply poor quality which causes the color banding, and so I suggest you play around with the settings, and try 8 bit Hdr without ycc 4:2:2 enabled, and or a combination of different settings, and hopefully you can get a satisfactory result with Hdr enabled…
> >
> > Fyi I’m again not wanting to seem as if I’m bashing your television as I’m simply saying it’s absolutely the cause of your issues as it’s definitely not the game or the Xbox One X …
>
> I actually plan on getting an LG OLED when the 2018 models release. the HDR works fine in gameplay. only the pre-rendered cutscenes & menu backgrounds have these issues. I know that HDR performance varies with some tvs flat out lying about their HDR support but, I didn’t think it would be that drastic. What tv do you play on?

I’ve got the Samsung 55 inch Ku6290 Hdr 4k television set, and while it’s not top of the line, and it doesn’t have the widest color gamut or the brightest nits I can’t complain cause it’s still Hdr 10, and it’s got excellent input lag performance, and Hdr games actually look very good, and I only paid $574.99 dollars which was a great deal as this ku6290 is actually the same exact panel as the ku6300 as the only differences are the lack of Bluetooth, and smart remote but outside of that the Hdr, and overall performance, and image quality is very good as they’re identical in terms of the actual panel itself…

Fyi just to give ya a heads up don’t purchase a new television yet until late 2018 because all current television sets are bandwidth limited due to the fact that the current hdmi standard is HDMI 2.0, and this is why when gaming at 4k Hdr 10bit you’re only able to use ycc 4:2:0 or ycc 4:2:2 as a result of the limitation in bandwidth of the HDMI 2.0…

Future 2018 television sets are implementing the newer HDMI 2.1 standard which will eliminate the bandwidth limitations in order to get true 10 bit 4k Hdr at 4:4:4 which is the full spectrum of color, and lighting …

Wait until the newer HDMI 2.1 standard television sets get released before you waste your money on outdated tech as the newer HDMI 2.1 television sets are supposed to launch 3rd quarter 2018…