Xbox One Updates

When every time there is an new update for Halo Wars 2, it is always download a 32.34gb patch.

same here why is this

My download gets stuck after 9.39 gb. I’ve uninstalled 5 times now and the install stops at exactly the same position. Error message is “installation stopped”, details has error code 0x80070570. I’ve done multiple hard resets.
Not sure what else I can do.

I’m having the same problem I’m stuck at 31% and I’ve done the same thing over and over again and yet it doesn’t want to finish I even have A LOT of space for it to work like WTF I have the space what more do you want?!

It’s not an issue with the game itself, it’s an issue with how the Xbox One OS handles game updates - this happens to other games as well. I believe there are some potential fixes either out for or in the progress of being sent out to those in the Preview program (likely Alpha ring). I think ske7ch posted some details on how to avoid your console doing this, so i would check back through his recent posts for details

> 2533274838231134;4:
> I’m having the same problem I’m stuck at 31% and I’ve done the same thing over and over again and yet it doesn’t want to finish I even have A LOT of space for it to work like WTF I have the space what more do you want?!

Did you manage to install it?
If not, please check the symptoms I had in the post below. You may have the same issue.

> 2533274813317074;5:
> It’s not an issue with the game itself, it’s an issue with how the Xbox One OS handles game updates - this happens to other games as well. I believe there are some potential fixes either out for or in the progress of being sent out to those in the Preview program (likely Alpha ring). I think ske7ch posted some details on how to avoid your console doing this, so i would check back through his recent posts for details

I’ve resolved the problem by brute force, by doing a factory reset of the Xbox.
Note that the problem I had was that the download stopped at 13GB. Ske7ch posted about a different problem, of the download not starting.
I believe the installation file was corrupted, probably caused by an earlier update that I killed because it was not starting.
My reasoning behind this is:

• While installing the game, the “Manage game” screen showed the download as 13GB, which is obviously wrong (I guess 13GB was the initial size). - When I uninstalled the game, after reboot, it reappeared in my installed games list.I’ve tried a few other options including system cache reset (= reset mac address, NOT cable unplug) and reentering my profile, but that did not work.
    So far, every update of HW2 never started (pause did not work either) and I rebooted the Xbox, causing the full game install instead of an update.
    I am now thinking this possibly corrupted it the first time and all subsequent updates had problems because of it.
    Hopefully this helps somebody else as well…

> 2533274792362811;6:
> > 2533274838231134;4:
> > I’m having the same problem I’m stuck at 31% and I’ve done the same thing over and over again and yet it doesn’t want to finish I even have A LOT of space for it to work like WTF I have the space what more do you want?!
>
> Did you manage to install it?
> If not, please check the symptoms I had in the post below. You may have the same issue.

when you factory reset did you choose to keep your games and apps as well as your account?

> 2533274838231134;8:
> > 2533274792362811;6:
> > > 2533274838231134;4:
> > > I’m having the same problem I’m stuck at 31% and I’ve done the same thing over and over again and yet it doesn’t want to finish I even have A LOT of space for it to work like WTF I have the space what more do you want?!
> >
> > Did you manage to install it?
> > If not, please check the symptoms I had in the post below. You may have the same issue.
>
> when you factory reset did you choose to keep your games and apps as well as your account?

I did a factory reset, which removes everything. Then I logged in with my account.
All my games are available for download, and all progress and saved games (so far) are downloaded from the cloud when I start a game for the first time.
It’s a pain but it did work.
Hope this helps…

> 2533274792362811;9:
> > 2533274838231134;8:
> > > 2533274792362811;6:
> > > > 2533274838231134;4:
> > > > I’m having the same problem I’m stuck at 31% and I’ve done the same thing over and over again and yet it doesn’t want to finish I even have A LOT of space for it to work like WTF I have the space what more do you want?!
> > >
> > > Did you manage to install it?
> > > If not, please check the symptoms I had in the post below. You may have the same issue.
> >
> > when you factory reset did you choose to keep your games and apps as well as your account?
>
> I did a factory reset, which removes everything. Then I logged in with my account.
> All my games are available for download, and all progress and saved games (so far) are downloaded from the cloud when I start a game for the first time.
> It’s a pain but it did work.
> Hope this helps…

it worked thanks :slight_smile:

> 2533274792362811;7:
> > 2533274813317074;5:
> > It’s not an issue with the game itself, it’s an issue with how the Xbox One OS handles game updates - this happens to other games as well. I believe there are some potential fixes either out for or in the progress of being sent out to those in the Preview program (likely Alpha ring). I think ske7ch posted some details on how to avoid your console doing this, so i would check back through his recent posts for details
>
> I’ve resolved the problem by brute force, by doing a factory reset of the Xbox.
> Note that the problem I had was that the download stopped at 13GB. Ske7ch posted about a different problem, of the download not starting.
> I believe the installation file was corrupted, probably caused by an earlier update that I killed because it was not starting.
> My reasoning behind this is:
> - While installing the game, the “Manage game” screen showed the download as 13GB, which is obviously wrong (I guess 13GB was the initial size). - When I uninstalled the game, after reboot, it reappeared in my installed games list.I’ve tried a few other options including system cache reset (= reset mac address, NOT cable unplug) and reentering my profile, but that did not work.
> So far, every update of HW2 never started (pause did not work either) and I rebooted the Xbox, causing the full game install instead of an update.
> I am now thinking this possibly corrupted it the first time and all subsequent updates had problems because of it.
> Hopefully this helps somebody else as well…

Factory reset as in to delete everything on the Xbox?

Hope that doesn’t happen to me.

> 2533274821521504;11:
> > 2533274792362811;7:
> > > 2533274813317074;5:
> > > It’s not an issue with the game itself, it’s an issue with how the Xbox One OS handles game updates - this happens to other games as well. I believe there are some potential fixes either out for or in the progress of being sent out to those in the Preview program (likely Alpha ring). I think ske7ch posted some details on how to avoid your console doing this, so i would check back through his recent posts for details
> >
> > I’ve resolved the problem by brute force, by doing a factory reset of the Xbox.
> > Note that the problem I had was that the download stopped at 13GB. Ske7ch posted about a different problem, of the download not starting.
> > I believe the installation file was corrupted, probably caused by an earlier update that I killed because it was not starting.
> > My reasoning behind this is:
> > - While installing the game, the “Manage game” screen showed the download as 13GB, which is obviously wrong (I guess 13GB was the initial size). - When I uninstalled the game, after reboot, it reappeared in my installed games list.I’ve tried a few other options including system cache reset (= reset mac address, NOT cable unplug) and reentering my profile, but that did not work.
> > So far, every update of HW2 never started (pause did not work either) and I rebooted the Xbox, causing the full game install instead of an update.
> > I am now thinking this possibly corrupted it the first time and all subsequent updates had problems because of it.
> > Hopefully this helps somebody else as well…
>
> Factory reset as in to delete everything on the Xbox?
>
> Hope that doesn’t happen to me.

It was the only thing that worked and according to the person who informed me of this solution, he/she had the same problem with a pervious patch and only a factory reset fixed it but at the expense of having to redownload all your games and apps.

You will have to do this if it says that the file is corrupted or no matter how many times your hard restart your console it gets stuck at 22 percent downloaded.

> 2533274894985914;12:
> > 2533274821521504;11:
> > > 2533274792362811;7:
> > > > 2533274813317074;5:
> > > > It’s not an issue with the game itself, it’s an issue with how the Xbox One OS handles game updates - this happens to other games as well. I believe there are some potential fixes either out for or in the progress of being sent out to those in the Preview program (likely Alpha ring). I think ske7ch posted some details on how to avoid your console doing this, so i would check back through his recent posts for details
> > >
> > > I’ve resolved the problem by brute force, by doing a factory reset of the Xbox.
> > > Note that the problem I had was that the download stopped at 13GB. Ske7ch posted about a different problem, of the download not starting.
> > > I believe the installation file was corrupted, probably caused by an earlier update that I killed because it was not starting.
> > > My reasoning behind this is:
> > > - While installing the game, the “Manage game” screen showed the download as 13GB, which is obviously wrong (I guess 13GB was the initial size). - When I uninstalled the game, after reboot, it reappeared in my installed games list.I’ve tried a few other options including system cache reset (= reset mac address, NOT cable unplug) and reentering my profile, but that did not work.
> > > So far, every update of HW2 never started (pause did not work either) and I rebooted the Xbox, causing the full game install instead of an update.
> > > I am now thinking this possibly corrupted it the first time and all subsequent updates had problems because of it.
> > > Hopefully this helps somebody else as well…
> >
> > Factory reset as in to delete everything on the Xbox?
> >
> > Hope that doesn’t happen to me.
>
> It was the only thing that worked and according to the person who informed me of this solution, he/she had the same problem with a pervious patch and only a factory reset fixed it but at the expense of having to redownload all your games and apps.
>
> You will have to do this if it says that the file is corrupted or no matter how many times your hard restart your console it gets stuck at 22 percent downloaded.

So far it hasn’t been stuck at that point or around it, because it literally didn’t pass past 0 lol, this happens everytime, so I’ll see how it goes.

> 2533274821521504;13:
> > 2533274894985914;12:
> > > 2533274821521504;11:
> > > > 2533274792362811;7:
> > > > > 2533274813317074;5:
> > > > > It’s not an issue with the game itself, it’s an issue with how the Xbox One OS handles game updates - this happens to other games as well. I believe there are some potential fixes either out for or in the progress of being sent out to those in the Preview program (likely Alpha ring). I think ske7ch posted some details on how to avoid your console doing this, so i would check back through his recent posts for details
> > > >
> > > > I’ve resolved the problem by brute force, by doing a factory reset of the Xbox.
> > > > Note that the problem I had was that the download stopped at 13GB. Ske7ch posted about a different problem, of the download not starting.
> > > > I believe the installation file was corrupted, probably caused by an earlier update that I killed because it was not starting.
> > > > My reasoning behind this is:
> > > > - While installing the game, the “Manage game” screen showed the download as 13GB, which is obviously wrong (I guess 13GB was the initial size). - When I uninstalled the game, after reboot, it reappeared in my installed games list.I’ve tried a few other options including system cache reset (= reset mac address, NOT cable unplug) and reentering my profile, but that did not work.
> > > > So far, every update of HW2 never started (pause did not work either) and I rebooted the Xbox, causing the full game install instead of an update.
> > > > I am now thinking this possibly corrupted it the first time and all subsequent updates had problems because of it.
> > > > Hopefully this helps somebody else as well…
> > >
> > > Factory reset as in to delete everything on the Xbox?
> > >
> > > Hope that doesn’t happen to me.
> >
> > It was the only thing that worked and according to the person who informed me of this solution, he/she had the same problem with a pervious patch and only a factory reset fixed it but at the expense of having to redownload all your games and apps.
> >
> > You will have to do this if it says that the file is corrupted or no matter how many times your hard restart your console it gets stuck at 22 percent downloaded.
>
> So far it hasn’t been stuck at that point or around it, because it literally didn’t pass past 0 lol, this happens everytime, so I’ll see how it goes.

It sucks either way, I was real excited about the flood returning and all the other stuff coming with this and 343 screwed this one up pretty bad. After MCC, lack of content on Halo 5 etc. and now this its getting really hard to believe that they are a Triple A company.

In addition Halo Wars 2 was been real buggy from the beginning when it comes to downloading patches and updates its ridiculous. Regardless, I hope it works out for you without having to do a factory.

> 2533274894985914;14:
> It sucks either way, I was real excited about the flood returning and all the other stuff coming with this and 343 screwed this one up pretty bad. After MCC, lack of content on Halo 5 etc. and now this its getting really hard to believe that they are a Triple A company.
>
> In addition Halo Wars 2 was been real buggy from the beginning when it comes to downloading patches and updates its ridiculous. Regardless, I hope it works out for you without having to do a factory.

This isn’t isn’t anything to do with 343, as I noted above it’s an issue with how the X1 OS handles game updates. It can and does happen with other games

> 2533274821521504;11:
> > 2533274792362811;7:
> > > 2533274813317074;5:
> > > It’s not an issue with the game itself, it’s an issue with how the Xbox One OS handles game updates - this happens to other games as well. I believe there are some potential fixes either out for or in the progress of being sent out to those in the Preview program (likely Alpha ring). I think ske7ch posted some details on how to avoid your console doing this, so i would check back through his recent posts for details
> >
> > I’ve resolved the problem by brute force, by doing a factory reset of the Xbox.
> > Note that the problem I had was that the download stopped at 13GB. Ske7ch posted about a different problem, of the download not starting.
> > I believe the installation file was corrupted, probably caused by an earlier update that I killed because it was not starting.
> > My reasoning behind this is:
> > - While installing the game, the “Manage game” screen showed the download as 13GB, which is obviously wrong (I guess 13GB was the initial size). - When I uninstalled the game, after reboot, it reappeared in my installed games list.I’ve tried a few other options including system cache reset (= reset mac address, NOT cable unplug) and reentering my profile, but that did not work.
> > So far, every update of HW2 never started (pause did not work either) and I rebooted the Xbox, causing the full game install instead of an update.
> > I am now thinking this possibly corrupted it the first time and all subsequent updates had problems because of it.
> > Hopefully this helps somebody else as well…
>
> Factory reset as in to delete everything on the Xbox?
>
> Hope that doesn’t happen to me.

Sorry to tell you but yes, delete everything.
The good news is you shouldn’t lose anything (besides time) since saves and settings are saved in the cloud.

> 2533274813317074;15:
> > 2533274894985914;14:
> > It sucks either way, I was real excited about the flood returning and all the other stuff coming with this and 343 screwed this one up pretty bad. After MCC, lack of content on Halo 5 etc. and now this its getting really hard to believe that they are a Triple A company.
> >
> > In addition Halo Wars 2 was been real buggy from the beginning when it comes to downloading patches and updates its ridiculous. Regardless, I hope it works out for you without having to do a factory.
>
> This isn’t isn’t anything to do with 343, as I noted above it’s an issue with how the X1 OS handles game updates. It can and does happen with other games

That may be so but still it is a sign that so many people experience it with this game, as well as other issues.
I have had lots of problems with HW2. Currently I cannot play colony anymore even though I bought the ultimate edition. There are a few posts about this problem, and people that contacted Microsoft were told the problem lies with 343, and 343 says the problem is the Microsoft store.
This doesn’t make people very confident in either statement.

> 2533274813317074;5:
> It’s not an issue with the game itself, it’s an issue with how the Xbox One OS handles game updates - this happens to other games as well. I believe there are some potential fixes either out for or in the progress of being sent out to those in the Preview program (likely Alpha ring). I think ske7ch posted some details on how to avoid your console doing this, so i would check back through his recent posts for details

I have to disagree. I have over 200 games on my X1, yet Halo Wars 2 is the only game that seems to do this after every new update…no matter what I do. As for the Alpha ring…I can confirm that there is no fix for this at the moment since it still occurs. Ske7ch’s solutions generally don’t work, I know nobody who has been able to avoid the problem. I’m pretty sure this is just the way Halo Wars 2 has been handled.

> 2533274829873463;18:
> I have to disagree. I have over 200 games on my X1, yet Halo Wars 2 is the only game that seems to do this after every new update…no matter what I do. As for the Alpha ring…I can confirm that there is no fix for this at the moment since it still occurs. Ske7ch’s solutions generally don’t work, I know nobody who has been able to avoid the problem. I’m pretty this is just the way Halo Wars 2 has been handled.

Just because it hasn’t happened to you doesn’t mean it hasn’t happened to other people. I’ve had 3 games, including Halo, do this to me in in the past as have quite a few members of Waypoint. It’s really not an issue that’s limited to Halo Wars 2

> 2533274813317074;19:
> > 2533274829873463;18:
> > I have to disagree. I have over 200 games on my X1, yet Halo Wars 2 is the only game that seems to do this after every new update…no matter what I do. As for the Alpha ring…I can confirm that there is no fix for this at the moment since it still occurs. Ske7ch’s solutions generally don’t work, I know nobody who has been able to avoid the problem. I’m pretty this is just the way Halo Wars 2 has been handled.
>
> Just because it hasn’t happened to you doesn’t mean it hasn’t happened to other people. I’ve had 3 games, including Halo, do this to me in in the past as have quite a few members of Waypoint. It’s really not an issue that’s limited to Halo Wars 2

Never said it doesn’t happen to other games…only that it happens more to Hw2, every time while many others barely have this issue, is frequently mentioned by many of the community. I’m sure it might happen to games with some updates but this happens to Hw2 every single time, I find it odd that 343i haven’t fixed it by now. I dredd to think if it happened to a bigger game since it would be a pain to have to redownload nearly 100gig on games like H5 just to find out the updates tends to break things, the file size will even bigger when the Xbox One X comes out.