Xbox one S - xbox one X

which is better and because the xbox one s or the xbox one x

> 2533274943558842;1:
> which is better and because the xbox one s or the xbox one x

The one x is the better console. The Xbox one s is essentially just a Xbox one only smaller. The X has gaming in 4k provided you have a 4k tv/monitor.

I have the X1X.
I think jaggyless graphics of X1X is good for long range aiming.

> 2533274943558842;1:
> which is better and because the xbox one s or the xbox one x

Xbox One X obviously.

The xbox one s is just a normal xbox one that’s smaller. Xbox One X has full on powerful hardware, can play games far better, high-ultra settings pretty much all the time and so on. Get the Xbox one X if you want a far smoother experience playing video games without much problem.

The 1X is more powerful. Better graphics, frame rate, resolution. Other than specs and the look of it, everything else is the same.

The X is a higher quality Console.
The S is a great product for it’s price.

Though I think it’s unfair to compare them.
They are completely different from one another, both in hardware and software.

The X is superior but I’d fail to see a reason to get it unless you get a 4k tv. While technically superior to anything else minus pc, it’s not a huge improvement over the other consoles. Is it worth spending 500-1,200+ for a new console with some upgrades or would you rather get the S, the cheaper hardware that simply does the job In a satisfactory manner? I’d only get the X if you’ve money to blow, if not there’s no reason to get it when everything else still does more than enough and they’re cheaper.

the 4k gaming still needs work and ultimately is up to next gen as the X and PS4 pro aren’t able to consistently hold it, they’ll hit it at least. After that, they do load things faster than their original counter parts and it gives devs more freedom to push more things into their games.

The One X is a better console but also a luxury. Ultimately it is pointless without a 4K screen despite some graphical improvements over the Standard One S.
Basically, get a One S if you have a standard 1080p and need it cheap.
Get a One X if you have expendable money and a 4K screen.

> 2533274887581216;4:
> > 2533274943558842;1:
> > which is better and because the xbox one s or the xbox one x
>
> Xbox One X obviously.
>
> The xbox one s is just a normal xbox one that’s smaller.

False. The S is an upgrade from the original Xbox One.

The S model is what Microsoft expects the average gamer to use. The X is the “premium” console but the S isn’t exactly bad either.

> 2533274796457055;9:
> > 2533274887581216;4:
> > > 2533274943558842;1:
> > > which is better and because the xbox one s or the xbox one x
> >
> > Xbox One X obviously.
> >
> > The xbox one s is just a normal xbox one that’s smaller.
>
> False. The S is an upgrade from the original Xbox One.
>
> The S model is what Microsoft expects the average gamer to use. The X is the “premium” console but the S isn’t exactly bad either.

False.
These are the only things the Xbox One S has over the normal Xbox One:
HDMI 2.0
HDR support
Support for AC Wi-Fi connections
Bluetooth 4.0
and it has a slightly higher clocked GPU then the normal Xbox One
Xbox One GPU: Integrated AMD graphics clocked at 853MHz
Xbox One S GPU: Integrated AMD graphics clocked at 914MHz
4K/HDR Blu-ray drive (Normal Xbox One doesn’t have a 4k drive at all)

Other then this…The differences end there. CPU’s are clocked at the exact same speeds, GPU’s aren’t. Likely because you can technically upscale all your games on the Xbox One S to 4k, which explains the higher clocked GPU.

> 2533274887581216;10:
> False.
> These are the only things the Xbox One S has over the normal Xbox One:
> HDMI 2.0
> HDR support
> Support for AC Wi-Fi connections
> Bluetooth 4.0
> and it has a slightly higher clocked GPU then the normal Xbox One
> Xbox One GPU: Integrated AMD graphics clocked at 853MHz
> Xbox One S GPU: Integrated AMD graphics clocked at 914MHz
> 4K/HDR Blu-ray drive (Normal Xbox One doesn’t have a 4k drive at all)
>
> Other then this…The differences end there. CPU’s are clocked at the exact same speeds, GPU’s aren’t. Likely because you can technically upscale all your games on the Xbox One S to 4k, which explains the higher clocked GPU.

So, it’s an upgrade then. The S has features that the original Xbox doesn’t have, as well as a slightly higher clocked GPU (you said it yourself). Even if everything else is the same, those things alone make the S an upgrade. It’s not just a smaller Xbox. It’s smaller with increased functionality.

> 2533274887581216;10:
> > 2533274796457055;9:
> > > 2533274887581216;4:
> > > > 2533274943558842;1:
> > > > which is better and because the xbox one s or the xbox one x
> > >
> > > Xbox One X obviously.
> > >
> > > The xbox one s is just a normal xbox one that’s smaller.
> >
> > False. The S is an upgrade from the original Xbox One.
> >
> > The S model is what Microsoft expects the average gamer to use. The X is the “premium” console but the S isn’t exactly bad either.
>
> False.
> These are the only things the Xbox One S has over the normal Xbox One:
> HDMI 2.0
> HDR support
> Support for AC Wi-Fi connections
> Bluetooth 4.0
> and it has a slightly higher clocked GPU then the normal Xbox One
> Xbox One GPU: Integrated AMD graphics clocked at 853MHz
> Xbox One S GPU: Integrated AMD graphics clocked at 914MHz
> 4K/HDR Blu-ray drive (Normal Xbox One doesn’t have a 4k drive at all)
>
> Other then this…The differences end there. CPU’s are clocked at the exact same speeds, GPU’s aren’t. Likely because you can technically upscale all your games on the Xbox One S to 4k, which explains the higher clocked GPU.

You don’t get to say “False, they’re the same” when, as I said, the S is an upgraded model of the original.

Just because I didn’t outline the specific things that are upgrades doesn’t mean that it isn’t an upgraded model.

So once again, your original statement of,

> The Xbox One S is just a normal Xbox One that’s smaller.

is literally false.

> 2533274887581216;10:
> False.
> These are the only things the Xbox One S has over the normal Xbox One:
> HDMI 2.0
> HDR support
> Support for AC Wi-Fi connections
> Bluetooth 4.0
> and it has a slightly higher clocked GPU then the normal Xbox One
> Xbox One GPU: Integrated AMD graphics clocked at 853MHz
> Xbox One S GPU: Integrated AMD graphics clocked at 914MHz
> 4K/HDR Blu-ray drive (Normal Xbox One doesn’t have a 4k drive at all)

I hope you’re not a lawyer, lol. All you did was help prove her point that she was correct.

> 2533274817408735;25:
> So, it’s an upgrade then. The S has features that the original Xbox doesn’t have, as well as a slightly higher clocked GPU (you said it yourself). Even if everything else is the same, those things alone make the S an upgrade. It’s not just a smaller Xbox. It’s smaller with increased functionality.

Having extra “features” doesn’t always mean it’s a upgrade, in some cases it can mean the opposite. Saying this is a “upgrade” is like saying the PS3 is a upgrade from the PS2 due to backwards compatibility, even though it’s very much the same exact experience with little to no improvements in the over-all gameplay at all.

The Xbox One S is an upgrade in the sense you can play movies in 4k and upscale games in 4k, but over-all it’s the exact same console, just smaller with a few extra “features”. I don’t understand your point of view here at all.
An upgrade would also mean an upgrade to the hardware over-all, being able to play games at smoother frame rates, higher native resolutions, and so on. Just because the graphics chip is slightly OC’d doesn’t call it a upgrade at all, otherwise my Samsung S6 is a “upgrade” over your iPhone X just because of the way the phone looks.

> 2533274796457055;4:
> You don’t get to say “False, they’re the same” when, as I said, the S is an upgraded model of the original.
>
> Just because I didn’t outline the specific things that are upgrades doesn’t mean that it isn’t an upgraded model.

Read what I said above this, I’m sure that should explain it a lot better then what I stated already.
Is a over-clocked Ryzen 2700x called an upgrade over the default clocks of a Ryzen 2700x? Or is it just called a over-clocked processor with no real differences to it besides slightly better performance.

Then again, this could just be different opinions on what a “upgrade is” honestly.

> 2533274887581216;14:
> Then again, this could just be different opinions on what a “upgrade is” honestly.

You called it a “normal xbox one that’s smaller” in your original post. Whether you want to get hung up on the semantics of what an upgrade is or not, the fact is it’s not the same Xbox as the original, but you implied it was by calling it normal. In the grand scheme of things though, I don’t think any of the better features that the S offers over the original will make a much of a difference if at all in the One S or One X debate.

> 2533274887581216;14:
> > 2533274817408735;25:
> > Your “sources” are just wiki pages on the character that both say he died. And the videos you linked are just opinion pieces with only conjecture and no supporting evidence.
>
> Having extra “features” doesn’t always mean it’s a upgrade, in some cases it can mean the opposite. Saying this is a “upgrade” is like saying the PS3 is a upgrade from the PS2 due to backwards compatibility, even though it’s very much the same exact experience with little to no improvements in the over-all gameplay at all.
>
> The Xbox One S is an upgrade in the sense you can play movies in 4k and upscale games in 4k, but over-all it’s the exact same console, just smaller with a few extra “features”. I don’t understand your point of view here at all.
> An upgrade would also mean an upgrade to the hardware over-all, being able to play games at smoother frame rates, higher native resolutions, and so on. Just because the graphics chip is slightly OC’d doesn’t call it a upgrade at all, otherwise my Samsung S6 is a “upgrade” over your iPhone X just because of the way the phone looks.

The S has increased functionality over the original Xbox One. That by definition is an upgrade; it is upgraded by adding additional components. There are such things as small upgrades. Not every upgrade has to be a complete overhaul like a new console generation. Even something as small as increased memory storage constitutes an upgrade. The Xbox 360 Elite was an upgraded version of the Xbox 360; the PS3 Slim was an upgraded PS3. These were all similar to the differences between the One and the One S: additional components that made the unit more functional compared to its predecessor. Can the S do things the original One can’t? If yes, then it’s upgraded. Doesn’t matter if those things are minor.

Also, why did you quote my post from an entirely different thread?

If you have a 4K TV and have the budget, then go for an Xbox One X.

If not then go with the One S, it is a great console for the price in my opinion.

Original XboxOne can’t play UHD Blu-ray disk.
XboxOneS can that.

> 2533274817408735;16:
> > 2533274887581216;14:
> > > 2533274817408735;25:
> > > So, it’s an upgrade then. The S has features that the original Xbox doesn’t have, as well as a slightly higher clocked GPU (you said it yourself). Even if everything else is the same, those things alone make the S an upgrade. It’s not just a smaller Xbox. It’s smaller with increased functionality.
> >
> > Having extra “features” doesn’t always mean it’s a upgrade, in some cases it can mean the opposite. Saying this is a “upgrade” is like saying the PS3 is a upgrade from the PS2 due to backwards compatibility, even though it’s very much the same exact experience with little to no improvements in the over-all gameplay at all.
> >
> > The Xbox One S is an upgrade in the sense you can play movies in 4k and upscale games in 4k, but over-all it’s the exact same console, just smaller with a few extra “features”. I don’t understand your point of view here at all.
> > An upgrade would also mean an upgrade to the hardware over-all, being able to play games at smoother frame rates, higher native resolutions, and so on. Just because the graphics chip is slightly OC’d doesn’t call it a upgrade at all, otherwise my Samsung S6 is a “upgrade” over your iPhone X just because of the way the phone looks.
>
> The S has increased functionality over the original Xbox One. That by definition is an upgrade; it is upgraded by adding additional components. There are such things as small upgrades. Not every upgrade has to be a complete overhaul like a new console generation. Even something as small as increased memory storage constitutes an upgrade. The Xbox 360 Elite was an upgraded version of the Xbox 360; the PS3 Slim was an upgraded PS3. These were all similar to the differences between the One and the One S: additional components that made the unit more functional compared to its predecessor. Can the S do things the original One can’t? If yes, then it’s upgraded. Doesn’t matter if those things are minor.
>
> Also, why did you quote my post from an entirely different thread?

Weird, I 100% thought I copied and pasted the text you said here so the other quote wouldn’t pop up, then again I was extremely tired so Idk (I actually don’t know how to quote people separately without including the longer replies in them, because trying to fix them just erases the quote entirely). Just fixed it in case your wondering.

So just because the S has extra features the normal Xbox One doesn’t have, that somehow calls it an upgrade…? What? By this logic, Android is an upgrade over iOS just because the Android operating system is much more flexible. Or that Linux is an upgrade over Windows just because Linux also has more flexibility, abit sacrificing the ease of use. Explain to me how the Xbox One S is an upgrade over the Xbox One at all just because of “extra features” because that doesn’t make sense at all. Otherwise, I guess my watch is an upgrade over your watch just because it has “extra features” like having diamonds in it and being made out of Gold, along with being digital instead of analog, but your watch is only made of aluminum and uses analog still. Sure, they look different, but functionality wise their is practically no difference besides analog vs digital (in fact a lot of people call analog an upgrade over digital for various reasons)

Just because something has aka “extra features” doesn’t call it an upgrade at all in my eyes. An upgrade would be a complete over-haul of the hardware it-self while pertaining to do the same thing but is capable of doing it a whole lot better, in other words the Xbox One X.

> 2533274802695090;17:
> If you have a 4K TV and have the budget, then go for an Xbox One X.
>
> If not then go with the One S, it is a great console for the price in my opinion.

That’s not the only reason though. Xbox One X can also play games much more smoothly with far less frame drops, and have high-ultra quality textures so games will always look better on the Xbox One X over the Xbox One S 100% of the time, with or without a 4k TV.

> 2533274887581216;19:
> By this logic, Android is an upgrade over iOS just because the Android operating system is much more flexible. Or that Linux is an upgrade over Windows just because Linux also has more flexibility, abit sacrificing the ease of use.

This is an absolutely terrible analogy. That’s like trying to compare the Xbox One to a Nintendo Switch. Try again.

> Explain to me how the Xbox One S is an upgrade over the Xbox One at all just because of “extra features” because that doesn’t make sense at all.

This has been explained several times but you are choosing to blithely ignore the facts to suit your weird narrative that the S is somehow equivalent to the original Xbox One. The spec sheets prove the upgrade, you denying it doesn’t change that the console is an upgraded version. Slight upgrade, sure, but upgrade nonetheless. If you don’t want to accept that after all the proof that’s provided, that’s on you.