Xbox One Pricing

Sure the new Xbox One might cost a hand full, (currently priced at 500$) but the price of the Xbox 360 when it was first released during 2005 was 400 bucks in the U.S. This is only a 100 dollar difference, and the Xbox One is a NEW GEN console and has more features. It might look like a VCR/Cable box, but you cant judge a book by it’s cover. Looks are not supposed to be everything, i’m pretty sure your friends are not going to be staring at the actual console but at the screen. Technology will evolve and become even better and new technology isn’t cheap. There will be some people who will buy smartphones only because of the new features it has and not how it looks.

I find it ironic that alot of people are willing to pay for a new smartphone like iPhone 5 when they have an iPhone 4 or a Samsung Galaxy S4 even though they have an S3. And for what? Because it is newer technology, more features and that is basically it. In fact, the iPhone and Galaxies are not even used to call someone half of the time. Alot of people use smartphones to browse the web, play games, socializing using social media, basically another source of entertainment. But yet people are still willing to get the iPhone 6-X or the Galaxy S5-X.Yeah the Xbox One costs 500 bucks but there will be some people who will buy it for the games, because it is new, or whatever the case may be. iPhone’s, Galaxies and CoD might come out every year, but a new Generation doesn’t.

And for those who dont like the new Xbox One, there is a reason why there is no backwards compatability, it’s expensive, NEW, etc. For people who rather stay with the Xbox 360, you can only stay with the Xbox 360 for so long. A new generation console is supposed to promote change, advancement. How did they do it? They used Halo. Since Halo has become so popular, people are willing to buy a new console for it. For example, people didn’t want to buy Xbox 360 because it was too expensive, but if they didn’t have the 360, they wouldnt have Halo 3. And yet Halo 3 has become one of the most, if not the most best selling Halo game to date. Eventually you have to move on, you cannot live your life in the past. Eventually Xbox 360 will become old, and people will move on to the Xbox One and the lack of backwards compatibility is here to enforce that change. That transition is important and it has to happen at one point.

Was Halo 3 released on the original Xbox? Did people want to move on to Xbox 360 and leave Halo 2 for Halo 3? No but they eventually accepted that change and the time for change is now.

MY EYES

TL;DR
Also, some paragraphs would be nice please.

Ouch. One giant paragraph AND blue font? D:

Anyways, while you have the basic numbers correct, don’t forget to adjust the 360 release price for inflation which brings it much closer to the $500 release price of the X1.

i was expecting it to be $500.

originally when i discussed it with a friend i said $400, same prices as x360. he reminded me it came with kinect, so i realized it would have to be about $100 more.

im just hoping the halo 5 limited edition xbox one is $500. and instead of all the goofy graphics/controllers it comes with the limited edition of the game. i actually like the way the xbox one looks. it looks like a very high end av receiver. i dont know why people call it a vcr. ive never seen a vcr without a multitude of buttons and slots on the front. i guess because it is a rectangle? although all the best home entertainment devices are rectangular.

Whops sorry about that big paragraph. I dont write a lot of posts often but when I do, it tends to be a lot

Well im willing to pay 500$ i have ALOT of money saved up. My only concerns are that is can play past games like the Xbox 360. 360 could play halo 1 and 2 ( and all other Xbox Games) i just hope that the ONE can play 360 games. Im also hoping it is compatible with the 360 controllers (because i have every single Limited Halo Xbox controller.

The Xbox One will NOT allow xbox 360 games to be played mainly because Microsoft is trying to promote evolution and new generation gaming. Having backwards compatability does not promote this and it’s a reason why most people will buy the Ps4

To prevent damaging the eyes of your fellow forum Spartans and ODSTs, should probably edit your post and insert a few well placed enter button taps. :wink:

I expected it to be expensive, but being over $450 kinda threw me off…but it’s not too much over $450, it’s not so bad considering how much more power it will have than a 360.

I’ll get one eventually, funds pending. :stuck_out_tongue:

I plan on buying a new 360 when the price drops. The xbox 1 will be out a full year before I even think about getting one. $500 bucks and not backward compatible? No way.

I wouldnt be surprised if Microsoft did change the Xbox One to be more user-friendly /cheaper/make it better than the PS4. I think this is a chance for Microsoft to jump over Sony again

It’s only $599 here in AUS which is cheaper than the X360 when it came out, so i’m really surprised.

It’s kinda odd how the people in the U.S complain about the price for the Xbox One but the other countries are even more costly.

> I wouldnt be surprised if Microsoft did change the Xbox One to be more user-friendly /cheaper/make it better than the PS4. I think this is a chance for Microsoft to jump over Sony again

I’d be stunned if they did. At least, if they did that during the first year of its life cycle. Doing so would be a public admission of ‘weakness’. Once you submit to the mob, watch out. Look at Bioware and ME 3.

Don’t look for something like this until late 2014/E3 2015 realistically. Though by that time, it’ll probably be too late sadly.

Tell me about it Flames. Go to Australia or the UK and take their prices in their local currencies. Then convert those into USD.

It’s insane.

>

Tell me about it Flames. Go to Australia or the UK and take their prices in their local currencies. Then convert those into USD.

It’s insane.

>

At least the Xbox One is supposed to be an all in 1 entertainment console. :\