Xbox one original

So infinite is going to run for 10 years and at launch it will run on all the Xbox one systems. Does that mean my Xbox one original is good for another 10 years or are some features going to eventually not be available for older systems forcing users to upgrade?

I think bungie’s destiny was on both Xbox 360 and Xbox one and then eventually it’s newer content was only for Xbox one. That’s when I knew they were pulling the plug for the Xbox 360. Finish the fight!

Well maybe in the first couple of years the Xbox One is safe. But since 343 will also continue to update the Slipspace engine I think
in my opinion you should get the Series X (when available) for the ultimate Infinite experience.

Well, IMO, 343i will support the Xbox One for maybe 2-3 years (I’m bad at estimating things) but go full PC and Series X after because of Xbox One limitation.
And it also let a good amount of time for the next-gen console to have better stock and a lot of players to buy it (maybe).

But if my estimation is wrong, and I’m sure it is because I’m bad at it and I’m not all knowing (that’s a bummer), I’m pretty sure that the Xbox One won’t be supported for the next 10 years like the PC and the Series X will be.

Yeah it got me thinking of eventually upgrading my xbox or getting a PC for gaming. I’m not a PC gamer so I wonder which system has a longer life for gaming, Xbox or a PC? I would pick the longest life depending on the cost.

I’ve always been a console player but then the consoles turned into computers… I’m glad infinite can be played on PC and Xbox, now I have options.

It has to eventually be abandoned. The XO already struggles as it is and I doubt 343 wants to be limited by such a system when the Series X becomes widely available in the coming years. It will be ok for the start of Infinite’s lifespan, though.

I wouldn’t bet on it not getting abandoned at some point. Safe bet is to assume that at some point over the next half decade everything will be shifted to next generation and you would be wise to get the series X if you can afford it and want to join the bandwagon.

Who knows though, maybe this generation will be different and MS blows away all expectations staying true to a 10 year plan without leaving anyone behind. It would be herculean if so, so again I really wouldn’t bet on it, but we’ll just have to wait and see to be certain tbh.

Trying to make decade long predictions with any sense of certainty can often be a fools errand.

A nice thing is that once you buy the game, you own it for everything. You’ll supposedly be able to play it on any console it’s available for. Somebody correct me if I’m wrong though.

At least if that is possible you have some time to either upgrade you Xbox or get a decent PC. But I have no idea what they plan to do with the Xbox One version, so for now we’ll just have to wait and see.

> 2533274828947499;1:
> I think bungie’s destiny was on both Xbox 360 and Xbox one and then eventually it’s newer content was only for Xbox one. That’s when I knew they were pulling the plug for the Xbox 360. Finish the fight!

I imagine that will happen with Halo Infinite and Xbox One too. At some point they will drop support for the old hardware.

> 2533274828947499;1:
> So infinite is going to run for 10 years and at launch it will run on all the Xbox one systems. Does that mean my Xbox one original is good for another 10 years or are some features going to eventually not be available for older systems forcing users to upgrade?
>
> I think bungie’s destiny was on both Xbox 360 and Xbox one and then eventually it’s newer content was only for Xbox one. That’s when I knew they were pulling the plug for the Xbox 360. Finish the fight!

I don’t think it’s ever been explicitly said that Infinite will be supported for 10 years. More so that Infinite is the beginning of the next 10 years of Halo.
A subtle difference but important to note.

With the game being CrossSave & Cross play you’ll be okay to start on a Xbox One & then carry your progress over to a PC, Series Console or even play on the Cloud through GamePass.

Xbox have said they plan to support older consoles for about 2-3 years being shifting more focus onto exclusively next gen consoles. So Xbox One will be supported but it’s really up to 343i’s discretion on how long they support older consoles with their game.

> 2533274865778947;9:
> I don’t think it’s ever been explicitly said that Infinite will be supported for 10 years. More so that Infinite is the beginning of the next 10 years of Halo.
> A subtle difference but important to note.

The reporting at the time was consistent with a 10 year service plan.

> 2535469695526194;9:
> Speaking to IGN, Halo Infinite studio head Chris Lee revealed that the upcoming game will likely be the franchise’s last standalone release for the near future. “Halo Infinite is the start of our platform for the future. We want Infinite to grow over time, versus going to those numbered titles and having all that segmentation that we had before,” he said.

A lot of outlets described the plan as “Destiny-styled” and I haven’t seen any response from 343 to contradict that.

I want a series X so badly at this point. I have struck out across the board.

I think HI will be fully supported on Xbox One for at least a year or two.

Yeah they’re definitely gonna pull the plug on og Xbox one in a couple years. It just makes sense since by then hopefully people can walk in a store and actually see the new consoles lol