Xbox One needs to be segregated from Series/PC

…or at least be more segregated from them. Suspect that cross-gen play and the Xbones’ weak CPUs might be why the player count is capped at 24 and might not be pushed beyond that.
You say you won’t do an official battle royale, but that players should go make it in Forge if they want it? Ok, then allow that custom mode or playlist to be exclusively Series and PC, so that it can support 50 or 64 or 100 players, without choking and slowing down to a crawl on the old hardware

Well, from what I remember, the maps in the Flight were cluttered with extraneous paraphernalia that only took up resources and impacted frame rates. There were lots of random “stuff” strewn about that did zero for aesthetics. I’d encourage reducing the clutter of crap. That would certainly help.

LOL, absolutely not.

The long term compatibility of the Xbox One with the game is questionable but I’m pretty sure they have no doubt all the current game options will run smooth enough.
I’m not a supporter of segregation past input device (read controller vs MKB). For one I wouldn’t be able to play with friends and secondly that would separate the player base even more and impact the quality of matchmaking etc.

> 2535422212492174;4:
> The long term compatibility of the Xbox One with the game is questionable but I’m pretty sure they have no doubt all the current game options will run smooth enough.
> I’m not a supporter of segregation past input device (read controller vs MKB). For one I wouldn’t be able to play with friends and secondly that would separate the player base even more and impact the quality of matchmaking etc.

When I heard Infinite would support xbox one, I had doubts about 10 years of infinite. They might do what other games have done after a couple of years and say something along the lines of “year 3 content for infinite will not be available for xbox one.”

> 2533274819029930;1:
> …or at least be more segregated from them. Suspect that cross-gen play and the Xbones’ weak CPUs might be why the player count is capped at 24 and might not be pushed beyond that.
> You say you won’t do an official battle royale, but that players should go make it in Forge if they want it? Ok, then allow that custom mode or playlist to be exclusively Series and PC, so that it can support 50 or 64 or 100 players, without choking and slowing down to a crawl on the old hardware

The Xbox One (respect) is on it’s last legs… but on the same token the Series S/X is still finding it’s feet. It takes developers at least two, if not three, generations of games to show what new consoles can really do. Until then the Xbox One is welcome to tag along for the ride.

And the cap of 24…

I just don’t understand why people want more just for the sake of it? More players equals bigger maps. Players get spread between areas of congestion - and it just gets harder to find a battle, let alone your mate so he/she can jump into the gunner’s seat.

I think 343 described it best when they were talking about BTB and creating a ‘beautiful slice of sci-fi chaos’.

12 v 12 sounds perfect.

I would ask for the xbox one to be completely unsupported once the new consoles becomes more readily available. Old tech is heavily limiting the physics and player count/enemy count. Just as important is FPS. Aim assist has to be set around a target. I expect that to be 60fps. 30fps will feel as if there isn’t enough assitance and 120fps will see too much.
Amittedly I’m not tech smart enough to know if they can just update the game with more accurate physics or what the new engine is capable of.

I suspect they will support the One for at least a few years but it has to be phased out eventually. For now I’ll just enjoy the large player base even if half of them are lagging around map.

Idea: New setting for low mesh quality on Xbox one
Its simple and can probably be easily added post launch also some people aren’t will to spend money on a new console when they already still have one that works.

> 2535422212492174;4:
> The long term compatibility of the Xbox One with the game is questionable but I’m pretty sure they have no doubt all the current game options will run smooth enough.
> I’m not a supporter of segregation past input device (read controller vs MKB). For one I wouldn’t be able to play with friends and secondly that would separate the player base even more and impact the quality of matchmaking etc.

I know what you mean, but when your 60 or 120+ fps capable machine is matchmaking with those poor 30fps Xbox Ones, so that you can crush those people, doesn’t that also kinda impact the “quality of matchmaking” in the other direction?

TBH, this shouldn’t be a topic for the devs now. It’s important that the modes that the devs intended to be in the game, are running good and smooth, a step up from 8vs8 to 12vs12 is really nice (altough we have to play it first and than make a conclusion) and Slayer, BTB, Ranked, FFA and CTF are core modes from Halo wich almost every Halo player looking forward to. Halo is Halo and dont need to be like other games like BF or PUBG (with a lot of players on the map).

I know you talking about forge and Custom Games but imho this game doesnt need to be an “egg laying woolmilk-pig” (sorry for the translation from german into english :D) i mean it don’t has to be such an allrounder with every game mod, every player count on the map, to make every single player with any sorts of desire happy. The game is not even finished yet and will not even launch with all modes. With that said, it’s so much work to put in the game, now, after the next flight, on launch and beyond launch and it’s way more important (not only for me but for almost every Halo Fan and the Franchise and devs itself) to launch the game in a good state and release the missing Content first.

Maybe it’s for some people a nice idea to play Halo with 50 or 64 player but this should not be a primary, secondary or even a tertiary focus for the devs imho. At least not in short-term and medium-term.

> 2585548714655118;6:
> > 2533274819029930;1:
> > …or at least be more segregated from them. Suspect that cross-gen play and the Xbones’ weak CPUs might be why the player count is capped at 24 and might not be pushed beyond that.
> > You say you won’t do an official battle royale, but that players should go make it in Forge if they want it? Ok, then allow that custom mode or playlist to be exclusively Series and PC, so that it can support 50 or 64 or 100 players, without choking and slowing down to a crawl on the old hardware
>
> The Xbox One (respect) is on it’s last legs… but on the same token the Series S/X is still finding it’s feet. It takes developers at least two, if not three, generations of games to show what new consoles can really do. Until then the Xbox One is welcome to tag along for the ride.
>
> And the cap of 24…
>
> I just don’t understand why people want more just for the sake of it? More players equals bigger maps. Players get spread between areas of congestion - and it just gets harder to find a battle, let alone your mate so he/she can jump into the gunner’s seat.
>
> I think 343 described it best when they were talking about BTB and creating a ‘beautiful slice of sci-fi chaos’.
>
> 12 v 12 sounds perfect.

Agreed.
The maps would have to be pretty massive if you want to have 50+ players on them. As well as what you said, bigger maps would require more work and time to make, meaning we would likely have less maps.

> 2585548714655118;6:
> > 2533274819029930;1:
> > …or at least be more segregated from them. Suspect that cross-gen play and the Xbones’ weak CPUs might be why the player count is capped at 24 and might not be pushed beyond that.
> > You say you won’t do an official battle royale, but that players should go make it in Forge if they want it? Ok, then allow that custom mode or playlist to be exclusively Series and PC, so that it can support 50 or 64 or 100 players, without choking and slowing down to a crawl on the old hardware
>
> The Xbox One (respect) is on it’s last legs… but on the same token the Series S/X is still finding it’s feet. It takes developers at least two, if not three, generations of games to show what new consoles can really do. Until then the Xbox One is welcome to tag along for the ride.
>
> And the cap of 24…
>
> I just don’t understand why people want more just for the sake of it? More players equals bigger maps. Players get spread between areas of congestion - and it just gets harder to find a battle, let alone your mate so he/she can jump into the gunner’s seat.
>
> I think 343 described it best when they were talking about BTB and creating a ‘beautiful slice of sci-fi chaos’.
>
> 12 v 12 sounds perfect.

12vs12 is good enough. The point about more players taxing systems resources is well taken. I wish 343 would allow a setting that has me only playing with series x owners… but no one can find one anywhere so that’s a bad idea anyway….

I agree with a lot of people that up and segregating the og XBOne right out of the gate is a no-go. Optimizing the game and allowing for as much crossplay as possible will be immensely helpful for player longevity.

However, I do share your concern that the old XBOne is certainly much less powerful than the latest hardware. I really hope that the old gen won’t hold back Infinite’s potential especially when it comes to something like Forge where players can setup their own pieces and levels (something that understandably takes more power as you put more into a level).

Look on the bright side. A little less than halfway into Halo Infinite’s run cycle, the Xbox Ones will all inevitably die to age, and they won’t need to be segregated anymore!

Why should people who can’t get a hold of a new console or afford one be pushed a side cause people basically want this and that I’d rather be playing with last gen than PC to be quite frank. 343 worked to make it work on old gen for a reason and that’s to make sure everyone can experience the franchise they love why exclude their fan base for the sake of the greedy and selfish cause thats pretty much what it comes down to being in the end.

> 2533274819029930;9:
> > 2535422212492174;4:
> > The long term compatibility of the Xbox One with the game is questionable but I’m pretty sure they have no doubt all the current game options will run smooth enough.
> > I’m not a supporter of segregation past input device (read controller vs MKB). For one I wouldn’t be able to play with friends and secondly that would separate the player base even more and impact the quality of matchmaking etc.
>
> I know what you mean, but when your 60 or 120+ fps capable machine is matchmaking with those poor 30fps Xbox Ones, so that you can crush those people, doesn’t that also kinda impact the “quality of matchmaking” in the other direction?

I have faith that the performance during the flight will not be representable for the final version but I understand your concern. Performance for halo 5 currently is actually a great example of the case you are stating; It really runs more smooth on the XSX but from an advantage standpoint it’s not really noticeable but just plays more comfortable to the eyes, so “crushing people” because of a FPS difference really isn’t the case.

Of course in high ranked every little bit of advantage matters but in that case it’s a personal choice to not use the best hardware (also taking into account ofc an elite controller)

The low res textures in XB1 preview looked ghastly.

I don’t believe the hardware is limiting player count caps if that’s what you’re implying, there’s plenty of games with 50+, 100+ caps that run on the original XB1. I believe the devs just haven’t felt the need to make it happen is all and I mean, there’s a lot of us who just don’t see the point in a battlefield sized halo game :woman_shrugging:. Besides upping player caps, what would make it actually stand out? What would make it fun? Cause to me there would be a lot of unnecessary traversing on large sections of empty maps, and when you do get into an engagement getting team shot by 5+ players at the same time doesn’t really sound fun to me one bit. I prefer them keeping it to a manageable level like btbs 8v8, I don’t like that it’s now going to 12v12 as is already. There just becomes a point where you can have to many players that it ruins the experience to me.

Anyone know how the game will run on the x1x?

> 2533274824545186;19:
> Anyone know how the game will run on the x1x?

If you mean the One X, the last tech preview ran like crap and looked like something released from a few years ago.

Get it on a beefy PC or the Series X.

In regards to this thread: Why should it be separated? Maybe next time do sperate matchmaking queues for each graphics card? I don’t wanna play vs 3080 with my 2080 and the other guy has a 1080 and so on. What a dumb idea. Roflmao

The game looks bad and plays bad one the Xbox One because there are probably a ton of technical issues with the game/engine and 343 is not id.