Xbox One Framerate Issue

We’ve been keeping an eye on reports regarding framerate issues that arose a few weeks ago. While we are investigating a variety of factors, we believe that some of the issues experienced are due to an Xbox One dashboard update that was released on 9/15/16. Since then, the Xbox team has released an additional update (on 9/23/16) that should resolve these issues. Please note, we are separately tracking reports related to the back button scoreboard impacting framerate.

We are still investigating, but in the meantime, we are asking all players to update their Xbox One consoles to the newest version if they have not done so already.
Here are the steps to update your Xbox One console’s operating system version:

• Scroll left from “Home” to open the guide - Select “Settings” - Select “All Settings” - Select “System” - Select “Console Info & Updates”Your OS version is located in the third section down. The most recent OS version is 10.0.14393.1062 (rs1_xbox_rel_1608 160916-1900). If you see 1062 as your last four numbers, you should be up to date.
    Please keep us updated with your findings!

Thanks for this info and for keeping an eye on this! I’ve been replaying the campaign over the past few days, and noticed some pretty big drops that weren’t there back when I went through it launch week. I thought it was really weird, so I searched for “framerate” here on Waypoint and sure enough found this post!

I received the newest dashboard update (10.0.14393.1062 (rs1_xbox_rel_1608 160916-1900), but I am still noticing drops during the campaign that weren’t there before (as of last night).

Again, thank you very much for your dedication and support, and hopefully things can be sorted out soon! Keep up the great work guys!

I was playing the campaign mode today and noticed significant frame-rate problems so I too did a web search which led to this page. Just to let you know that the most recent update did not resolve the problem, for me anyhow.

Cheers

I am part of the Dashboard Update Preview Program. I’m updated to the latest update, as of today:

OS version: 10.0.14393.1065 (rs1_xbox_rel_1608.160927-1900) fre

I get an update probably once every other to every 3rd day, and the past at least 3 updates has shown the framerate issue, most notably in BTB. The scoreboard call-up kills the framerate significantly still. People quitting and/or joining in progress matches causes screens to completely freeze for most if not all players in-game for a couple seconds. The screen freezing doesn’t affect the actual running engine, so what is happening in game still continues such as projectiles thrown, players/vehicles moving, etc. The only thing that stops is the screen doesn’t refresh with any new frames for a couple seconds.

> 2533274795739611;4:
> I am part of the Dashboard Update Preview Program. I’m updated to the latest update, as of today:
>
> OS version: 10.0.14393.1065 (rs1_xbox_rel_1608.160927-1900) fre
>
> I get an update probably once every other to every 3rd day, and the past at least 3 updates has shown the framerate issue, most notably in BTB. The scoreboard call-up kills the framerate significantly still. People quitting and/or joining in progress matches causes screens to completely freeze for most if not all players in-game for a couple seconds. The screen freezing doesn’t affect the actual running engine, so what is happening in game still continues such as projectiles thrown, players/vehicles moving, etc. The only thing that stops is the screen doesn’t refresh with any new frames for a couple seconds.

Same here

Okay

Still having frame rate issue in btb. I have 1610.160929.1900 version

Still having frame rate issues as well it gets worse the more enemies there is surrounding me making it impossible to deal with multiple threats. Btb and warzone, probally assault too but it’s difficult to find a game.

<mark>This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not purposely bypass the word filter or make non-constructive posts</mark>
*Original post. Click at your own discretion.

I Connell.R.Black is a big old school fan of halo, but I wonder about a few issues that halo has! sometime I wonder what crawled up there tight -Yoink- (like inpatients), or the fact that they are whinney little girls. I infact loved the company, but now I wish you stubbern fu-king pains in my -Yoinks!- is like a bunch of Biotches, so if you really care for your awesome -Yoinking!- Company then shut the f up and do something about it. If I half to buy one of your pieces of -Yoink- systems( which they are) then I’am going to kill you all, so please shut the -Yoink- up and just get on the ball like you did before. I love the Company, but not the -Yoink-, so please grow the -Yoink- up.

I’m experiencing severe framerate problems as well.

Unfortunately these issues occur in a very erratic frequency, sometimes with no multiplayer enemies nearby, sometimes in the middle of combat.
Some games can be played completely without any lag, whereas in other games it’s almost impossible to score due to heavy freezes. Those definitely aren’t connectivity-related issues though because none of my controls except for the home screen key respond. The stats display is bringing down the framerate or even freezing the screen for split seconds as well.
OS version is the most recent (14393.1065) and no resource-intensive background tasks (recording or groove music) are active.

Not sure if this is the correct issue or not. I have been having lots of problems with the game the past week. In almost every game now (sometimes multiple times in a game) I will be walking in one direction and then a second later I am in a totally different spot, or outside of the building or the persons I was just shooting is no longer there or I’m shooting a person or one of the early bosses over and over and my shots do nothing. I have had the game since March and have never had this problem until about a week ago. I thought that maybe it was my wifi but nothing has changed, I have 29mbps download, 6.5mbps upload, 100% wifi strength and 90ms latency. I even went and bought a wifi extender and it made no difference. Does anyone know what maybe causing this? It’s making the game almost unplayable. I’m still getting kills but it is super frustrating to try to play like this. I also checked my console to see if it’s up to date and it says that there are no updates. If anyone can help I would greatly appreciate it.

In almost every news post including today’s '15th Aniversarary ’ you speak of the awesome community around your games. How about you show us all a little respect and give us an update on the frame rate patch progress?

There has been TOTAL radio silence on the issue now for over 6 weeks.
In any other industry this would be beyond unacceptable .