xbox one for 500 euro

And worst part is that 500 euro is around the 650 dollars
So in europe I have to pay more for a xbox one with less functions (satellite tv than) one in the US.

I want the next halo but I’m not going to pay 150 dollars more for a console

Another reason why Xbox One is gonna fail: People in Europe has to pay more money than in the US. 1 EURO DOES NOT EQUAL 1 US DOLLAR!

Frankly, I’m not sure what they were thinking when they made the price of the Xbox One $650 in Europe, and $500 in the US. -.-

> Another reason why Xbox One is gonna fail: People in Europe has to pay more money than in the US. 1 EURO DOES NOT EQUAL 1 US DOLLAR!
>
> Frankly, I’m not sure what they were thinking when they made the price of the Xbox One $650 in Europe, and $500 in the US. -.-

There’s this thing. It’s called import tax.

> > Another reason why Xbox One is gonna fail: People in Europe has to pay more money than in the US. 1 EURO DOES NOT EQUAL 1 US DOLLAR!
> >
> > Frankly, I’m not sure what they were thinking when they made the price of the Xbox One $650 in Europe, and $500 in the US. -.-
>
> There’s this thing. It’s called import tax.

They both come from China. So I still don’t get it

And the import tax making it precisely 500 euro’s is a little big coincidence isn’t it ?

> > Another reason why Xbox One is gonna fail: People in Europe has to pay more money than in the US. 1 EURO DOES NOT EQUAL 1 US DOLLAR!
> >
> > Frankly, I’m not sure what they were thinking when they made the price of the Xbox One $650 in Europe, and $500 in the US. -.-
>
> There’s this thing. It’s called import tax.

Yep, and it doesn’t really matter because that applies to everything. It doesn’t matter if you buy an Xbox One, an Xbox 360, a game, or an electric toothbrush, the price in dollars will always be approximately the same as in euros, making the European version more expensive.

It kind of bothers me, but I’m used to it. Because really, there is nothing we can do about it.

> They both come from China. So I still don’t get it
>
> And the import tax making it precisely 500 euro’s is a little big coincidence isn’t it ?

Don’t quote me on this, but the price probably comes close enough that they might as well approximate it to 499 for their own convenience. But as I said, that applies to all consumer electronics as far as I know.

The biggest reason for the price is that the US price does not include sales tax - this is added at the till, so its $499.99 + Sales tax which is around 10% so the true price in the USA of the XBone is $550.

The EURO and GBP price includes VAT which is 20% of the price.

There are also other factors that increase the cost of the European release:

• distribution through each country;
  • exchange rates fluctuating (so the price is kept slightly highter to prevent fluctuations in the shelf price);
  • warranty periods are longer in Europe due to law, the US can get away with a 30 day warranty but in europe this must be atleast a year, get the idea?

Anyway the XBone is way over priced and will simply fail, pre-orders are 8:1 in favor of PS4 outside of the US. The higher price + XBL gold is simply not worth it for anyone not on US soil - we don’t get any of that TV stuff and XBL has for along time been a 2nd class service to anyone who’s not american.