Xbox One and Halo 5 both big let downs.

I think I’m done with gaming. I think the xbox one and halo 5 finally did it for me. I’m sick of all the let downs, it’s just not fun anymore. It’s all about pro and competitive gaming, 60 fps and online downloads. The xbox gaming industry went from “lets make an awesome, fun game!!”, to “Wheres the money at?”. I spend more time downloading content and researching why there’s so much issues. I fill half full when I buy the game, watching and waiting for when the updates will come out to fix all the issues or when they will have DLC so I can get the other half of my enjoyment. Every time I go to play this game, or any game on my xbox one, I leave with a feeling of dissatisfaction and hate. Maybe i’m over reacting, maybe I changed but gaming just isn’t fun anymore. At least not with the xbox one and halo 5.Sorry I don’t mean to complain for those that love the game, I really don’t understand and I’m wondering if there’s anyone else that feels like this, am I the only one?

<mark>Do not post spam.</mark>

Yawn

Can someone link the Mr. Krabs tiny violin gif or video for OP please? Thnx

Well, that’s just modern triple-A gaming for you. I know, it’s been bothering me as well. You might have a different experience on Nintendo consoles, if you happen to like their games, that is. Sony’s not really better themselves, imo.

Yeap right there with you. Can’t sleep and figured why not make one more account to post because my main account was banned in 2009 for no reason on the Bungie forums. I’ve given up on Xbox all together, Sold it to a buddy for 250 and I even gave him my account, I said best of luck these -Yoink- hats can’t even figure out the console so they have no chance at games.

MCC - launch failure
X1 in general was slow a clunky as all hell

This is my sign off, ban yet another account I don’t care I’ve cancelled all my renew information. I’ve wasted enough money on Xbox.

I was an original beta tester, this system has do nothing but gone down high. A system that launched over 13 years ago had voice messaging and instant invites for friends. It also navigated around easily and smooth. How do you break something that worked so long ago?

yeah, I was an XBOX LIVE beta tester, back in the day when you could only use 8 characters, I would like to use my main account but nope, a perm ban from something I can’t even remember. It was over 6 years ago.

Life long Xbox fan and I must say it’s a complete crap system. The 360 streams better and smoother to my TV than this request windows -Yoink-. Oh wait, you have to use Windows Media player, you can’t use TVersity because that too good.

I’m done, later and who gives a -Yoink- if you ban me, I sold my -Yoink- and was in the process of deleting favorites and figured why not stop back in and see. And holy -Yoink-, someone else said they were done, figured why not just have my farewell f*ck off.

I rarely post on here, or forums in general for that matter, but I just wanted to say that you´re not alone OP. I mean, I´m not done with gaming, its just that, indeed, this new generation of consoles and games are not grabbing me. There´s something missing, something feels strange and I can´t quite put my finger on it. And I feel weird about it, having this awesome console with lots of games but none of them has captured me the way Reach or Gears or Halo 3 or GTA IV did. Feels empty, I dunno…

You’re not alone. The fun has been removed and the emphasis seems to have been placed more on competitive gaming, collector whores, micro purchases and social media. I guess this reflects and accommodates the current younger generation with the superficial social media lifestyle they’ve had rammed down their throats.

It would be interesting to hear the age ranges of the ppl who agree with CoolingJohn and those that don’t. For the record, I’m 41 and have seen the gaming landscape change significantly over the years.

Im with ya man… like some of these other gamers, im not done withgaming. Consoles have change and the games… its not a full game anymore or about gamers having fun… they give you pieces of the game so corporation see the money signs while they give you the rest of the pieces. This game is fun but with no split screen. im let down. im let down again when my xbox with all these downloading. i cant even get more games… im not the type to start deleting games to make space. that means lost of money on them. im still a halo and xbox fan. im just disappointed in them and kinda losing interested. im glad you said it. i feel the same. you are not the only one. im not a one that complains or get on these forums either.

> 2533274814833397;1:
> I think I’m done with gaming. I think the xbox one and halo 5 finally did it for me. I’m sick of all the let downs, it’s just not fun anymore. It’s all about pro and competitive gaming, 60 fps and online downloads. The xbox gaming industry went from “lets make an awesome, fun game!!”, to “Wheres the money at?”. I spend more time downloading content and researching why there’s so much issues. I fill half full when I buy the game, watching and waiting for when the updates will come out to fix all the issues or when they will have DLC so I can get the other half of my enjoyment. Every time I go to play this game, or any game on my xbox one, I leave with a feeling of dissatisfaction and hate. Maybe i’m over reacting, maybe I changed but gaming just isn’t fun anymore. At least not with the xbox one and halo 5.Sorry I don’t mean to complain for those that love the game, I really don’t understand and I’m wondering if there’s anyone else that feels like this, am I the only one?

I don’t feel that way, I can understand your position, though.

For the part I highlighted, though, MS’s recent moves say otherwise. Particularly with their exclusives this time around and the way they now operate the company (Thanks in no small part to Phil Spencer) Sony is a lot worse at money grabbing. Just look at PS Now or their lack of a decent lineup this fall. Whereas Microsoft put in Xbox 360 BC for free.

And the UI is infinitely better now than it was at launch, (And I bought mine day one)

I stopped pre-ordering games because of stuff like that. The empty promises, large day 1 patches that don’t fix half of the problems, or the feeling that chunks of the game were made and then removed to be sold off as DLC later (looking at you Bungie) are all getting to be pains in the rear. Unless gamers as a collective take a stand against these practices, nothing will change.

H5 is going to be adding content as they go. Yeah frustrating a bit but hey at least the content is coming. But where H5 let me down is the short campaign that was claimed to be the biggest. Also the graphics I feel are subpar compared to a few other games. They really aren’t much better than H4 and I would almost say H2A seemed to look a bit better in some cases.
Also the Xbox one itself is a let down. The operating system is slow and not user friendly at all. Some basic functions were way easier and even faster on the Xbox 360. The Xbox one is underpowered for what they wanted it to do. Got my Xbox one on launch of MCC so that didn’t go to well either.

Sounds like Halo and Gears are the games that we love but 343I can delivery this love.
Waiting Gears maybe he save us from the boring and stupid single players games and Call of Duty destiny.

> 2535448124872267;5:
> Yeap right there with you. Can’t sleep and figured why not make one more account to post because my main account was banned in 2009 for no reason on the Bungie forums. I’ve given up on Xbox all together, Sold it to a buddy for 250 and I even gave him my account, I said best of luck these -Yoink- hats can’t even figure out the console so they have no chance at games.
>
> MCC - launch failure
> X1 in general was slow a clunky as all hell
>
> This is my sign off, ban yet another account I don’t care I’ve cancelled all my renew information. I’ve wasted enough money on Xbox.
>
> I was an original beta tester, this system has do nothing but gone down high. A system that launched over 13 years ago had voice messaging and instant invites for friends. It also navigated around easily and smooth. How do you break something that worked so long ago?
>
> yeah, I was an XBOX LIVE beta tester, back in the day when you could only use 8 characters, I would like to use my main account but nope, a perm ban from something I can’t even remember. It was over 6 years ago.
>
> Life long Xbox fan and I must say it’s a complete crap system. The 360 streams better and smoother to my TV than this request windows -Yoink-. Oh wait, you have to use Windows Media player, you can’t use TVersity because that too good.
>
> I’m done, later and who gives a -Yoink- if you ban me, I sold my -Yoink- and was in the process of deleting favorites and figured why not stop back in and see. And holy -Yoink-, someone else said they were done, figured why not just have my farewell f*ck off.

I just came to say I liked this guy’s comments because I don’t have to hear him -Yoink- anymore! XD

> 2533274814833397;1:
> I think I’m done with gaming. I think the xbox one and halo 5 finally did it for me. I’m sick of all the let downs, it’s just not fun anymore. It’s all about pro and competitive gaming, 60 fps and online downloads. The xbox gaming industry went from “lets make an awesome, fun game!!”, to “Wheres the money at?”. I spend more time downloading content and researching why there’s so much issues. I fill half full when I buy the game, watching and waiting for when the updates will come out to fix all the issues or when they will have DLC so I can get the other half of my enjoyment. Every time I go to play this game, or any game on my xbox one, I leave with a feeling of dissatisfaction and hate. Maybe i’m over reacting, maybe I changed but gaming just isn’t fun anymore. At least not with the xbox one and halo 5.Sorry I don’t mean to complain for those that love the game, I really don’t understand and I’m wondering if there’s anyone else that feels like this, am I the only one?

LOL I’ve bought X1 with Halo 5 last week and … 8 -Yoinking!- hours to install a disk?! are you -Yoinking!- kidding me?! I remember when i got X360 with Halo 3 in 2007, insert the disk and that’s it
Halo 5 is a great game and is really fun BUT no splitscreen and no forge that’s very sad :frowning:

unfortunatly gaming now seems to be launch a game light on functions and drip feed content over a period in an attempt to exploit more money or try to retain a population base that may quickly move on.

Im a console/ game collector and this generation really wasnt the technological leap forward that we were all hoping to see. The xbone install times drive me potty. The games industry reminds me of these constant comic book movies that get pumped out two or three times a year with the same blah blah plot. It makes money but can be a very empty experience.

Bye!

To be honest i think its a mentality that has slowly creeped into gamers. We expect perfection when its not possible and focus on these imperfections to the point where we make the game not fun instead of just chilling , yelling at the tv when something happens to get it out of our system and just move on and enjoy the game

> 2535419991030720;14:
> > 2533274814833397;1:
> > I think I’m done with gaming. I think the xbox one and halo 5 finally did it for me. I’m sick of all the let downs, it’s just not fun anymore. It’s all about pro and competitive gaming, 60 fps and online downloads. The xbox gaming industry went from “lets make an awesome, fun game!!”, to “Wheres the money at?”. I spend more time downloading content and researching why there’s so much issues. I fill half full when I buy the game, watching and waiting for when the updates will come out to fix all the issues or when they will have DLC so I can get the other half of my enjoyment. Every time I go to play this game, or any game on my xbox one, I leave with a feeling of dissatisfaction and hate. Maybe i’m over reacting, maybe I changed but gaming just isn’t fun anymore. At least not with the xbox one and halo 5.Sorry I don’t mean to complain for those that love the game, I really don’t understand and I’m wondering if there’s anyone else that feels like this, am I the only one?
>
>
> LOL I’ve bought X1 with Halo 5 last week and … 8 -Yoinking!- hours to install a disk?! are you -Yoinking!- kidding me?! I remember when i got X360 with Halo 3 in 2007, insert the disk and that’s it
> Halo 5 is a great game and is really fun BUT no splitscreen and no forge that’s very sad :frowning:

something wrong with your internet/console there. My games take 20 minutes to install/download.

> 2533274815998881;17:
> To be honest i think its a mentality that has slowly creeped into gamers. We expect perfection when its not possible and focus on these imperfections to the point where we make the game not fun instead of just chilling , yelling at the tv when something happens to get it out of our system and just move on and enjoy the game

This guy nailed it. We all get an idea of what we expect a game to be and when that doesn’t happen the whole world ends. This generation of gamers will ever be happy. They ask for change and when they get it, they complaim about it.
Also I think this console generation is suffering from that wow factor we got last gen. We went from standard def to high definition. That visual leap was astounding. We watched graphical improvement happen game after game and we are accustomed to it. We didn’t get that leap this time. Worlds might be larger and battles might be bigger but without that wow factor it is hard to say “look at that difference.”

> 2533274814833397;1:
> I think I’m done with gaming. I think the xbox one and halo 5 finally did it for me. I’m sick of all the let downs, it’s just not fun anymore. It’s all about pro and competitive gaming, 60 fps and online downloads. The xbox gaming industry went from “lets make an awesome, fun game!!”, to “Wheres the money at?”. I spend more time downloading content and researching why there’s so much issues. I fill half full when I buy the game, watching and waiting for when the updates will come out to fix all the issues or when they will have DLC so I can get the other half of my enjoyment. Every time I go to play this game, or any game on my xbox one, I leave with a feeling of dissatisfaction and hate. Maybe i’m over reacting, maybe I changed but gaming just isn’t fun anymore. At least not with the xbox one and halo 5.Sorry I don’t mean to complain for those that love the game, I really don’t understand and I’m wondering if there’s anyone else that feels like this, am I the only one?

Right here with yuh !!!