Xbox One 30 FPS cap in multiplayer is not OK.

Reduce graphics, resolution or effects, but please make it run at 60 FPS on multiplayer PVP in the final version. Players vs Bots can be 30 FPS or whatever, that isn’t a concern. 30 FPS on campaign is also pretty OK. But, 30 FPS on a PVP multiplayer game which touts cross play and cross gen as it’s core gameplay feature is not OK.

Other than this, this flighting is fun.

I agree 100%. While the game sure is a blast to play, 30 fps in mp is a no-go.

You mean on Xbox One hardware? Barring Xbox Series X, there’s going to be hardware limitations.

The original xbox one is 8 years old. I honestly didn’t even expect them to support it for this reason. Be happy they went to great lengths so that you could even play it. And maybe they’ll optimize it enough by launch to have 60fps. Still just a tech preview

Doom Eternal looks quite better and runs a perfectly stable 60 fps. I hope they’ll optimize it and get it to 60 by reducing some effects etc. like OP suggested.

Yes, it’s a tech preview but it’s still a good idea to voice concern.

Edit: Talking about the Xbox One X

What model Xbox One? 30 FPS on an OG 2013 XOne sure, but a One X?

> 2535467341363106;5:
> Doom Eternal looks quite better and runs a perfectly stable 60 fps. I hope they’ll optimize it and get it to 60 by reducing some effects etc. like OP suggested.
>
> Yes, it’s a tech preview but it’s still a good idea to voice concern.

Apples and Oranges - two wildly different engines. I wouldn’t count on having Xbox One support 60fps. Catering to the lowest common denominator holds a game back.

> 2533274792402787;7:
> > 2535467341363106;5:
> > Doom Eternal looks quite better and runs a perfectly stable 60 fps. I hope they’ll optimize it and get it to 60 by reducing some effects etc. like OP suggested.
> >
> > Yes, it’s a tech preview but it’s still a good idea to voice concern.
>
> Apples and Oranges - two wildly different engines. I wouldn’t count on having Xbox One support 60fps. Catering to the lowest common denominator holds a game back.

There is quite a lot of scaling tech to adjust to different performance targets (e.g. Doom on the Switch) if implemented and planned for correctly. E.g. next gen patches and smart delivery.

I fail to see the big visual upgrades to warrant a 30 fps lock on a One X when other products have no problems hitting a solid 60 fps.

Maybe it’s because the build is two months old, who knows :).

> 2533274816702503;4:
> The original xbox one is 8 years old. I honestly didn’t even expect them to support it for this reason. Be happy they went to great lengths so that you could even play it. And maybe they’ll optimize it enough by launch to have 60fps. Still just a tech preview

I think they sort of had to support it because a lot of people still don’t have the Series x or s.

Xbox One is ancient hardware.

Im playing at 120fps on series S right now (it quite heavily reduces resolution to achieve this however, but to me its worth it), surely the one can boost up to 60 with some visual quality reductions? This release is outdated already in terms of its optimisation so there could still be hope

> 2533274816702503;4:
> The original xbox one is 8 years old. I honestly didn’t even expect them to support it for this reason. Be happy they went to great lengths so that you could even play it. And maybe they’ll optimize it enough by launch to have 60fps. Still just a tech preview

Every COD and BF targets 60 FPS on Xbox One despite being released once every year and being available on other console as well. So, why can’t Halo Infinite that took half a decade to develop and was delayed a year have a 60 FPS PVP multiplayer? Even COD CW multiplayer looks much better than Halo Infinite and still runs much better. I seriously don’t see any excuse to not have it run at 60 FPS.

Playing even on the Xbox Series X the resolution is extremely muddy, terrible AA, juddery performance. So I shudder to imagine what it is like on Xbox One base consoles. I do wonder if we are getting a purposefully reduced version for stability potentially. Hopefully by launch the visuals will actually get better on Series X.

> 2535438342425578;12:
> > 2533274816702503;4:
> > The original xbox one is 8 years old. I honestly didn’t even expect them to support it for this reason. Be happy they went to great lengths so that you could even play it. And maybe they’ll optimize it enough by launch to have 60fps. Still just a tech preview
>
> Every COD and BF targets 60 FPS on Xbox One despite being released once every year and being available on other console as well. So, why can’t Halo Infinite that took half a decade to develop and was delayed a year have a 60 FPS PVP multiplayer? Even COD CW multiplayer looks much better than Halo Infinite and still runs much better. I seriously don’t see any excuse to not have it run at 60 FPS.

CoD does have a good looking engine, but the underlying mechanics are entirely different, let alone the physics engines between both games are on wildly different tiers. There’s a lot more CPU-bound processing going on here than with CoD.

> 2533274810278863;13:
> Playing even on the Xbox Series X the resolution is extremely muddy, terrible AA, juddery performance. So I shudder to imagine what it is like on Xbox One base consoles. I do wonder if we are getting a purposefully reduced version for stability potentially. Hopefully by launch the visuals will actually get better on Series X.

Agreed. When playing in my Series X resolution is so poor and sometimes I have drop frames, specially when spartan is running.

It’s low quality to support the game telemetry capture vs bots… at least that’s my theory.

Yeah I preferred to get it on PC but only got the Xbox code, it’s literally unplayable on the xbox one s

I played with Xbox one X. 30 frames was terrible. It should be 60 frames in performance mode.

I’m certainly hoping that at release its up to 60fps. The 120 that’s possible on the XSX most likely isn’t possible, but we should try for at least 60.

Bruh, splitscreen will be a pain on this fps.