Xbox live

Well this isn’t completely Halo related but since most of us pretty much only got xbox live for Halo I’m going ahead and saying it is Halo related. Well it turns out starting November Xbox live gold will increase $10 to $60 a year. So if your close to being out it may benefit you to go out and buy a card while they will still be $49.99. I have also heard that xbox will have a limited time offer of $39.99 but i didn’t find when it will be or if you can buy it if your still active.

Found the source on this. I remember hearing about a deal package for a family plan for Kinect, I guess it will be awhile before we see that in place.

Its stupid. Does anyone even use the radio, twitter or facebook on the xbox anyway??? Their all pretty good and useless on the box. I’ll just use my laptop thats sitting right next to me when I’m on xbl.

> Its stupid. Does anyone even use the radio, twitter or facebook on the xbox anyway??? Their all pretty good and useless on the box. I’ll just use my laptop thats sitting right next to me when I’m on xbl.

Yup and it’s not like you can even use those features while playing a game… to me i think they just lost some people that only had xbl for netflix and maybe one game they would play every now and then.

also, just to add to OP, the price for everything is going up in USA, but in Canada and the UK only the price of 1 month is up a dollar, 3 month and 12 month are the same as before.

also, Canada doesn’t have netflix so we are really getting boned up here.The price its changing to in USA is the same price Canada has paid for years, albeit in CAD, but theyre practically even.

> Its stupid. Does anyone even use the radio, twitter or facebook on the xbox anyway??? Their all pretty good and useless on the box. I’ll just use my laptop thats sitting right next to me when I’m on xbl.

I used them till i built my desktop which is right next to the 360 now so i can see some people using them but certainly not me anymore.

I was also against this during my live internet talk show about them raisiing the prices of Xbox live, but according to Major Nelson that more and better features would be coming out for people with the 12 month gold account, as well as a Discount. Now as for the discount i have no idea for its use and when. But i would say if they bring out more useful apps like maybe an internet browser app that would be cool, or even a youtube app. As for Last FM i never use that, facebook somewhat use and the rwitter thing i never use. Not sure everyone still uses Xbox Live Photo party? I think there should be an app that allows you to webcam up to 8 of your friends. Oh yea another thing, When are we going to see more Premium Themes, and why cant we use regular themes from games like before NXE? Well enough from me lol. But yea so if anyone upgrades there account before November 1st should still get the deal for 12 month for 49.99 instead of 59.99. I will be purchasing 2 12 month accounts until November 1st and i should be good for 2 years.

i would really like to see voice/video chat support for Windows Messenger. It seems like it would be so easy.

> i would really like to see voice/video chat support for Windows Messenger. It seems like it would be so easy.

I’m sure it is. I just think that maybe they think the audience that wants that is too small so they won’t waste their time on it.