Xbox Live Support sends me here for refund

Keep getting referred by Xbox Live support to come here for a refund. What is the process I go through for that?

Thanks in advance.

I’ve seen other threads like this; I don’t believe there’s a refund process you can do on these forums. Likely XBL support sent you here to get you off the phone.

That’s what I figured. Thank you for the information.

Try Xbox support Chat. (Assuming you got digital) I got my refund through chat/text with a guy who was very helpful in me getting me a full refund. I just had to send a couple of pictures via email of the game not working, which was as simple as a picture of me in a lobby searching…
whole process was about 20 mins.

just be polite and explain your game is not functioning properly and they should help you from there.

I just got sent here as well, I don’t want to make a new post, but I’m supposed to get a “ticket number”.

If they sent you here, then they’re trying to fob you off in the hope that you’ll eventually just give up.
In some countries, it is illegal for any vendor to refuse a refund on a faulty product, regardless of whether they have some “policies” that say that there’s no refunds or all sales are final. These laws apply to physical and digital products.
The UK and Australia are two places that I know of that definitely have these kinds of consumer laws.

> 2724275667461698;4:
> Try Xbox support Chat. (Assuming you got digital) I got my refund through chat/text with a guy who was very helpful in me getting me a full refund. I just had to send a couple of pictures via email of the game not working, which was as simple as a picture of me in a lobby searching…
> whole process was about 20 mins.
>
> just be polite and explain your game is not functioning properly and they should help you from there.

When did you buy it if you don’t mind me asking. I had a couple of them tell me that they would give me a refund but the option is grayed out because I bought it more than 30 days ago.

The Xbox rep probably didn’t mean these forums. A lot of the time Xbox reps send people to the Xbox forums here: http://forums.xbox.com

Pretty much when an Xbox rep sends you to the forums it means they have no idea what to do, can’t fix your problem, or just want to get rid of you. So they send you to the forums, and on the forums you usually don’t get any help either.

I got in an argument in a Xbox support chat about this once too lol, she wanted to send me to the forums and I told her no, because no one ever gets any help there. She just kept saying to go to the forums and eventually disconnected me. Its kinda dumb.

EDIT: Also, this isn’t just for getting refunds, its for anything and everything with Xbox support that they can’t figure out.