Xbox Live is Down... Disc Players???

Who else is having problems with their downloadable version of Halo? I’m just curious if I should open my unopened disc since I really want to play Halo right now.

Don’t do that. Just go to network settings and set your xbox to “offline”, then you can play campaign on your digital copy.

Unopened disc? Your collecting it?

> 2533274818508074;3:
> Unopened disc? Your collecting it?

Yeah… I don’t know why. But I am.

> 2533274872013539;4:
> > 2533274818508074;3:
> > Unopened disc? Your collecting it?
>
>
> Yeah… I don’t know why. But I am.

Ha I have an unopened one too that my work gave to me. I thought I was the only crazy one with two copies

He, to each their own I won’t judge. Seen people collect alot wierder than unopened video games

> 2535468812026872;2:
> Don’t do that. Just go to network settings and set your xbox to “offline”, then you can play campaign on your digital copy.

Thanks. I was looking for that setting yesterday and couldn’t find it.

I’m assuming that there are a lot of players playing off their disc then… It’s still down.

I’ve been having trouble with all of my downloadable content, not just games, for the past couple of hours. It’s infuriating.

> 2533274810084839;9:
> I’ve been having trouble with all of my downloadable content, not just games, for the past couple of hours. It’s infuriating.

Xbox says it’s down… So it sucks for us who aren’t using a disc…

Xbox Live Status

> 2533274872013539;10:
> > 2533274810084839;9:
> > I’ve been having trouble with all of my downloadable content, not just games, for the past couple of hours. It’s infuriating.
>
>
> Xbox says it’s down… So it sucks for us who aren’t using a disc…
>
> Xbox Live Status

Not surprised, it was having problems earlier on/off. Mainly servers issues where Halo 5 couldn’t load, asked me to try again.

My friend couldn’t boot up his digital copy.

He went offline, booted the game up, went back online and joined my fireteam.

It took him a few tries but we just played for three hours without issue.

Glad to know it isn’t just me then! Although its odd for XBL to be down on a Monday of all things. Even for something like an update. Just so odd.

> 2534615147433705;12:
> My friend couldn’t boot up his digital copy.
>
> He went offline, booted the game up, went back online and joined my fireteam.
>
> It took him a few tries but we just played for three hours without issue.

I think that’ll only work if that Xbox is set as his “Home” Xbox.

> 2533274872013539;14:
> > 2534615147433705;12:
> > My friend couldn’t boot up his digital copy.
> >
> > He went offline, booted the game up, went back online and joined my fireteam.
> >
> > It took him a few tries but we just played for three hours without issue.
>
>
> I think that’ll only work if that Xbox is set as his “Home” Xbox.

How many Xbox One do you own?

I’m guessing most people will be playing on their “home” Xbox so it will work for them too. Sorry it doesn’t help you.

I just can’t believe Xbox Live is down yet again!! It happens all the time lately, was just a few days ago when it last went down. Unbelievable.

> 2534615147433705;12:
> My friend couldn’t boot up his digital copy.
>
> He went offline, booted the game up, went back online and joined my fireteam.
>
> It took him a few tries but we just played for three hours without issue.

Good tip. I’ll try that next time.

Here’s a work-around for match making. It works. I’ve tried with Halo 5, Reach, and MCC:

Go offline, then launch the game, then reconnect while the game is up and running.

It seems if you have the game up and running, then connect, it’ll work. I played a several matches in Reach, MCC, and Halo 5 just fine (all digital). If I’m online and try to launch the games, they’ll won’t. Go offline first, launch, then reconnect.