Xbox Live Beta state

Not sure if you can even find a game currently. But checked this morning, and the old Halo Wars 2 Open Beta server that they used earlier this year is currently reactivated. Looks as though you are able to search for a game and choose either Cutter or Atriox. But after about 15 mins of searching no games found yet. This could be due to a very low number of people having this knowledge or due to the servers not actual being active yet. But checking as of about a month ago you couldn’t even get this far so I am guessing it means something.

Just out of curiosity.

Why was this even tested?
What led to the decision to start up the Halo Wars 2 beta and try to find a match?

> 2533274795123910;2:
> Just out of curiosity.
>
> Why was this even tested?
> What led to the decision to start up the Halo Wars 2 beta and try to find a match?

Primarily curiosity and boredom, but I also like to look through the Gamehub, and check out captures from the original beta, and sometimes I launch the game before I do, and this time I started it up and it said it was downloading the latest game config which was new. So I waited, and then started up the game and jumped into matchmaking and it worked this time.

You haven’t ever started it up out of curiosity since the original Beta has gone down?

> 2533274918137281;3:
> > 2533274795123910;2:
> > Just out of curiosity.
> >
> > Why was this even tested?
> > What led to the decision to start up the Halo Wars 2 beta and try to find a match?
>
> Primarily curiosity and boredom, but I also like to look through the Gamehub, and check out captures from the original beta, and sometimes I launch the game before I do, and this time I started it up and it said it was downloading the latest game config which was new. So I waited, and then started up the game and jumped into matchmaking and it worked this time.
>
> You haven’t ever started it up out of curiosity since the original Beta has gone down?

I do to listen to the music :3

also yh I can search for games

> 2533274918137281;3:
> > 2533274795123910;2:
> > Just out of curiosity.
> >
> > Why was this even tested?
> > What led to the decision to start up the Halo Wars 2 beta and try to find a match?
>
> Primarily curiosity and boredom, but I also like to look through the Gamehub, and check out captures from the original beta, and sometimes I launch the game before I do, and this time I started it up and it said it was downloading the latest game config which was new. So I waited, and then started up the game and jumped into matchmaking and it worked this time.
>
> You haven’t ever started it up out of curiosity since the original Beta has gone down?

Ok, that’s understandable.

Nope, I delete betas the instance the beta period is ended and the servers become unavailable. So I don’t have the HW2 beta anymore.
I don’t see a reason to keep hard drive space occupied with something that has a miniscule chance of ever being playable before the retail version, unless otherwise stated.

> 2533274795123910;6:
> > 2533274918137281;3:
> > > 2533274795123910;2:
> > > Just out of curiosity.
> > >
> > > Why was this even tested?
> > > What led to the decision to start up the Halo Wars 2 beta and try to find a match?
> >
> > Primarily curiosity and boredom, but I also like to look through the Gamehub, and check out captures from the original beta, and sometimes I launch the game before I do, and this time I started it up and it said it was downloading the latest game config which was new. So I waited, and then started up the game and jumped into matchmaking and it worked this time.
> >
> > You haven’t ever started it up out of curiosity since the original Beta has gone down?
>
> Ok, that’s understandable.
>
> Nope, I delete betas the instance the beta period is ended and the servers become unavailable. So I don’t have the HW2 beta anymore.
> I don’t see a reason to keep hard drive space occupied with something that has a miniscule chance of ever being playable before the retail version, unless otherwise stated.

That also makes sense.