Xbox is aware of the Map pack problem (LINK)

Hey,

Check this out :slight_smile:

Good now a quick fix cuz its like 6hours back and still no fix…

The new maps were the only reason I popped onto Halo 4 today, recently got an old but Gold RPG. Was dissapoint when my season pass appeared to have been a waste of 25 dollars.

Thanks for this but I’m not that pissed off at the map pack, I am just pissed off with the -Yoinking!- 1000000 posts of ‘I CANT HAZ MAP PAX?’

what the hell did i pay $25.00 for! I WANT MY MAPS! A QUICK FIX TO MICROSOFT ENDS UP BEING A WEEK-MONTH DRAWN OUT PROCESS!

AND A MULTI MILLION DOLLAR CRISIS!

This is funny as hell… This happen with GoW u think microsoft would learn from there mistakes… Now am sitting here waiting on microsoft again.

This is why Map packs never come out on a Monday…

I want my MAPS.
Also why is Spartan Ops paused to Jan 21st we was promised 10 weeks…

> This is why Map packs never come out on a Monday…
>
> I want my MAPS.
> Also why is Spartan Ops paused to Jan 21st we was promised 10 weeks…

This didnt say the first 10 weeks consecutively… people like having time off for the holidays, get over it

It’s like everybody haves a silver spoon in their months, it’s like the world wait’s on them hand and foot.

> The new maps were the only reason I popped onto Halo 4 today, recently got an old but Gold RPG. Was dissapoint when my season pass appeared to have been a waste of 25 dollars.

What rpg?

lmao this is like a whole collective temper tantrum.

i feel like i’m watching a bunch of eight year olds kick and scream about some stoops maps.

chill homies, chill.

> It’s like everybody haves a silver spoon in their months, it’s like the world wait’s on them hand and foot.

It’s more like everybody expects what they paid for on the date and time it was promised to them. This fan reaction is perfectly valid, especially considering 343’s track record so far with their release schedule and the fact that the Map Pack is already on the MS Store. 343 Industries is a multi-million dollar AAA video game development company and they shouldn’t be making amateur screw ups like this.

> Good now a quick fix cuz its like 6hours back and still no fix…

It says 7:03 PST, which is 10:03 EST…

People act as though people don’t have a right to be upset.

Let me tell you something. I come from a time when you would buy a game, put it in, and lo and behold… play it.

Today you have to decide which store to buy the game at for fear of missing out on a bonus, consider buying a Limited/Special/Collector’s/Etc. Edition for fear of missing our on content, preorder the game, and/or play it by a certain date to access content already on the disc that is neither bonus nor extraneous, but rather core gameplay content.

Then something like the specialization code email and Xbox Live message fiasco might occur. (There are still qualifying paying customers with no access to their specializations, and stuck at level 70.)

Then you pay money up front for DLC, and people who didn’t pay up front get access to it before you do.

Then you might one day find that your favorite game type or your favorite map is no longer accessible because it’s in a playlist that requires a map pack you don’t own… even though it isn’t one of the maps in that pack (as happened with Halo 3 and Sand Trap.)

These are the kinds of hoops gamers have to jump through today to access very basic gameplay content. For literally half a decade I told everyone, “Mark my words, this whole DLC thing is going to become an inconvenient nightmare half the time,” and everyone said, “Nah, they’d never let that happen. They’d lose too many sales.” And yet with virtually every game this, or something like it, happens now. It’s very sad for someone who’s been gaming for nearly 30 years to see this happen with virtually every major game release these days. And understandably frustrating to people.

Yes, some people could go about expressing their frustration in a more constructive manner. But none of that excuses the poor customer service and hoop jumping gamers face today when simply trying to play (and support, I might add,) a game. And I say this as someone who has virtually no other complaints about the game and loves the hell out of it.

The complaints are both warranted and understandable.

They locked the active thread for this? Really?
Just because someone brought imaginary friends into the equation.

You’d think is one of the first things they would have tested when the maps were physically finished.

Incidentally, Spartan Ops has been paused until Jan 21st to accomdate the Halo 4 Infinity Challenge. It’s an official tournament with prizes, look it up.

Basically we’re getting one week of “the best of” as a tide over, then Spartan Ops with cycle through Episdes 1-5 again in weekly order to accommodate tournament play, resuming at Episode 6 on Jan 21st upon the touney’s completion.

Ya it sucks but hey, you can win a truck and/or be in a Halo game :slight_smile:

Thanks for posting that, but it does bother me that so many people think “Xbox” is a company.

> People act as though people don’t have a right to be upset.
>
> Let me tell you something. I come from a time when you would buy a game, put it in, and lo and behold… play it.
>
> Today you have to decide which store to buy the game at for fear of missing out on a bonus, consider buying a Limited/Special/Collector’s/Etc. Edition for fear of missing our on content, preorder the game, and/or play it by a certain date to access content already on the disc that is neither bonus nor extraneous, but rather core gameplay content.
>
> Then something like the specialization code email and Xbox Live message fiasco might occur. (There are still qualifying paying customers with no access to their specializations, and stuck at level 70.)
>
> Then you pay money up front for DLC, and people who didn’t pay up front get access to it before you do.
>
> Then you might one day find that your favorite game type or your favorite map is no longer accessible because it’s in a playlist that requires a map pack you don’t own… even though it isn’t one of the maps in that pack (as happened with Halo 3 and Sand Trap.)
>
> These are the kinds of hoops gamers have to jump through today to access very basic gameplay content. For literally half a decade I told everyone, “Mark my words, this whole DLC thing is going to become an inconvenient nightmare half the time,” and everyone said, “Nah, they’d never let that happen. They’d lose too many sales.” And yet with virtually every game this, or something like it, happens now. It’s very sad for someone who’s been gaming for nearly 30 years to see this happen with virtually every major game release these days. And understandably frustrating to people.
>
> Yes, some people could go about expressing their frustration in a more constructive manner. But none of that excuses the poor customer service and hoop jumping gamers face today when simply trying to play (and support, I might add,) a game. And I say this as someone who has virtually no other complaints about the game and loves the hell out of it.
>
> The complaints are both warranted and understandable.

you tell them brotha/sista can’t tell over the internet