Xbox DVR clips disappearing

I was looking through the clips on my Xbox DVR, the ones I’ve had online. I couldn’t help but notice that a lot of my clips are missing, not available online or on my console. Nearly all of my clips from Skyrim and Forza Horizon 3 are gone.

The strange part is that my oldest clips, including my very first clips from the MCC, are still there. I turned off auto-upload a while ago, so new clips shouldn’t have been overwriting old ones anyway.

Has anyone else had this problem? Any idea what might be causing my clips to disappear? I’ve already lost some of my favorites.

Yep yep, same here. This was because of arguably one of the few poor decisions Xbox has made over the past couple years. Sometime in the last quarter of 2018 (can’t recall exact month), they released an update which increased your available cloud storage for clips and screenshots. However, in the same update, they added a “feature” which automatically deletes clips older than 30 days. But, they stated clips older than a certain number of days (age based on release of the update) would be given 90 days before deletion. It’s a real bummer and I’m hoping they revert it to the old system because this one is simply bad.