Xbox 360 slim 4GB firefight problem

Thats super lame how you cant play co op firefight or campaign when you still have the harddrive… not impressed.

Hey Chronzo,

The 4G 360 is still technically an Arcade model and most of that internal space is aloted for future system updates (including Kinect) which will probably be sizable. You should be able to find a 4-16 GB flash drive relatively cheap if you do not have a HDD.

will it recognize the flash drive as a hard drive?

I just tried it with a 2 gig flash drive, theres still 1.5 gig left after xbox system stuff installed but cant play co op campaign or firefight. :frowning:

2 gigs might not be big enough to cache the files necessary. You can get 8-16 gigs fairly cheap from places like Tiger Direct or New Egg. However you may want to try searching the b.net forums, I am sure you are not the only person to experience this issue.

Yah ive searched around and it wont work with a flash drive unfortuneatly. http://www.geek.com/articles/games/halo-reach-co-op-not-available-for-4gb-xbox-360-owners-20100915/

Still not very impressed they haven’t came out with a fix yet, like cmon they probably have some of the best programmers in the world and there isnt a fix out?

well you have to remember, the xbox OS was not designed for hooking up a hard drive (or large flash drive) via USB. the closest thing to it at launch was a tiny memory card hooked up via a proprietary connector. it’s entirely likely that enabling games to use USB devices as a “hard drive” is a pretty major change in the OS, thus, a large investment. even then, i wouldn’t be surprised if the feature was only available on the new slim units. don’t count on this being fixed any time soon if at all.

[:(] @ V0nd0ll0

I have something too about the xbox 360 <strike>4GB console, what’s the difference betwen that one and a normal one? Since my console disc reader dosen’t work, getting an xbox 360 4 gb console with kinect bundle. I want to use my old 120 gb HDD.</strike>
<strike><strike>What’s the difference? All I know so far [other than the HDD] is that the 360 <strike>250 gb is shiny and the 360 4gb isn’t.</strike></strike></strike>

I’m SOOO pissed right now. Where on the Halo Reach site did it tell you this problem existed? I just replaced my old 360, and if I had known, I would have dropped the extra $$ for the 250Gb. This is such crap. Send me a 250Gb, I’ll ship you mine and pay the difference!!!

> 2 gigs might not be big enough to cache the files necessary. You can get 8-16 gigs fairly cheap from places like Tiger Direct or New Egg. However you may want to try searching the b.net forums, I am sure you are not the only person to experience this issue.

No flash drive is enough: for your consideration

I don’t think buying a HDD is a bad idea anyway, installing your games is super handy, and in almost all cases increases the time you spend playing the games you install. not to mention, the 250 gig is ENORMOUS and will last likely the lifespan of your console. The best option? Reach console. it’s sleek and very Halo-fied.