X1: slow install/updates that don't work

I have physical copy Halo MCC on x-box one. The game has played fine for months, but with the recent update my download was extremely slow and eventually after 12-15 hours stopped completely. As per the advice of x-box support, I was told to cancel and re-install the update, which I did successfully. This was however again really slow download taking around 15 hours. However, when starting the game, i was asked to re-install all the games again, this requires an installation of 30gb from the disc and around 70gb from the internet. This ended up taking over 60 hours. Worse of all the xbox one refused to continue the update unless the disc was in xbox, even if the disc installation was complete. Once the installation/update was complete, I started the game but the game said all the content was still missing and needed re-installation. However, the in-game installation screen said everything was installed. Re-installing everything again took another 60+ hours and once again required the disc in at all times. After the installation, the problem remained. Repeated one more time, and the problem continued. At this point in time, I’ve spent over 200 hours trying to be able play this game. I cannot play anything else without it pausing the update so essentially I cannot use my xbox one for anything else.

In regards to download speeds, I’m plugged in to lan connection, with around 20-30mbs according the xbox speed test. Other x-box one games install and update far faster then this MCC. Similarly, my PS4 installs/updates far faster. The problem is clearly with MCC. The game is installed on to the standard internal hard-drive, again hardrive does not appear to be the problem as other games install/play fine.

Do you have an external drive you can install to? Certain games will only work properly on either an external or internal drive, one of the many major faults of this generation.

> 2533274824050480;2:
> Do you have an external drive you can install to? Certain games will only work properly on either an external or internal drive, one of the many major faults of this generation.

Yes, I have an external hardrive. The game is currently (and always has been) installed to the internal. I will swoop the installs around and see if makes any difference.

Updated: Didn’t work, swooped it back around again, still didn’t work.

Contacted Xbox support. I was told to

1. Delete local save game data - This didn’t work
  2. Reset the console - This didn’t work

Xbox support have said I need to contact 343I Support, however they said they only way I could do so via this forum

Yes, I think it’s ludicrous that it takes so long for a game to update. But the worst thing is that you can’t use it at all until it updates. When Windows is updating, for instance, you can still use the OS. Why isn’t that the case with the MCC? And if there is no way round this, why doesn’t the game at least warn you in advance that an update is needed so you can update it later?
I had friends come round specially to play this game, and after turning on the Xbox MCC started to update and it was impossible to play. We had to cancel the whole thing.

> 2535449555840742;5:
>

<mark>Please don’t revive old topics, thank you.</mark>