WZFF 'Survival Mode'...No bosses, just infantry!

The maps in this mode are huge and fantastic…I just want them to be crawling with grunts/elites/soldiers…I want to have to fight for my spartan’s life as the hoards close in. I want the satisfaction of surviving an onslaught. I want a tough but fair fight.

Can we please have a ‘Survival Mode’ which goes back to Halo basics?
-Ever increasing enemy squad sizes.
-No bosses (This isn’t Command and Conquer–I propose a ban on power bars!)
-Vastly reduced or possibly no AI vehicles…I don’t want to fight six ghosts with my battle rifle!
-Possibly limited Spartan lives, recalling Reach’s superbly satisfying/skilled mode. Alternatively, unlimited respawns but huge rewards for surviving waves.

Please promote this thread if you agree!

That might be fun

I totally agree with this.

> 2535425797848251;1:
> The maps in this mode are huge and fantastic…I just want them to be crawling with grunts/elites/soldiers…I want to have to fight for my spartan’s life as the hoards close in. I want the satisfaction of surviving an onslaught. I want a tough but fair fight.
>
> Can we please have a ‘Survival Mode’ which goes back to Halo basics?
> -Ever increasing enemy squad sizes.
> -No bosses (This isn’t Command and Conquer–I propose a ban on power bars!)
> -No vehicles…I don’t want to fight six ghosts with my battle rifle!
> -Possibly limited Spartan lives, recalling Reach’s superbly satisfying/skilled mode.
>
> Please promote this thread if you agree!

I would love to see this happen i really enjoyed Reach style FF.

I’d play it, for sure.

In general a Classic Firefight. Yes okay that’ll be nice if that ever comes back.

Sounds interesting. Definitely need another wzff variant other than the weekend mythic.

This is 99% perfect - it gets to 100% if you throw in the option to play solo.

someone make it happen!

Yes, but this is most likely only gonna be a rotational thing, speaking of which…

WZ TURBO

Ive been wanting this since the start. Firefight aint the same with an overpowered arsenal of weapons and bosses that are nothing but req sponges.

My favorite round in Warzone Firefight is almost always round 1, before the game becomes “spawn a vehicle and stay way back.” So, yeah, “back to basics” sounds good, if it means not doing that.

I’d want survival rounds, but I think there should also be mission rounds. Mass Effect 3 proved to me that survival modes are infinitely more fun if they force you to keep mobile, even if only for a portion of the time.

Yea, survival is best and makes you feel more like a beast

This is a very good idea and would be very fun, that is until Hidden Reach gets into it and finds OP spots and survives for 3+ Hours setting a world record and getting 1,000,000 REQ points in the process.

I don’t own Halo 5 any more, but I agree.

> 2678033349858034;12:
> My favorite round in Warzone Firefight is almost always round 1, before the game becomes “spawn a vehicle and stay way back.” So, yeah, “back to basics” sounds good, if it means not doing that.
>
> I’d want survival rounds, but I think there should also be mission rounds. Mass Effect 3 proved to me that survival modes are infinitely more fun if they force you to keep mobile, even if only for a portion of the time.

This is spot on: Round 1 (and sometimes Round 2) tantalizes us with how good H5 firefight could be: an intense influx of ground troops that threaten to overwhelm the team…but with solid tactics, patience and skill you can take them down.

Your heart sinks in round 3 and beyond.

‘Survival Mode’ would tap into the classic Halo ethos of tense, split-second decision making, combined with addictive playability.

I think most of us want to spartan charge through a huddle of elites, rather than hang on the periphery of the map hacking away at Mr Eternal and his fun-free power bar.

But careful, though…Ten lives lost, and you’re gone!

But if you survive…super REQ rewards!

Let’s make this happen!!

It would be cool to see this, but I think we’re going to have to wait for halo 6. (Hopefully they do things offline this time)

<mark>This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not post spam.</mark>
*Original post. Click at your own discretion.

COOL

that basically hoard mode but yea id definitely play that

I was with you till you said no vehicles. That sounds kinda lame. Also Spartan lives, don’t know about that as people would more likely quit out if and when they ran out of lives.