WTF IS THE SPLIT SCREEn

I am a very dissatisfied customer I spent my money on Halo 5 only to find out that there is no split screen and I think that is ridiculously stupid because we waited like how long for a new Halo game to come out and y’all can’t even give a split screen so we can’t even play with our friends like my friends come over for us to have a gaming party and we have to pass around one controller that’s so irritating and its so stupid and I’m very dissatisfied and y’all need to fix it because I am never going to buy another Halo game again because I can’t believe y’all even did that like that like where is the split screen that’s so stupid

What model rock were you living under?
Im looking to buy one.

I hopes its worth it 343 lol! I enjoyed the freind couch and Xbox days lol now it’s all gone

Feels ya OP. It’s lame that they didn’t put it in. If they don’t do it for six they’re shootin’ themselves in the foot.

It is dumb. This is how most people started playing halo.

But it has been mentioned on forums many times before release.

I can understand going into the more depths of integrated future/online. I see nothing wrong with it though

Seriously theres no split screen? Wtf I am installing it as I type this. My son and I were going to play right away… well hes going to be disappointed. I am as well and may consider returning it as I have 12 days to do so.

Remember that scene in Dumb and Dumber where Jim Carrey is blown away that man landed on the moon?

Can’t agree more. I’m taking my game back unless they add split screen. There’s honestly one reason why I played Halo exclusively, split screen. Now that it’s gone, I don’t see how it’s better than Battlefield or CoD. Who cares about the 60 whatevers? I’m so disappointed.

At this point I honestly can’t fault 343. The removal of Splitscreen was all over the internet months in advance. If you’d followed the game you intended to spend $60 on you would have discovered this and gotten angry about it then. It’s a little late to complain after you’ve pre-ordered the game based on information you couldn’t be bothered to Google.

I mean, I’m with you. It shows just how skewed 343’s priorities are, but guys. We needed you to voice your opinion on the forums back when this was something we could fix! We could have had a better Halo all-round and given the developer’s more direct feedback if we’d had voices like yours. Numerous threads existed stating that no-one actually cared about Splitscreen because you guys didn’t say anything. On a kind of personal note, I have been one of your few representatives on this site, fighting against this change because I knew it would screw you guys over.

Now we’re all $60 poorer and it’s too late to play with our siblings/friends/spouses/children.

Where were you?

Even though its been known for a while that there was going to be no split screen co-op, they should have just done a setting dropping the frame rate to 30FPS while playing co-op. Just my thoughts on the subject.

I assumed a major feature would stay lol. So I didnt ever check on it…

I feel like this needs a slowpoke meme.

They said the reason they took it out was to preserve the 60fps. Well then why not just cap it at 30fps during splitscreen? So it will stay stable and feel nice. Do you think Halo 2 had 60fps split screen? Hell no, but it was the best halo game ever made. 343 still has time to patch it in, they plan on adding a -Yoink- ton to the game over the next few months anyways, they could probably add it along with the forge update in december even.

I gotta say this whole “lololololo they said that months ago, herp derp its your fault you idiot!” thing is really starting to annoy me.

Not everyone visit the forums and gaming media websites or twitter regularly, even if there were a million people (who planned to buy the game at release) actively seeking out information in relating to the game in the months leading up to release, and i seriously doubt its that high, it would still only people a fraction (admittedly a large one, but again i doubt it is that high) of people who are going to buy the game.

Even then its not guaranteed, I have a friend who is a little active on this stuff, but even he didn’t know about splitscreen or LAN until I told him about a month and half ago. It also doesn’t help that on this, the official forum, the mods have this genius idea to lock every thread on this issue except one, so even if someone did come here they might not even see the thread if it was on the 2nd or 3rd page.

Split-screen has been a very standard feature in every 1st person halo game to date, no one who didn’t actively seek it out could be reasonable expected to think that there was any way it would not be in the game.

> 2533274803006350;5:
> It is dumb. This is how most people started playing halo.
>
> But it has been mentioned on forums many times before release.

not everyone goes on the forums though… if you didn’t check here constantly or follow someone on youtube whos really into it you literally would have no idea

> 2533275023496211;1:
> I am a very dissatisfied customer I spent my money on Halo 5 only to find out that there is no split screen and I think that is ridiculously stupid because we waited like how long for a new Halo game to come out and y’all can’t even give a split screen so we can’t even play with our friends like my friends come over for us to have a gaming party and we have to pass around one controller that’s so irritating and its so stupid and I’m very dissatisfied and y’all need to fix it because I am never going to buy another Halo game again because I can’t believe y’all even did that like that like where is the split screen that’s so stupid

Where have been hiding for so long?

Feel free to use the splitscreen thread.