WTF is the point of REGICIDE?

Ok… LOGIC.

For being first place, you only get 10 points a kill. AND you glow so EVERYONE can -Yoink!- see you. For being 2nd place or ANYother place… you can get up to 35 points for a kill (killing the king).

So ANSWER ME… why would I want to be the king…

The king should get bonus points or something. -.- Make a FREEFORALL placelist that has Regicide in it WITH rumble pit, AND oddball AND king of the hill.

The overshield doesnt even matter! It takes 30 secs to get it and starts depleting immediately. Id rather be 2nd place :stuck_out_tongue: and get 35 points than 10

Yeah it is stupid so was headhunters.

Why is it called regicide, some fat guy named regi?

King gets overshield…

> King gets overshield…

So? It Doesnt even last. After you lose it then thats it, not to mention it depletes on its own. And it takes 30 seconds to even GET IT. Plus id rather be 2nd place and get 35 points a kill than 10 points a kill

This game is reeetarded.

Kills should count as 20 points while king

Regicide is what you get when a bunch of clueless 30+ year old game developers think they’re being “creative” and “innovating” a gametype that needs absolutely no changes.

> Yeah it is stupid so was headhunters.
>
>
>
> Why is it called regicide, some fat guy named regi?

headhunter was actually fun :P. And regicide is an actual definition. It means the killing of a king.

But the gametype is stupid.

> Ok… LOGIC.
>
> For being first place, you only get 10 points a kill. AND you glow so EVERYONE can -Yoink!- see you.
>
> For being 2nd place or ANYother place… you can get up to 35 points for a kill (killing the king).
>
> So ANSWER ME… why would I want to be the king…
>
> The king should get bonus points or something. -.- Make a FREEFORALL placelist that has Regicide in it WITH rumble pit, AND oddball AND king of the hill.

Agreed… its not worth it being the King. I think they should give points to the king (maybe 10-20) for every 15 seconds spent alive as King. And by that I mean if you die, the ticker is reset. You have to REMAIN alive as King to get the point bonus.

While the game type is fun, I can’t see why they can’t just place Regicide in a regular FFA playlist, alongside Slayer, Oddball, and KoTH. Is it because 343i thinks no one will choose it among the other game types in its current status?

Why not just make Regicide like Juggernaut, except with guns?

Logic is so rare it seems. You want to kill the King because he’s worth the most points. When you kill the king, you BECOME the king.

Why would that be hard to understand. You said it all in your original post and didn’t even realize it. You want to kill the king because he’s worth the most points by far. But when being the king, you’re now a target. Other people want to kill you. When they do, they now become the king.

The game mode is solid because there is always incentive and it feeds itself.

The sad part is that they seriously think this is how FFA Slayer should be played. Why do you think the FFA Throwback playlist features only Objective gametypes? Because 343 is butt-hurt and doesn’t want to see their crappy Regicide playlist (which they were parading pre-launch as a big addition) get dumped on by the FFA Slayer that everyone actually wants to play.

> Logic is so rare it seems. You want to kill the King because he’s worth the most points. When you kill the king, you BECOME the king.
>
> Why would that be hard to understand. You said it all in your original post and didn’t even realize it. You want to kill the king because he’s worth the most points by far. But when being the king, you’re now a target. Other people want to kill you. When they do, they now become the king.
>
> The game mode is solid because there is always incentive and it feeds itself.

Its not really solid if oyu have to explain it to me…
Whats the incentive to kill the king? There isn’t one. In juggernaut, you WANT to be juggernaut because he’s unstoppable and its fun. But when you win a game of regicide with only 3 kills… while the last place guy has 30… something is wrong.

> Logic is so rare it seems. You want to kill the King because he’s worth the most points. <mark>When you kill the king, you BECOME the king</mark>.
>
> Why would that be hard to understand. You said it all in your original post and didn’t even realize it. You want to kill the king because he’s worth the most points by far. But when being the king, you’re now a target. Other people want to kill you. When they do, they now become the king.
>

This isn’t true, you are king when you have the lead…
If I’m the King and I get killed, if I still have the lead, I am still King

FFA Oddball is terrible. One or two poor suckers going for the ball while 6 guys pad their K:D ratio. FFA Standard / King of the Hill / Regicide might make a good playlist though.

The point is to kill the King. People have this false belief that getting the most kills is going to win them the match.

I’ve had matches where I won with only 13 kills while others in that same match had 20+ kills.

The only problem I see with Regicide is that the King should receive more points per kill. Maybe 15 or 20. This would give people more incentive on becoming the King.

For the people saying that “they” believe this is how FFA should be played. You’re wrong. This is their new game type for FFA. They never said Regicide is a replacement for FFA. Fall back bump your head and chillax. We haven’t even scratched the surface of playlist updates.

> Logic is so rare it seems. You want to kill the King because he’s worth the most points. When you kill the king, you BECOME the king.
>
>

Logic is so rare? Do you even know what a King IS?

A King is something that someone strives out to be because there is power associated with it. In Regicide, you are PUNISHED for being the King. PUNISHED. There is absolutely no incentive to want to be the King when in reality the guy who can stick around in 2nd/3rd place the entire game is in a flat-out better position to WIN the game.

You’re calling someone else out for logic? Regicide is absolutely ridiculous. It is the only gametype I’ve ever seen where the STRATEGY for victory is “do good, but not too good”.

> FFA Oddball is terrible. One or two poor suckers going for the ball while 6 guys pad their K:D ratio. FFA Standard / King of the Hill / Regicide might make a good playlist though.

Let them pad, there’s no Commendation for k/d or losing lol.

>
>

You do know that is NOT how regicide works…

The person with the most points in the game is the King, so it’s an advantage to kill the king since you’ll be getting “more bang for your buck” so to speak. That being said, Regicide is dumb as hell.

Also: Regicide means “to kill the king” if you were curious.

-Miller

> > Logic is so rare it seems. You want to kill the King because he’s worth the most points. <mark>When you kill the king, you BECOME the king</mark>.
> >
> > Why would that be hard to understand. You said it all in your original post and didn’t even realize it. You want to kill the king because he’s worth the most points by far. But when being the king, you’re now a target. Other people want to kill you. When they do, they now become the king.
> >
> > The game mode is solid because there is always incentive and it feeds itself.
>
> This isn’t true, you are king when you have the lead…
> If I’m the King and I get killed, if I still have the lead, I am still King

My mistake…

I won a regicide game with 28 kills totaling 305 points, 2nd place came in at 295 points and 17 kills.

This doesn’t seem right?

>
>

The problem with the game type is that those who dominate the entire match still have a chance to lose to a scrub who had a negative K/D because he had numerous regicides, all worth 15-35 points. Meanwhile, the King is only getting 10 points per kill and has to deal with everyone knowing where he is at all times.

If the King is well ahead of the competition and racks up the bounty, he becomes worth 35 points. So lets say I’m winning with 200 points and the next player has 50 points. I’ve amounted the max bounty, but I still need 9 kills to win (excluding assists and other point factors). Meanwhile if that player with 50 points kills me 4 times, he already has taken the lead. And that scenario is not too far-fetched. It’s happened to me numerous of times. The bounty and waypoint over the King’s head even gives those who came in late in the game a chance to steal a victory from someone who deserved it more (I’ve done this too).

The most effective strategy is to shadow the King and when you are close to winning, get the MAX Regicide bonus (which is 45 points) to win the game. So why play a game where you are conservative and are better off not leading the entire game until the very end?