wtf is red vs blue now?

i started watching red vs blue again and i am on season 14. but this season is full of animation and scenes that has nothing to do with the main story. the latest episode for example does not even have a single character from the series (the one thats set in a nightclub) i just don’t see the series surviving for much longer if they keep this up.

anyway… im just wondering, do any of you know why they are taking this turn for season 14? has it got something to do with the main story, or is it just random mini stories. because i’m confused…

> 2535458359468223;1:
> i started watching red vs blue again and i am on season 14. but this season is full of animation and scenes that has nothing to do with the main story. the latest episode for example does not even have a single character from the series (the one thats set in a nightclub) i just don’t see the series surviving for much longer if they keep this up.
>
> anyway… im just wondering, do any of you know why they are taking this turn for season 14? has it got something to do with the main story, or is it just random mini stories. because i’m confused…

Um… Locus and Felix? The villains from the final 3 seasons?

> 2533274844984484;2:
> > 2535458359468223;1:
> > i started watching red vs blue again and i am on season 14. but this season is full of animation and scenes that has nothing to do with the main story. the latest episode for example does not even have a single character from the series (the one thats set in a nightclub) i just don’t see the series surviving for much longer if they keep this up.
> >
> > anyway… im just wondering, do any of you know why they are taking this turn for season 14? has it got something to do with the main story, or is it just random mini stories. because i’m confused…
>
>
> Um… Locus and Felix? The villains from the final 3 seasons?

sorry bro, have not really paid much attention to the series since the end of season 10. been pretty bad since then

Before the season even began, Rooster Teeth stated that Red vs Blue Season 14 would be a bunch of short arcs focusing on particular characters and providing pieces of backstory using different forms of animation. The latest episode is centered around Locus and Felix, as JOLTLORD said. In Season 15, they will be continuing from where they left off in Season 13.

I’ve been asking wtf happened to it since they started animating everything.

> 2535437652903765;4:
> Before the season even began, Rooster Teeth stated that Red vs Blue Season 14 would be a bunch of short arcs focusing on particular characters and providing pieces of backstory using different forms of animation. The latest episode is centered around Locus and Felix, as JOLTLORD said. In Season 15, they will be continuing from where they left off in Season 13.

thankgod!!! cant stand these side stories

To answer your question OP:

What happened to Red Vs Blue? Season 14 is an attempt to stall the writing of the show because after Monty Oum passed away, the lead animator to Red vs Blue and the worlds best corigrapher in the business, they sort of wound up stranded without any means to tell their story any further. Recently there has been a rumor that the animation team at RoosterTeeth hasnt been able to find a replacement and are struggling to meet the criteria they have set up, and started to canibilaze all the unused animations Monty hasn’t gotten around to using since he started recording stuff YEARS AGO.

Recently it it was found out that at the end of season 12 for red vs blue and the end of season 2 for RWBY Monty had already made the basic animations and recording for season 13 and 3, they just had not been perfected yet.

Season 14 of red vs blue called in for help by asking fans to come in and direct episodes. Many people believe this is so they can buy some time to find a decent animation lead before they run out of material that Monty had stored away.

Lastly I see a few People in hear saying they didn’t like anything after season 10, well I dont know what you guys are smoking but season 11-13 has had the best story, characters, and development So far. Sorry you don’t like it, and the 3-D animations make the show feel way more action packed.

> 2533274807881644;7:
> Lastly I see a few People in hear saying they didn’t like anything after season 10, well I dont know what you guys are smoking but season 11-13 has had the best story, characters, and development So far. Sorry you don’t like it, and the 3-D animations make the show feel way more action packed.

I personally believe the Freelancer arc was much better.

season 14 is a prequel

I just find it amusing that before Monty, they were perfectly capable of writing and telling a story as well as producing an awesome series. So now they can’t without the fancy animation?

I miss the days of simplicity in RvB, when everything they did was what was possible in-game, recording via a HUD-less player. I only watched the first three or four seasons, but after hearing what’s been changing, and how there are countless new characters, I don’t think I will go very far if i decide to re-watch it. Granted,OP, the original first seasons also had a bunch of short story arcs. But I worry if RvB is getting too big for itself, getting super fancy with animation and so forth. Losing the charm. But, this is just my personal opinion, and I am fine with other people enjoying the new stuff.

> 2533274807881644;7:
> To answer your question OP:
>
> What happened to Red Vs Blue? Season 14 is an attempt to stall the writing of the show because after Monty Oum passed away, the lead animator to Red vs Blue and the worlds best corigrapher in the business, they sort of wound up stranded without any means to tell their story any further. Recently there has been a rumor that the animation team at RoosterTeeth hasnt been able to find a replacement and are struggling to meet the criteria they have set up, and started to canibilaze all the unused animations Monty hasn’t gotten around to using since he started recording stuff YEARS AGO.
>
> Recently it it was found out that at the end of season 12 for red vs blue and the end of season 2 for RWBY Monty had already made the basic animations and recording for season 13 and 3, they just had not been perfected yet.
>
> Season 14 of red vs blue called in for help by asking fans to come in and direct episodes. Many people believe this is so they can buy some time to find a decent animation lead before they run out of material that Monty had stored away.
>
> Lastly I see a few People in hear saying they didn’t like anything after season 10, well I dont know what you guys are smoking but season 11-13 has had the best story, characters, and development So far. Sorry you don’t like it, and the 3-D animations make the show feel way more action packed.

Red vs blue is not stalling because Monty passed away. Monty hasn’t animated for red card blue since season 10, they already have different animators for red vs blue in season 12 and 13, so they’re not using any of Montys old animation.
Againg Monty didn’t animate at all for season 12 and 13, so I don’t know where you’re getting this information from
They already had new animators for red vs blue, why would they create more animated episodes if they’re trying to stall to find new animators to replace Monty even though he hasn’t worked on red vs blue since season 10?

> 2533274887950450;11:
> I miss the days of simplicity in RvB, when everything they did was what was possible in-game, recording via a HUD-less player. I only watched the first three or four seasons, but after hearing what’s been changing, and how there are countless new characters, I don’t think I will go very far if i decide to re-watch it. Granted,OP, the original first seasons also had a bunch of short story arcs. But I worry if RvB is getting too big for itself, getting super fancy with animation and so forth. Losing the charm. But, this is just my personal opinion, and I am fine with other people enjoying the new stuff.

Exactly this, you said it a lot better then I did.

> 2728966917073343;13:
> > 2533274887950450;11:
> > I miss the days of simplicity in RvB, when everything they did was what was possible in-game, recording via a HUD-less player. I only watched the first three or four seasons, but after hearing what’s been changing, and how there are countless new characters, I don’t think I will go very far if i decide to re-watch it. Granted,OP, the original first seasons also had a bunch of short story arcs. But I worry if RvB is getting too big for itself, getting super fancy with animation and so forth. Losing the charm. But, this is just my personal opinion, and I am fine with other people enjoying the new stuff.
>
>
> Exactly this, you said it a lot better then I did.

It was quite impressive, what they were capable with doing by just using the game itself. Made it more amusing.

I still will always love episodes 39 and 40 (I think those were the #s? “Best Laid Plans” was the name of one. So damn hilarious. And then the one where Red and Blue have to plant a bomb in O’Malley’s base. XD )

My favorite will always be Seasons 1 to 5. Love the humor and simplicity of them.

> 2533274807881644;7:
> To answer your question OP:
>
> What happened to Red Vs Blue? Season 14 is an attempt to stall the writing of the show because after Monty Oum passed away, the lead animator to Red vs Blue and the worlds best corigrapher in the business, they sort of wound up stranded without any means to tell their story any further. Recently there has been a rumor that the animation team at RoosterTeeth hasnt been able to find a replacement and are struggling to meet the criteria they have set up, and started to canibilaze all the unused animations Monty hasn’t gotten around to using since he started recording stuff YEARS AGO.
>
> Recently it it was found out that at the end of season 12 for red vs blue and the end of season 2 for RWBY Monty had already made the basic animations and recording for season 13 and 3, they just had not been perfected yet.
>
> Season 14 of red vs blue called in for help by asking fans to come in and direct episodes. Many people believe this is so they can buy some time to find a decent animation lead before they run out of material that Monty had stored away.
>

You need to check yourself before you wreck yourself.

It was announced months before the start of Season 14 that it would be an anthology of short stories in different mediums with outside talent directing the episodes. This has nothing to do with the open letter discussing Monty, the contents of which have never been directly addressed by a member of the company. As someone else has stated in this thread, Monty was exclusively dedicated to working on RWBY in recent years, so his departure had nothing to do with the turn of the series. Their animation team has risen to the challenge of that void in the company as evidenced by their “Summer of Animation” which has featured two new shows, RWBY Chibi and Camp Camp.

This season’s anthology format was necessitated by Miles, the lead writer for RVB since Burnie decided to focus elsewhere in the company after season 10, being worn thin by writing the Chorus arc. They’ve been able to fill in some plot holes along the way and give other content creators a chance to give their spin on the RVB universe, and while some episodes have been better than others, I for one, have thoroughly enjoyed sightseeing on this detour.

The only part of your post that I even remotely agree with is your opinion on the Chorus arc in Seasons 11-13. They needed to rebound from the incredible emotional drain and resource hog that was Season 10, and they did that with aplomb.

For those complaining about animation, did you miss the return to CE machinima for the origin of the Blood Gulch crew in the direct aftermath of the downfall of Freelancer? Did you miss the live action trailer for The #1 Movie in the Galaxy: 3 that featured members of the 405th directed by Freddie Wong of Rocket Jump? I know my favorite episode so far has been the live action Mega Bloks episode The Brick Gulch Chronicles. The animation style for the past two episodes, Club and Call, that have started to tell the origin story for Felix and Locus, has been utterly incredible. I never thought I’d see anything like that come out of RT animation, and I’m really glad they got a chance to show off that incredible talent.

I get that there’s a ton of confusion out there right now, and this season hasn’t been well-received by and large, but let’s all try to give RT the benefit of the doubt and keep the misinformation to a minimum, shall we?

I watched the first couple of seasons with the wife and she laughed quite a bit, we really need to get back to it.

> 2533274887950450;14:
> > 2728966917073343;13:
> > > 2533274887950450;11:
> > > I miss the days of simplicity in RvB, when everything they did was what was possible in-game, recording via a HUD-less player. I only watched the first three or four seasons, but after hearing what’s been changing, and how there are countless new characters, I don’t think I will go very far if i decide to re-watch it. Granted,OP, the original first seasons also had a bunch of short story arcs. But I worry if RvB is getting too big for itself, getting super fancy with animation and so forth. Losing the charm. But, this is just my personal opinion, and I am fine with other people enjoying the new stuff.
> >
> >
> > Exactly this, you said it a lot better then I did.
>
>
> It was quite impressive, what they were capable with doing by just using the game itself. Made it more amusing.
>
> I still will always love episodes 39 and 40 (I think those were the #s? “Best Laid Plans” was the name of one. So damn hilarious. And then the one where Red and Blue have to plant a bomb in O’Malley’s base. XD )

20, 39, and 80 are probably my favorites. 39 had me rolling at the pacifier dialogue. I had Vic’s VM as my voicemail for the longest time before I started taking work calls on my cell. Stupid clients…I want my VM back.

> 2728966917073343;18:
> > 2533274887950450;14:
> > > 2728966917073343;13:
> > > > 2533274887950450;11:
> > > > I miss the days of simplicity in RvB, when everything they did was what was possible in-game, recording via a HUD-less player. I only watched the first three or four seasons, but after hearing what’s been changing, and how there are countless new characters, I don’t think I will go very far if i decide to re-watch it. Granted,OP, the original first seasons also had a bunch of short story arcs. But I worry if RvB is getting too big for itself, getting super fancy with animation and so forth. Losing the charm. But, this is just my personal opinion, and I am fine with other people enjoying the new stuff.
> > >
> > >
> > > Exactly this, you said it a lot better then I did.
> >
> >
> > It was quite impressive, what they were capable with doing by just using the game itself. Made it more amusing.
> >
> > I still will always love episodes 39 and 40 (I think those were the #s? “Best Laid Plans” was the name of one. So damn hilarious. And then the one where Red and Blue have to plant a bomb in O’Malley’s base. XD )
>
>
> 20, 39, and 80 are probably my favorites. 39 had me rolling at the pacifier dialogue. I had Vic’s VM as my voicemail for the longest time before I started taking work calls on my cell. Stupid clients…I want my VM back.

There were some of the best Caboose lines in those episodes (in my opinion). XD

Sarge: “Come over here and give me a boost!”
Caboose: “Okay! You are a good person, and people say nice things about you!”
Sarge: “Not a morale boost, a physical one! I need to see what’s in that window!”
Caboose: “That window is very high. I don’t think I can reach it. Also, my head is round, and that window is square!”
Sarge: “What do you see?”
Caboose: “I see some walls…and some ceilings… Wait! Only one ceiling!”

OMFG… XD

> 2533274887950450;19:
> > 2728966917073343;18:
> > > 2533274887950450;14:
> > > > 2728966917073343;13:
> > > > > 2533274887950450;11:
> > > > > I miss the days of simplicity in RvB, when everything they did was what was possible in-game, recording via a HUD-less player. I only watched the first three or four seasons, but after hearing what’s been changing, and how there are countless new characters, I don’t think I will go very far if i decide to re-watch it. Granted,OP, the original first seasons also had a bunch of short story arcs. But I worry if RvB is getting too big for itself, getting super fancy with animation and so forth. Losing the charm. But, this is just my personal opinion, and I am fine with other people enjoying the new stuff.
> > > >
> > > >
> > > > Exactly this, you said it a lot better then I did.
> > >
> > >
> > > It was quite impressive, what they were capable with doing by just using the game itself. Made it more amusing.
> > >
> > > I still will always love episodes 39 and 40 (I think those were the #s? “Best Laid Plans” was the name of one. So damn hilarious. And then the one where Red and Blue have to plant a bomb in O’Malley’s base. XD )
> >
> >
> > 20, 39, and 80 are probably my favorites. 39 had me rolling at the pacifier dialogue. I had Vic’s VM as my voicemail for the longest time before I started taking work calls on my cell. Stupid clients…I want my VM back.
>
>
> There were some of the best Caboose lines in those episodes (in my opinion). XD
>
> Sarge: “Come over here and give me a boost!”
> Caboose: “Okay! You are a good person, and people say nice things about you!”
> Sarge: “Not a morale boost, a physical one! I need to see what’s in that window!”
> Caboose: “That window is very high. I don’t think I can reach it. Also, my head is round, and that window is square!”
> Sarge: “What do you see?”
> Caboose: “I see some walls…and some ceilings… Wait! Only one ceiling!”
>
> OMFG… XD

haha yes and can’t forget:

Caboose: Look - more sleeping people! It must be nap time. But who has nap time now? Nap time comes before pants time, not after. I think these people are just making up times.