Wrongful Ban

I’ve been banned from matchmaking for “leaving too many matches?” I’ve been playing for 3 hours and have left 1 (maybe 2) matches, so im going to safely call BS. How do I get this fixed.

remember its cumulative. even if you only quit once or twice today, you may have had way too many quits in the past and those one or two pushed you into enforcement territory.

i highly doubt its a wrongful ban.

EDIT: you have 130 incomplete games and 833 complete. this looks well deserved.

Thats ridiculous. Not to mention I got the notice in the middle of a match (which cost me a perfection medal) about 3 games after I quit my last match. Fix your game 343.

> Fix your game 343.

there is nothing to fix. its working as intended to enforce the quit ban so people do not have their games ruined by people who habitually quit.

just stop quitting and you wont have to worry about it.

There is nothing to fix. Out of your last 25 games, you quit 10.

When kids are constantly and obviously betraying you because you got to a vehicle first, and then there’s no prompt to boot them, there’s plenty of reason to quit. And there’s PLENTY to fix with this game, the majority will agree with me.

> there’s PLENTY to fix with this game

while i agree with this statement, there is nothing to fix regarding the quit ban. that is controlled by you and you alone. if you stop quitting you will never get a quit ban.

and i agree the boot system needs an overhaul but the fact is if you want to quit you may do so but be prepared for the consequences.

Godsmith, it is your choice to quit. But remember, you cannot blame other players for you quitting, only for ruining your experience. It is your hand on the controller, and thus you must reap what your actions have wrought.

> When kids are constantly and obviously betraying you because you got to a vehicle first, and then there’s no prompt to boot them, there’s plenty of reason to quit. And there’s PLENTY to fix with this game, the majority will agree with me.

Betray them back or pick a playlist where there is no friendly fire. Getting upset because you got caught breaking the rules is not grounds that the rules are wrong. They are put into place because the majority of players’ fun is ruined when their team quits out and leaves them stranded.

If people didn’t have a knee-jerk reaction to quit when the first thing doesn’t go their way, they wouldn’t be banned for quitting. Out of your last 25 games you quit 40% of them! 40%!

Who cares the ban is for an hour. People who get mad over a 1 hour quit ban are ridiculous. You know you did something wrong and you’re given a little time out. Go do something else for an hour.

This post has been edited by a moderator. Please refrain from making non-constructive posts.

*Original post. Click at your own discretion.

I see the 343 sycophants are in full force. When betraying someone back is a better reaction than leaving to find a game with more sportsmanlike players, thats one of the many ways you know your game is broken. Sorry.

> This post has been edited by a moderator. Please refrain from making non-constructive posts.

Im not really sure i follow.
So, you dont consider killing your team mates if they killed you and stole your weapon/vehicle, but rather, you quit?
How is it easier to quit than just go and kill your team mate and continue doing what you were doing?

And, as it was already stated, the game isnt broken when it comes to quit bans, its your own choice.

You cant say that if you take drugs and they ruin your life, that is the drugs fault. Its yours, since you took it.

And we are to take your word for it that you were not provoking other players to betray you or that you are a paragon of sportsmenlike conduct? When people get this upset over bans of any kind, they tend to have something to hide and never tell the full story.

> This post has been edited by a moderator. Please refrain from making non-constructive posts.

I barely ever quit and i barely ever get betrayed. If you’re quitting a lot I don’t buy that its because you are always getting betrayed. I play with randoms all the time.

> When kids are constantly and obviously betraying you because you got to a vehicle first, and then there’s no prompt to boot them, there’s plenty of reason to quit. And there’s PLENTY to fix with this game, the majority will agree with me.

I hate Halo 4’s changes as much as the next guy, but I don’t see your point. What do you want? To quit without penalty? That’s almost as bad of an idea as Random Ordnance.

There’s a lot in Halo 4 that needs fixing, but quit penalties isn’t one of them. In my opinion, quit penalties should be harsher than they are now. If you don’t want to be penalized, don’t quit.

> This post has been edited by a moderator. Please refrain from making non-constructive posts.

Or, you know, you could move on, NOT screw over your entire team, and maybe send a PM to the betrayer after the game, along with submitting a negative Player Review and/or Report.

Chronic quitting is a toxic playstyle, and you totally deserve to be punished for it. Accept responsibility.

I’ve got mixed feelings over the quitting penalty. On one hand I usually play BTB or Heavies alone and as such I’ve experienced any and every form of abusive teammates; from the vehicle plasma pistolers, to the power weapon hungry trolls that do anything to get me killed - usually trying to get me to betray them or damaging me before I engage in combat. As such I disagree with anyone who thinks quitting is always detrimental to the team. When these abusive teammates are on the team, the whole team suffers and will usually always lose should they remain throughout the entire game. Having those teammates booted or having them quit out typically increases the team’s chances of winning. Sometimes these teammates are replaced and even if they’re not, the missing teammate in these larger battles is not really a big disadvantage anyway; especially in slayer variants.

I’ve also been known to back out of a few of these games due to those aforementioned abusive teammate scenarios. If there are abusive teammates on the team, I in no way feel obligated to remain on the team at all. Heavies was so bad for this the other night I caught the good ole 1 hour ban for quitting. Don’t care and would do the same thing if I could go back in time. I will also continue to quit out without regard to the team or to the ban hammer if I encounter abusive teammates in the future. I guess the best solution for you OP would be to go into games with players that are on your friends list that you know.

For the aforementioned reasons I entirely disagree with Vektor0’s statement that quit penalties should be harsher

BTW Vektor0 is tough to understand -

> There’s a lot in Halo 4 that needs fixing, but quit penalties isn’t one of them. In my opinion, quit penalties should be harsher than they are now.

Here he stated that quit penalties don’t need to be fixed then contradicted himself in the next sentence by claiming quit penalties should be harsher. Wishy-washy mentality.

Either way, I think it’s best to just forget about “fixing” Halo 4 and look towards Halo Xbox One to improve gameplay.

Deleted

What you claim as a wrongful ban is not at all. If you quit a lot, you will be banned. That is how the system was intended to work. The game is not broken at all in this aspect. If you don’t want to get banned don’t quit as many matches. Yeah people can be annoying while playing but that doesn’t always warrant a quit.