Wrapping my head around the ending

spoilers obviously…

Making sure I’m on the same page as everyone, how did Chief survive a nuclear blast? Did Cortana shield him with the light bridge? The cinematic after makes it look like he’s standing in a box made from the light bridge.

Cortana somehow learned that she could manipulate the Hard-Light, pretty much allowing her to do anything she wanted. She’s been in Forerunner systems a dozen times, yet she just then realized that.

Deus Ex Machina, AWAAAAAAY!

Do you guys think Cortana is really dead? Is still think there will be a way they bring her back in Halo 5 but I don’t know.

After years of watching Doctor Who, you can bring anyone back with clever enough writing.

> After years of watching Doctor Who, you can bring anyone back with clever enough writing.

Well, Cortana did split herself into numerous copies. I’m not sure if she fragmented herself, or if she actually copied herself using the program she got from that Covenant AI in First Strike.

If it’s the latter, part of the Didact’s ship’s networking could’ve survived, and her first copy (which would’ve been the most functional), could possibly have survived as well. Actually, this reminds me of Red vs Blue, where Church is revealed to be the Alpha AI, but he “dies” in an EMP. Later, Alpha’s fragment, Epsilon, adopts Church’s personality and effectively becomes him.