Wraiths and other vehicles

I’ve been trying to keep to the middle ground on Halo 4 and not lean too far in either direction on the game. It’s got good points, and its got bad points, just like any other game out there.

But I’m really getting fed up catching Ops missions which were obviously developed by some chucklehead who really and truely believes that to make the missions “more” challanging they have to do stuff like stick their OP units on the map and then give the player ZIP to fight them with.

If they had actually hired a developer or a real play tester for the game then 343 might have had it pointed out to them that if your going to put wraith tanks on the map, then it’s a good idea to balance that by putting a rocket launcher out there someplace for a solo player to use to take them out.

Instead what we get in the missions are racks and racks of anti-personal weapons to fight vehicles and aircraft, and then anti-vehicle/armor weapons to fight infantry…

What the…?

If you put me on a map full of corridors and that I can throw a grenade from one side to the other 343 I don’t NEED a sniper rifle I need a shotgun, but I can count on finding snipers laying in the corners. If I have a banshee in the air over my head I NEED a rocket tube, not a warthog that I can’t find a marine to operate the gun turrent on.

Did you guys decide on the map weapons by drawing numbers from a hat? Because most of the time thats what it feels like you did.

Oh and another question. Which guy is it that thinks the answer to making something challanging in a fight is to equip 90% of the forces on the map with one shot kill weapons like fuel rod guns on the covies and binary rifles on the knights? Newsflash that doesn’t make things challanging for the players, it makes it TEDIOUS to deal with!

For future referance here’s how you tell the difference, if a player manages to take down a half dozen fuel rod packing grunts and feels a sense of accomplishment, then thats Challanging, if they manage to take down a half dozen fuel rod packing grunts and say “Thank GOD thats over with” then it was Tedious. Get the difference?

Challanging is replayable, tedious you put in a different game.

Rabble rabbl rabble.

Alhough some of it is tedious I think overall Spartan Ops is fun and is designed to be played as a team.

Somebody doesn’t know how to board a wraith. :frowning:

Rockets make it a wee bit easy.

Thank you! I couldn’t agree more, it feels like spartan Ops revolves around this idea of Palmer’s obnoxious “Hey, here’s something to shoot so you can save some stupid scientists, and then go over there and press this button, oh hey! More stuff to shoot!” Although the storyline for it is getting pretty good.

Yes it’s designed to be played as a team effort, but since only the newest epsiode is available for team play each week, it would have been common sense for them to set the missions up for single player also.

Instead, they hired some developer and a play tester that need to be working at a fast food place flipping burgers for all the skills they have at good game developement and who blindly decided that the answer to an entertaining game was to stock it with unstoppable waves of super powered units that the player would not have the equipment to deal with and whom all were equipped with the biggest, baddest weapons their forces had so the player had to die 15 or 25 teams trying to complete the missions solo.

Do they honestly think thats what people find challanging and entertaining?

Spartan Ops: Meant for a Co-operative experience.

You are therefore meant to have someone be driving the hog. I’ve played every episode so far and haven’t once encountered a wraith and thought “wow I don’t have any way to take this out!”

Heck they give you the option to spawn with a plasma pistol…if you somehow can’t find one from the countless grunts I’m sure you took out.

EDIT: Almost forgot, I solo’d the very first mission on legendary. You know, the one with a ton of wraiths, ghosts, elites and grunts with fuel rods, and hunters? I still don’t see the problem with how the missions are set up. Sure they might not be your cup of tea, but they aren’t broken.

> Somebody doesn’t know how to board a wraith. :frowning:
>
> Rockets make it a wee bit easy.

Listen chucklehead I was boarding wraiths since the day that abilty came out, when you have three of the damn things on the map at the same time all blasting at you then if you BOARDING a wraith is a freaking moot point since your going to get plasma blasted off it before you can plant a grenade by the OTHER two wraiths out there, in confunction with the 15 fuel rods flying in your direction.

I would like a boot option for players just sitting idle or the -Yoink- heads that grab the ghost or warthogs and run you and everyone else over just so they can splatter the enemy. Shooting away and some -Yoink- runs you over. Sometimes it happens by accident but consistently in the same game is BS. You still have motion tracker while in vehicle so you can see allies around you. And you can’t kill them. Grenades, shooting, nothing kicks them out. And the constant reuse of maps every week is low on the creative end. You tell me they couldn’t have created maps just for Spartan OPs? Then I would give them more credit. At least Firefight had limited lives to make it a challenge, and custom options. Play it solo on legendary kids, you can’t fail in Spartan OPs. You’re rewarded for being mediocre. Its good on paper, the execution is faulty. Its juvenile in storytelling at most. The cut scenes are great but thats about it. Oh and that it heaps out XP.

> Spartan Ops: Meant for a Co-operative experience.
>
> You are therefore meant to have someone be driving the hog. I’ve played every episode so far and haven’t once encountered a wraith and thought “wow I don’t have any way to take this out!”
>
> Heck they give you the option to spawn with a plasma pistol…if you somehow can’t find one from the countless grunts I’m sure you took out.
>
> EDIT: Almost forgot, I solo’d the very first mission on legendary. You know, the one with a ton of wraiths, ghosts, elites and grunts with fuel rods, and hunters? I still don’t see the problem with how the missions are set up. Sure they might not be your cup of tea, but they aren’t broken.

I’ve done the first 10 on legendary solo, I’ve done the campaign solo and co-op on legendary.

I’m getting sick of getting dropped into missions forced to carry a load out thats compatible for war games, then being offered weapons to fight with that are completely out of freaking context for the mission assignment that they give you to accomplish.

If they had play tested the game, if they had hired an actual game developer with a since of game balance, then their solution to making things challanging on every Ops map wouldnt have been “lets drop in MORE enemies with BIGGER guns, yeah the players love that stuff!”

> > Spartan Ops: Meant for a Co-operative experience.
> >
> > You are therefore meant to have someone be driving the hog. I’ve played every episode so far and haven’t once encountered a wraith and thought “wow I don’t have any way to take this out!”
> >
> > Heck they give you the option to spawn with a plasma pistol…if you somehow can’t find one from the countless grunts I’m sure you took out.
> >
> > EDIT: Almost forgot, I solo’d the very first mission on legendary. You know, the one with a ton of wraiths, ghosts, elites and grunts with fuel rods, and hunters? I still don’t see the problem with how the missions are set up. Sure they might not be your cup of tea, but they aren’t broken.
>
> I’ve done the first 10 on legendary solo, I’ve done the campaign solo and co-op on legendary.
>
> I’m getting sick of getting dropped into missions forced to carry a load out thats compatible for war games, then being offered weapons to fight with that are completely out of freaking context for the mission assignment that they give you to accomplish.
>
> If they had play tested the game, if they had hired an actual game developer with a since of game balance, then their solution to making things challanging on every Ops map wouldnt have been “lets drop in MORE enemies with BIGGER guns, yeah the players love that stuff!”

Truly sorry, but can you give me an example? The best I can think of is being given rockets and railguns on Cleanup; but these still help greatly.

When faced with wraiths I have been able to easily find something to eliminate them with.

The guass hog and endless wraiths on Land grab, Fuel rods on Shootout in Valhalla, and plasma pistol loadout. There is often rockets and fuel rods scattered around as well.

May I ask what your exact loadout is for SpOps?

Firepower
Auto-sentry
AR
DMR

I don’t bother looking for weapons on the ground usually since everything despawns so fast after its dropped if your not standing directly on top of it then you’ll never reach it anyway. Another over sight on the part of 343 that would have been caught in production if they had bothered getting a decent head of development or a play tested the thing.

> Firepower
> Auto-sentry
> AR
> DMR
>
> I don’t bother looking for weapons on the ground usually since everything despawns so fast after its dropped if your not standing directly on top of it then you’ll never reach it anyway. Another over sight on the part of 343 that would have been caught in production if they had bothered getting a decent head of development or a play tested the thing.

Not a bad loadout, may I suggest you give:
BR
Plasma pistol
plasma grenades
jetpack
shielding or mobility
Gunner (pathfinder) [If not available then ammo or dexterity

-The BR is good for taking out infantry, really good infact, and has good ammo (especially with the ammo upgrade).

-The plasma pistol will help you with elites and vehicles greatly.

-Plasma nades are my personal favourite but will help with ghost killing

-Jetpack will help you get above enemies or to ammo boxes/weapons faster

-Shielding to keep you alive, but I personally go with mobility so I can run in and board a vehicle or get to cover without worrying about sprint dying.

-Gunner really helps with machine gun hogs and mounted turrets. Before I unlocked it I used dexterity to help with the plasma pistol use.