Wow, skulls were not very hard to get.

I got CEA a little late thats why I’m now just posting this. Anyway, yea the hardest one was the bandana skull which only took me less than 5 min. Everything else was hardly hidden.

I don’t really recall the other skulls being particularly hard to acquire.

The skulls usually aren’t that hard to find… have you played Halo 2/3 before?

> I don’t really recall the other skulls being particularly hard to acquire.

I dunno, H2’s GBP skull was pretty hidden. Unless it’s standard procedure to always fly to the dark corners of a giant area in a banshee away from everything else to find a skull.

Sure, a couple of them weren’t glaringly obvious, but there’s one in Halo 3 that the Flood form basically throws at you from the top of a building.

> Sure, a couple of them weren’t glaringly obvious, but there’s one in Halo 3 that the Flood form basically throws at you from the top of a building.

-Yoink!- if you do, -Yoink!- if ya don’t.

I can see rage threads of people QQ’ing if bungie/343 made it “too hard” to find skulls, and here we have the reverse.

Just makes me think “Yo dawg i herd u like 2 complain so i put a complain in yo complain so u can complain while u complaining”.

lol

Yo dawg, I heard you like finding skulls, so we put tiny skulls in the skulls so you can find more skulls when you find skulls.

So they aren’t hard to find huh?

Shishka, I am dissapoint.

They’re not hard to find, so to speak, but they’re all in places where you wouldn’t go for any reason.

Like, the one on 343. Its not difficult to get to it at all, but then you’re like, “why in the hell am I in this corner of the map behind a tree in the first place?”

I’m still looking for most of them. I’m trying my best to resist using videos or guides to find them. It’s much more difficult that way.

I will be looking for the skulls on my second play through, atm i am just playing through the campaign on legendary. Its a shame to hear that the skulls are easy to find. I was hoping they would require trick jumping, and getting to really hard places. The IWHBYD was a tough skull to get in Halo 3, in fact most of the Halo 3 skulls were fairly tough. Halo 2 skulls were even harder.

They were never really hard to “find” in the other games, just hard to “get to” because for Halo 2, most required you had to be on Legendary, and Halo 3 you had to at least be on normal (I think). It probably would’ve been more of a challenge if they required you to be on a higher difficulty to achieve the skulls, which I wish they did.

Oh, there’s some trick jump skulls and a couple that you really have to go out of your way to 1. find and 2. acquire.

They’re not all walk-ups.

Agreed. I wish they were more hidden, same with the Terminals. The first one on PoA is LITERALLY in a corner. Wish they had at least one to be as hard as IWHBYD in Halo 3, or perhaps require SOME effort. The ones on the Ark were how they should have been.

> I don’t really recall the other skulls being particularly hard to acquire.

Some of them where more cleverly hidden. Though I’m just pointing this out because Chad made it sound like they were going to be stupidly impossible to find.

Yeah. I think this dovetails into a comment I made in another thread about the textures. I think when it comes right down to it, Halo: CE just has less stuff in the playspace. Like, take that one skull in Halo 3, where you’re in High Charity and you have to jump up the little growths on the wall and then up onto the little crazy ceiling thing.

There simply isn’t anything like that in Halo: CE. It’s just door, walkway, pillar, open space, walkway, door, rock thing.

If you think about it, there really just isn’t anywhere you can hide a skull that the average player can get to. That’s why you end up with skulls that are just sitting out in the open on a hill or by a rock, because if they made it to where you had to grenade launch a warthog across a map, you’d have a lot of really angry gamers.

> Yeah. I think this dovetails into a comment I made in another thread about the textures. I think when it comes right down to it, Halo: CE just has less stuff in the playspace. Like, take that one skull in Halo 3, where you’re in High Charity and you have to jump up the little growths on the wall and then up onto the little crazy ceiling thing.
>
> There simply isn’t anything like that in Halo: CE. It’s just door, walkway, pillar, open space, walkway, door, rock thing.
>
> If you think about it, there really just isn’t anywhere you can hide a skull that the average player can get to. That’s why you end up with skulls that are just sitting out in the open on a hill or by a rock, because if they made it to where you had to grenade launch a warthog across a map, you’d have a lot of really angry gamers.

You pretty much just summed it up

I’ve always toyed with setting my server2003 box at home w/ a virtual LAN or something, and letting friends point their xboxes to my IP to see if we can fake a system link over our local internet connections.

Then we could play Halo: CE multiplayer all day long w/ the original game that’s available for download.

I just can’t get the grenade jump right…

Yeah, shishka said they would be incredibly hard even if you watched someone else do it.

I am disappoint. Still, they put a few in some weird places.