Wow, more ideas for Halo 5 by cjmcolacole?!

Yep, I am back, and be sure to read my past topics (Plox, I need support) I also apologize for any spelling errors during this post. so… read on!

1: The Forge is an awesome thing that halo has, adds so much hours in my opinion. You know what would make it better? The ability to create MISSIONS! thats right, enemies, objectives, and maybe a little story IDk, but i think it would be really cool. make it happen 343

2: extra content from players who own certain halo games, such as REACH, 4, 3, Wars, or ODST. I was thinking armor or weapon skins that relate to the game. Gears of War did it, you should as well.

3: HARDER RANKING SYSTEMS! like, cmon. when im on matchmaking half the lobby (Including me) are level 130. either make it harder to get to 130, or add more levels (200 for example). as long as it dosent take so little time

4: this may not turn the tide of the game, but a little free roam planet that you can go to in between missions, like with little secret areas and data bases. idano. i would like it.

5: A game type that lets you free roam a world and create squads and just take control of territory ( like red dead redemption). I think it would be sorta cool. like having lil mini wars for certain vantage points.

So long and thank you for reading! Comment to post your very own thoughts (I guarantee i will read them) AGAIN, read my last posts plz!

I wouldn’t mind having to ability to build a Spartan Op given a Forge environment and proper labels for it.

But IMO everything else…doesn’t fit Halo.

> 1: The Forge is an awesome thing that halo has, adds so much hours in my opinion. You know what would make it better? The ability to create MISSIONS! thats right, enemies, objectives, and maybe a little story IDk, but i think it would be really cool. make it happen 343

While being able to create a fully fledged map editor like what you want here that would be functional in the command of a console controller may be difficult (next to impossible), I can only imagine the pure awesomeness of Halo’s Forge taking advantage of programs such as SmartGlass.

However, if these programs that allow the player to Forge outside of their Xbox One don’t support GNU/Linux based operating systems, I’ll lose my faith in mankind.

> 2: extra content from players who own certain halo games, such as REACH, 4, 3, Wars, or ODST. I was thinking armor or weapon skins that relate to the game. Gears of War did it, you should as well.

I don’t think this is a good idea. While it’s not flawed to reward people for having preexisting experience with Halo, it shouldn’t be rewarded through what you’ve suggested. Instead, it should appear under the “Legacy” category in someones Servie Record, and there should be ways to display the Halo games you own on your Player Card.

If I want the world to know that I purchased and played Halo Wars by looking at me in the menus, I should be able to do that.

> 3: HARDER RANKING SYSTEMS! like, cmon. when im on matchmaking half the lobby (Including me) are level 130. either make it harder to get to 130, or add more levels (200 for example). as long as it dosent take so little time

I think Halo Reach did this the best out of all the other games. The only flaw was that there wasn’t a big enough reward for winning (the total credit amount should be doubled, not a 150cR bonus)

> 4: this may not turn the tide of the game, but a little free roam planet that you can go to in between missions, like with little secret areas and data bases. idano. i would like it.

Frankly, I don’t see a point of this feature and it really wouldn’t add anything beneficial to the game in significant ways.

> 5: A game type that lets you free roam a world and create squads and just take control of territory ( like red dead redemption). I think it would be sorta cool. like having lil mini wars for certain vantage points.

Again, while this isn’t a terrible idea, it wouldn’t really fit into a game that revolves around a defined set of rules and missions - which is what most Halo games have been.

However, if the game was named “Grand Theft Halo”, then we can talk.

[deleted]

For all those, I vote #3 first. #1 second.

Thank yall for your feedback