Wow guys, just wow.

One vidoc stating that halo 4 may or may not have a “perk” system, and you guys are already blacklisting halo? Its not a call of duty remake guys, its not call of duty. You guys give up way to easily on the best game series of the century, because you here something remotely similar to call of duty? Thats just sad. You obviously dont trust frankie to know what hes doing do you. They’re not reskinning halo 3 people, just get over it and move on.

Let me guess, you think sprint works in Halo, right?

> Let me guess, you think sprint works in Halo, right?

I personally like the direction Halo is going in. And i do believe that sprint does work in Halo. It speeds up map travel and also is a good offense and defense feature.

> > Let me guess, you think sprint works in Halo, right?
>
> I personally like the direction Halo is going in. And i do believe that sprint does work in Halo. It speeds up map travel and also is a good offense and defense feature.

I agree with you and it does seem like 343 is avoiding the Call of Duty direction by adding new features instead of the same thing over and over again.

this community has a harder, faster, more overreacting knee-jerk reflex than blizzard do in warcraft.

i am buying halo 4 for the campaign, the MP, if it is good will occupy much of my time, if it is bad i will play the MP of a game with a bad campaign but good MP. regardless this game is sold.

i have played CoD, BF, transformers, and a plethora of other MP games over the years, and i enjoyed most of them for different reasons, some were similar to others, some were like nothing around. but over the last 13 years of my life since i was 10 i have seen many brands change and each time they do i wait till they are released and i have my hands on them to pass judgement but i keep opinions on what i see before they release.

and so far H4 looks fresh, which i think halo needs for its MP. the campaign will be a different game as far as i am concerned as it always has with halo.

i almost forgot to mention it should never about who did something first, it should always be about who does it better.

> > > Let me guess, you think sprint works in Halo, right?
> >
> > I personally like the direction Halo is going in. And i do believe that sprint does work in Halo. It speeds up map travel and also is a good offense and defense feature.
>
> I agree with you and it does seem like 343 is avoiding the Call of Duty direction by adding new features instead of the same thing over and over again.

You know, there are other ways to develop it than add in crappy elements.

Why not just a base speed increase honestly…

> O<mark>ne vidoc stating that halo 4 may or may not have a “perk” system</mark>, and you guys are already blacklisting halo? Its not a call of duty remake guys, its not call of duty. You guys give up way to easily on the best game series of the century, because you here something remotely similar to call of duty? Thats just sad. You obviously dont trust frankie to know what hes doing do you. They’re not reskinning halo 3 people, just get over it and move on.

The funny thing is, THIS NEVER EVEN HAPPENED.

People read too much into things…

Lets put it this way. every single first person shooter that has ever been succesful, had sprint. Sprint speeds up gameplay, map travel, and when used correctly is a great offesive and defensive strategy. It helps with longer jumps, ninjaing and m,any other things. So yes, i thinki its a valuable thing to have.

> > Let me guess, you think sprint works in Halo, right?
>
> Lets put it this way. every single first person shooter that has ever been succesful, had sprint. Sprint speeds up gameplay, map travel, and when used correctly is a great offesive and defensive strategy. It helps with longer jumps, ninjaing and m,any other things. So yes, i thinki its a valuable thing to have.

Halo CE- Halo 3

Largely successful games. Lacked sprint.

Halo Reach

Disappointment of the Halo franchise. Had sprint.

Did I really have to explain this?

The video never even said anything about perks. I have no idea where this came from. 343i denied it.

There’s nothing wrong with sprint. It doesn’t take away from anything whatsoever.

> > > > Let me guess, you think sprint works in Halo, right?
> > >
> > > I personally like the direction Halo is going in. And i do believe that sprint does work in Halo. It speeds up map travel and also is a good offense and defense feature.
> >
> > I agree with you and it does seem like 343 is avoiding the Call of Duty direction by adding new features instead of the same thing over and over again.
>
> You know, there are other ways to develop it than add in crappy elements.
>
> Why not just a base speed increase honestly…

Because it gives the impression that the player is going slower and it also looks stupid when you just have to walk. I don’t notice much a difference in Halo 3’s player speed and Reach’s player speed…

Sprint is a great addition, the biggest complaint I see with it is that people could run away while you’re shooting them but that could be easily fixed by suspending sprint for like 5 seconds for each shot taken by the player. For example, the player is shot, 5 seconds suspended then 4, 3, 2, then player is shot again and it resets to 5 or whatever. It would work.

Reach made me feel like I was actually on the battlefield, the main reasons being that the graphics were improved, it was more realistic, wasn’t a cartoon, player could actually run and many, many other reasons. Sprint only speeds up gameplay and it is to make up for these huge maps coming into the game. BTB and Invasion need sprint, not so much in Halo 3 because of the tiny maps but you see, the maps are getting bigger.

It does not, just because a bunch of sad kids whine about missing out on some kills, “it doesn’t work in halo” please, give it a rest. Just because sprint had its flaws in Halo Reach how do you know it’s going to work like that in Halo 4, the mechanics may be completely re-done, so it is more balanced.

Yes, we have seen snippets of a bigger and larger game and none of us are in the know concerning the way sprint and other mystery ‘AAs’ are going to be implemented.

However, how can you blame people for being skeptical about the whole ‘perk’ concept after (what I think was) the disaster of Reach’s gameplay.

I know for a fact that there were similiar OP posts during the build up to Reach, and similiar skepticism over the gameplay changes.

We’re seeing a pattern emerging here.

> There’s nothing wrong with sprint. It doesn’t take away from anything whatsoever.

Map control, engaging battles, map balance, CQC combat. It creates chaos.

Expected reaction from forums was expected.

> > There’s nothing wrong with sprint. It doesn’t take away from anything whatsoever.
>
> Map control, engaging battles, map balance, CQC combat. It creates chaos.

Overstatement of the thread.

Sprint affects nothing in this list negatively.

> > > Let me guess, you think sprint works in Halo, right?
> >
> > Lets put it this way. every single first person shooter that has ever been succesful, had sprint. Sprint speeds up gameplay, map travel, and when used correctly is a great offesive and defensive strategy. It helps with longer jumps, ninjaing and m,any other things. So yes, i thinki its a valuable thing to have.
>
> Halo CE- Halo 3
>
> Largely successful games. Lacked sprint.
>
> Halo Reach
>
> Disappointment of the Halo franchise. Had sprint.
>
> Did I really have to explain this?

Yes.

Doom. Was on more PCs than WINDOWS. Had Sprint.

Counterstrike: The most successful competitive pc shooter of all time had sprint.

Half Life 2: The highest reviewed shooter of all time. Has sprint.

See, I can use flawed logic too kiddo.

There is constructive critisism, then there is being a little -Yoink-. Im getting tired of seeing people moan because they dislike a feature that others like.

Some people just cant accept that other people like the changes and additions. I dont like something therefor everyone who thinks otherwise is wrong etc.

I personally like the addition of sprint to games :slight_smile:

> > > There’s nothing wrong with sprint. It doesn’t take away from anything whatsoever.
> >
> > Map control, engaging battles, map balance, CQC combat. It creates chaos.
>
> Overstatement of the thread.
>
> Sprint affects nothing in this list negatively.

What are you talking about? It affects everything…

Are you saying you shouldn’t be able to control a map if you’re good? Are you saying you shouldn’t be able to kill someone in a fight? Are you saying maps shouldn’t be balanced? Are you saying there should be no close quarters combat at all?

What is wrong with you?