Wouldn't this Trailer get Halo 2 fans excited

It’s a grassy hill with great detail and the camera backs out and you release its a hill on the map of Coagulation and that you get a good view of one of the bases and the maps been changed a bit to fit halo 4, but can be edited in forge to play the old way. and the music starts going 0:07 - 0:34 and coming over the hill is the famous vehicle the Spectre and elites driving it with new detail and graphics added and it end with a bunch of cool new featured looks to it and at the end as it’s about to engage a large force it says “The Spectre is back”. Wouldn’t that make H2 fans actually feel excited having that vehicle back with that kind of entrance?

okay let me clarify since people aren’t getting it. This wouldn’t be a TV ad trailer. This would be something small that you watch online and would see it like a month before release. its to show off Multiplayer not Campaign just like they have done with past halo games before they release but with a bit of excitement for things to come in for MM that was in halo 2 that people loved and its back. Elites don’t need to be in the campaign to have them in as MP, the coagulation map would be an anniversary style where it can be both played old school and new school, and the Spectre is an amazing vehicle a lot have been asking back. So I hope that clarifies everything.

That would really be a horrible commercial…sorry.
It would say nothing about Halo 4.
It wouldn’t give non-fans, mainstream gamers, and regular consumers any real information or incentive to buy the game.
It would basically be like saying “this is what Halo 2 would look like with modern graphics”.

Besides:
You’re relying on Coagulation to return…who’s to say its in?
You’re relying on Elites to be in the game…which seems unlikely to me and a lot of other people.
You’re not even showing Chief who’s far more iconic than Elites are.

Really, nobody would truely be hyped after that I think. It certainly wouldn’t make people run to the store to buy the game. You know what a good commercial would be? Look at what H2 had with the “There are those who said this day would never come” commercial, or the live action ones. Your idea would make people wonder if they’re looking at H4 or a Halo 2 remake…

> That would really be a horrible commercial…sorry.
> It would say nothing about Halo 4.
> It wouldn’t give non-fans, mainstream gamers, and regular consumers any real information or incentive to buy the game.
> It would basically be like saying “this is what Halo 2 would look like with modern graphics”.
>
> Besides:
> You’re relying on Coagulation to return…who’s to say its in?
> You’re relying on Elites to be in the game…which seems unlikely to me and a lot of other people.
> You’re not even showing Chief who’s far more iconic than Elites are.
>
> Really, nobody would truely be hyped after that I think. It certainly wouldn’t make people run to the store to buy the game. You know what a good commercial would be? Look at what H2 had with the “There are those who said this day would never come” commercial, or the live action ones. Your idea would make people wonder if they’re looking at H4 or a Halo 2 remake…

A good trailer would be a series of snapshots of campaign footage. Not plot details, no mundane 2-minute gameplay video, but something that hints at the sort of scale and landscapes we can expect in the Halo 4 story.

The atrocity in the OP would make 343 about as popular as Colonel Gadaffi.

> That would really be a horrible commercial…sorry.
> It would say nothing about Halo 4.

its not to present the story. we dont want spoilers for story in commercial. this is to get give a teaser for the most popular halo vehicle to return.

> It wouldn’t give non-fans, mainstream gamers, and regular consumers any real information or incentive to buy the game.

title says it all. it wasnt intended for the other, just halo 2 fans.
[It would basically be like saying “this is what Halo 2 would look like with modern graphics”.]
Didnt they do that with Halo CEA

> Besides:
> You’re relying on Coagulation to return…who’s to say its in?

who says Spectre is back? besides most people want halo 4 to be like halo 2 with all the talk its mostly point at halo 2 the things they had right and spectre was one of them. its replacement in H3 was not great popular at all yet majority thats played the original want this one back.

> You’re relying on Elites to be in the game…which seems unlikely to me and a lot of other people.

you mean just yourself when you imply this. alot of people already assume covies are in. and the no purple joke the dev said he also implied covies are green H3. and even if they werent in the storyline you know the devs will still throw them in.

> You’re not even showing Chief who’s far more iconic than Elites are.

this isnt campaign as i said again so ofcourse not. no campaign spoiler ofr this.

> Really, nobody would truely be hyped after that I think. It certainly wouldn’t make people run to the store to buy the game. You know what a good commercial would be? Look at what H2 had with the “There are those who said this day would never come” commercial, or the live action ones. Your idea would make people wonder if they’re looking at H4 or a Halo 2 remake…

This is for halo 2 fans to get back the best vehicle from halo 2 majority loved then. its not about the campaign as i have said in the title.

OP, people want to be enthralled by a new and jaw-dropping game… they don’t want this, a cheap and naff ‘trailer’ on a mundane detail. This would kill the hype better than anything I can think of.

> A good trailer would be a series of snapshots of campaign footage. Not plot details, no mundane 2-minute gameplay video, but something that hints at the sort of scale and landscapes we can expect in the Halo 4 story.
>
> The atrocity in the OP would make 343 about as popular as Colonel Gadaffi.

no we dont want any sotryline given away as there is now. most people now a days dont buy games for their SP anymore but their MP. ign use to do small bit traielrs like these especial with SWBF2 and they were great. this would make old halo 2 fans look at them like Obama, the supporting side of course.

> OP, people want to be enthralled by a new and jaw-dropping game… they don’t want this, a cheap and naff ‘trailer’ on a mundane detail. This would kill the hype better than anything I can think of.

you havent play halo 2 enough like alot of people that want these 3 things to either stay or come back but mainly its about the spectre. any true halo 2 fan would not turn down the option to have the spectre back if they could and actually when i ask them they say they’d love it and would be alot more excited without spoiling the campaign for them.

> its not to present the story. we dont want spoilers for story in commercial. this is to get give a teaser for the most popular halo vehicle to return.
>
> title says it all. it wasnt intended for the other, just halo 2 fans.
> [It would basically be like saying “this is what Halo 2 would look like with modern graphics”.]
> Didnt they do that with Halo CEA
>
> who says Spectre is back? besides most people want halo 4 to be like halo 2 with all the talk its mostly point at halo 2 the things they had right and spectre was one of them. its replacement in H3 was not great popular at all yet everyong thats played the original want this one back.
>
> you mean just yourself when you imply this. alot of people already assume covies are in. and the no purple joke the dev said he also implied covies are green H3. and even if they werent in the storyline you know the devs will still throw them in.
>
> this isnt campaign as i said again so ofcourse not. no campaign spoiler ofr this.
>
> This is for halo 2 fans to get back the best vehicle from halo 2 everyone loved then. its not about the campaign as i have said in the title.

I think you’re missing the whole point of a commercial. It’s meant to make the targeted audience go out and buy the game. If it was only targeted at Halo 2 fans, then it wouldn’t sell as well. For example, Halo CEA didn’t sell as well as it could because it was targeted at Halo fans (this was intentional btw). If Halo 4 gets a commercial, it’ll be targeted at gamers in general. They’re not going to base it off of a vehicle. They’re going to base it on the Chief.

You can show Campaign footage without story spoilers quite easily.

Also, I’d be VERY dissapointed if what you described was even shown. Not so much the Spectre, but the inclusion of Blood Gulch. It doesn’t need to be in the game.

This is a commercial.

This is also a commercial.

Notice how they both show the main Character/s from the Campaign.

> > OP, people want to be enthralled by a new and jaw-dropping game… they don’t want this, a cheap and naff ‘trailer’ on a mundane detail. This would kill the hype better than anything I can think of.
>
> you havent play halo 2 enough like alot of people that want these 3 things to either stay or come back but mainly its about the spectre. any true halo fan would not turn down and actually when i ask them they say they’d love it and would be alot more excited without spoiling the campaign for them.

I’m a Halo fan (don’t use the phrase “true Halo fan”, it’s a classic example of the No True Scotsman logical fallacy) and I’m not hyped for the Spectre returning at all, I honestly couldn’t care. Your point is moot.

Also, what part of “no plot details” don’t you understand? Please stop constructing straw men (how many times have I told you that?), beyond the obvious point of it being another logical fallacy, all it does is lose you credibility.

The pacing is too fast, this isn’t the sort of trailer Halo 4 should have, but it shows that campaign trailers do not necessarily ruin the plotlines.

> > its not to present the story. we dont want spoilers for story in commercial. this is to get give a teaser for the most popular halo vehicle to return.
> >
> > title says it all. it wasnt intended for the other, just halo 2 fans.
> > [It would basically be like saying “this is what Halo 2 would look like with modern graphics”.]
> > Didnt they do that with Halo CEA
> >
> > who says Spectre is back? besides most people want halo 4 to be like halo 2 with all the talk its mostly point at halo 2 the things they had right and spectre was one of them. its replacement in H3 was not great popular at all yet majority thats played the original want this one back.
> >
> > you mean just yourself when you imply this. alot of people already assume covies are in. and the no purple joke the dev said he also implied covies are green H3. and even if they werent in the storyline you know the devs will still throw them in.
> >
> > this isnt campaign as i said again so ofcourse not. no campaign spoiler ofr this.
> >
> > This is for halo 2 fans to get back the best vehicle from halo 2 majority loved then. its not about the campaign as i have said in the title.
>
> I think you’re missing the whole point of a commercial. It’s meant to make the targeted audience go out and buy the game. If it was only targeted at Halo 2 fans, then it wouldn’t sell as well. For example, Halo CEA didn’t sell as well as it could because it was targeted at Halo fans (this was intentional btw). If Halo 4 gets a commercial, it’ll be targeted at gamers in general. They’re not going to base it off of a vehicle. They’re going to base it on the Chief.
>
> You can show Campaign footage without story spoilers quite easily.
>
> Also, I’d be VERY dissapointed if what you described was even shown. Not so much the Spectre, but the inclusion of Blood Gulch. It doesn’t need to be in the game.
>
> This is a commercial.
>
> This is also a commercial.
>
> Notice how they both show the main Character/s from the Campaign.

lots of other games do this and no actually both those trailers spoiled info. like the bubble shield and the mongoose etc.

This is also a trailer
and see how it didnt give away the story and was a seller. they did it without telling the story and appealing to old fans of the original.

this was top 2 of the most popular games on the XO

also thats Coagulation, not blood gulch

> I’m a Halo fan (don’t use the phrase “true Halo fan”, it’s a classic example of the No True Scotsman logical fallacy) and I’m not hyped for the Spectre returning at all, I honestly couldn’t care. Your point is moot.

clearly not enough of a fan to appreciate the most popular halo vehicle that majority like me me has been saying on this forum for its return. Play halo 2 vista, since it still has online play, and come back when you realize how wrong you were and now you mind is open to accepting the fact the spectre needs its return.

> Also, what part of “no plot details” don’t you understand? Please stop constructing straw men (how many times have I told you that?), beyond the obvious point of it being another logical fallacy, all it does is lose you credibility.

wow really you are going to play that card? Please stop constructing straw men. how many times i have told you that?

> The pacing is too fast, this isn’t the sort of trailer Halo 4 should have, but it shows that campaign trailers do not necessarily ruin the plotlines.

this isnt a mass trailer its a trailer to get the halo 2 originals to get something else excited about for halo 4 to see somethign they all loved from the original to return. besides your traielr is a teaser. the halo 4 trailer is a teaser. also they freeze framed it to point out what was going to be in this game and actually neared the storyline in a matter of seconds adfter 2 days of release for BO

I’m pretty sure you don’t speak for every single “true Halo fan” out there OP.

Personally, I couldn’t care less if the Spectre comes back or not.

I like the trailers that make no mention of the fact that what you’re seeing has any connection to a game (until the xbox logo of course). It’s like they were made solely to tell a story, it just happens to be about characters in a game.

> This is also a trailer
> and see how it didn’t give away the story and was a seller. they did it without telling the story and appealing to old fans of the original.
>
> this was top 2 of the most popular games on the XO

1: The story was never the strong suit of the Battlefront series. The multiplayer was. So of course they would so you multiplayer game-play.
2: If you watched the 6 movie. You already know what’s going to happen. The story of the game fallows the movies. Yes the game did have events that you didn’t see in the movies. But you still have an idea of what’s going to happen.
For example: Order 66.
3: The reason it was popular was becasue of the multiplayer.

@ Fergus:

Kindly stop pretending you’re some sort of omnipotent Halo god, you do not speak for the majority, nobody does.

I’ll tell you to stop making glaring logical fallacies when you stop making them.

I do not care about the Spectre. I am not going to care about the Spectre. Please cease telling me and everybody else what our respective opinions should be.

> I’m pretty sure you don’t speak for every single “true Halo fan” out there OP.
>
> Personally, I couldn’t care less if the Spectre comes back or not.

well first off i didnt say “every single” i said the majority of halo 2 fans. and i highly doubt if you had the option to choose to have the spectre or no vehicle in that slot or the prwoler or reverant i know you more likely would take the infamous Spectre. it was a team base vehicle unlike the reverant and yet it could out preform the prowler. also it is a trailer like the one they did for the revenant in a way when they presented it. its not a massive trailer just right before release date they give some people some more MP info.

> lots of other games do this and no actually both those trailers spoiled info. like the bubble shield and the mongoose etc.
>
> This is also a trailer
> and see how it didnt give away the story and was a seller. they did it without telling the story and appealing to old fans of the original.
>
> this was top 2 of the most popular games on the XO
>
> also thats Coagulation, not blood gulch

Spoiling story info and spoiling gameplay info are completley different things. If 343 showed us a screenshot of the new Assault Rifle and said “this is the Assault Rifle that Chief will use in Halo 4” then that wouldn’t be spoiling story info, but if 343 said “This is the Assault Rifle that Chief will use in Halo 4 to kill the Super Omega Flood Boss 9000 in the last mission of the Campaign” then THAT would be story spoilers. They’ve just got to be careful what they show. If they showed us an Elite, then we’d know that they’d probably be in the Campaign.

That trailer isn’t really comparable to a Halo trailer, as they’re both completley different franchises. Star Wars started with movies and has grown from there. Halo has started with games.

Last thing, Blood Gulch/Coagulation/Hemmorhage are all pretty much the same map. I don’t want any form of Blood Gulch to return. I either want maps that have never been remade before (Valhalla, The Pit) or brand new maps.

> also it is a trailer like the one they did for the revenant in a way when they presented it.

Actually, the first time the Revenant was shown was during Comic Con when they first revealed Forge World. It was on the Hemmorhage map which people were allowed to play. The first time Hemmorhage was shown was during the Red vs Blue video, which is directed at fans of the Halo games. You can’t just stick the Red vs Blue video on TV and expect your game to sell as well as it could.

Like I said, there’s a difference between a commercial and a trailer.

> > This is also a trailer
> > and see how it didn’t give away the story and was a seller. they did it without telling the story and appealing to old fans of the original.
> >
> > this was top 2 of the most popular games on the XO
>
> 1: The story was never the strong suit of the Battlefront series. The multiplayer was. So of course they would so you multiplayer game-play.
> 2: <mark>If you watched the 6 movie. You already know what’s going to happen. The story of the game fallows the movies. Yes the game did have events that you didn’t see in the movies. But you still have an idea of what’s going to happen.</mark> For example: Order 66.
> 3: The reason it was popular was becasue of the multiplayer.

i played the first halo games to know what was going to happen on reach. they all die. and with halo 3 we knew from that trailer that the brutes were going to be the new main enemy and that Earth is under attack and MC is goign to have to find a way to stop it. so both those traielrs gave away obvious info on the plot. the storyline of SWBF2 played in well with the movies from episode 3 to 4. and the leaked traielr for SWBF3 shows they even give MP info when it looks like the SP is going to be huge.

> i played the first halo games to know what was going to happen on reach. they all die. and with halo 3 we knew from that trailer that the brutes were going to be the new main enemy and that Earth is under attack and MC is goign to have to find a way to stop it. so both those traielrs gave away obvious info on the plot.

You new that Reach fell if you looked in the Halo CE manual or you’d read the Fall of Reach and you knew that Earth was under attack from Brutes and that MC was going to have to find a way to stop them if you’d played Halo 2.