Wouldn't it be cool to Forge with Kinect?

“Xbox, wall 4x4”

Wouldn’t that be neat? To be able to just say the name of the object through Kinect, and it appear? I realize Halo 4 is not going to be Kinect enabled, but I still think it’s a cool idea. It would save a lot of time and frustration!

God do I hate Kinect. That Star Wars game…shivers

Just my opinion but it is a firm, resounding no of an opinion

“Xbox-insert large bridge at co-ordinates x-22.3 y- -1.34 at a 180 degree snap.”

that would be actually kind of cool. Maybe even move your hand to move the piece and use different gestures to rotate them. These are the kind of kinect features I like, when they’re supplementary and don’t devalue the game if you don’t own a kinect

I think that Kinect has great potential which unfortunately wasn’t realized this generation.

No thanks.

This is actually the first appealing idea for kinect I’ve heard of. Though I’m sure it would be awkward and inconvenient in practice, in theory it does sound awesome. Say the piece you want, twist and place it with hand gestures.

> that would be actually kind of cool. Maybe even move your hand to move the piece and use different gestures to rotate them. These are the kind of kinect features I like, when they’re supplementary and don’t devalue the game if you don’t own a kinect

Good points.

> “Xbox, wall 4x4”
>
> Wouldn’t that be neat? To be able to just say the name of the object through Kinect, and it appear? I realize Halo 4 is not going to be Kinect enabled, but I still think it’s a cool idea. It would save a lot of time and frustration!

How would that save time? You have to remember all the names of every single peice. Imagine saying “Xbox. Large forerunner bridge” over and over again? It would take forever. And if you say it wrong you have redo it.
I am not a big fan of Kinect. It doesn’t work that well. Motion works fine, but voice is hard. Also I hate it when certain features are kinect exclusive like in CEA. The library is really cool. but I never got to use

Because a lot of times you’re looking for a particular piece, but spend a minute or two trying to find it. You could just say it. And I think that if you were to use it, you’d remember the pieces easier anyway. Also, Kinect’s voice functions are fine for me.

No.

Yes If it made things easier and more functional.

voice recondition is still crappy

you’d get things like this:

“Xbox, Spawn Warthog Guass”
spawns standard warthog

“Xbox, Change color, Yellow”
spawns yellow light

“Xbox, Spawn DMR”
spawns BR

“Xbox, Exit Forge Mode”
quits back to the main menu

ect.

> that would be actually kind of cool. Maybe even move your hand to move the piece and use different gestures to rotate them. These are the kind of kinect features I like, when they’re supplementary and don’t devalue the game if you don’t own a kinect

As cool as that idea might sound, you could never quite get the same sort of precision as with a controller. You know that awful and frustrating feeling when you accidentally reset the objects coordinates? That’s what it would end up being like when you tried to move objects around. You’d just about get it right, then bam! 180 rotation.

In this gamers/forgers humble opinion, 343’s time/cash could be better spend improving other areas of forge or just the game in general.

Think I’d rather have mouse and keyboard support personally.

> Think I’d rather have mouse and keyboard support personally.

This, and I hate the mouse & keyboard for shooters, or any kind of precision.

Faux pas, you used cool and Kinect in the same sentence.

It would be a neat feature, sure, but Halo and Kinect should stay separate. It’s the same deal with the archive feature in CEA. I don’t want to have to buy a Kinect to fully enjoy a Halo game. I’m not that kind of gamer.

> It would save a lot of time and frustration!

If it was just voice implementation I could see that working.

But trying to actually place pieces together with Forge? Won’t happen. Not yet, not with the current Kinect.

Why can’t we just use our headsets.

This would be an excellent Kinect feature to add into the game. Then Kinect users would have an extra, handy, bonus. I, personally, hate going through all the menus trying to find the appropriate forge piece, so yes, this would be extremely helpful and time efficient.