Would you want to see, "Halo Insurrection"?

Someday, do you think 343 should create a spin off, delving into the UNSC world pre-Human-Covenant War?

And show us the civil war amongst humanity, which began in 2491? Perhaps we could see the Spartan 1’s in action, since project Orion Project returned when the war started.

And say unlike the human-covenant war in which the war was basically “black and white”, the civil war can show us more grey. Although many Innies resorted to hurting civilians intentionally, the UNSC did uses Nukes to wipe out a colony “Far Isle” because of Rebellion, influencing the star of the War.

The game should show the UNSC having good reasons for wanting to maintain control of the Outer Colonies, and also legitimate reasons why some Colonies wanting to break away.

Depends on when the game could be set, we could also see the earlier years of the Spartan 2 program, who after all, were created to fight other humans.
Maybe see some of… Operation: TREBUCHET | Halo Alpha | Fandom

Do you think a pre - Human-Covenant War spin off game could work? Or should game set in the halo verse never take away the option of fighting aliens?

Maybe. Maybe the game would be played as insurrectionist soldier. Hard to imagine a halo game with no aliens though.

The Innies are basically terrorists, and if I were a developer at 343 I would want to stay away from sensitive real-world similarities just as Bungie did by scrapping the Marines’ beheadings from Halo 2’s The Great Journey as well as Arbiter’s original name, the Dervish, which is offensive to Muslims. So maybe now isn’t the right time.

The only problem with that line of thought is it wont be the right time with in the next decade or more. Being afraid of people becoming mad at you is never a reason something shouldn’t be done.

Well if do play as spartan I’s, I will only accept playing as Johnson.

It wouldn’t be a Halo game.

> 2533274855928398;4:
> The only problem with that line of thought is it wont be the right time with in the next decade or more. Being afraid of people becoming mad at you is never a reason something shouldn’t be done.
>
>
> > 2533274891227738;6:
> > It wouldn’t be a Halo game.

I agree, I don’t think art should be sacrificed for political correctness. I just think 343 may want to play it safe.

I agree with the second statement as Halo has always been humans vs. aliens. Might feel weird to make humans the enemy.

I feel the premise would be far to mature. It would also take halo down a road to familiar to that of CoD in which its just another human vs human affair or Star wars with rebels vs the empire. I feel its a thing better suited to the expanded universe. Hunt the Truth ARG was successful with the a total death count under 20. They could always do a spin off but I bet there will be the casual fan disgruntled by the lack of elites. If 343 was going to do it I wouldn’t make it a shooter and utilize Petras character.

> 2533274792151090;1:
> Someday, do you think 343 should create a spin off, delving into the UNSC world pre-Human-Covenant War?
>
> And show us the civil war amongst humanity, which began in 2491? Perhaps we could see the Spartan 1’s in action, since project Orion Project returned when the war started.
>
> http://www.halopedia.org/Insurrection
>
> And say unlike the human-covenant war in which the war was basically “black and white”, the civil war can show us more grey. Although many Innies resorted to hurting civilians intentionally, the UNSC did uses Nukes to wipe out a colony “Far Isle” because of Rebellion, influencing the star of the War.
>
> The game should show the UNSC having good reasons for wanting to maintain control of the Outer Colonies, and also legitimate reasons why some Colonies wanting to break away.
>
> Depends on when the game could be set, we could also see the earlier years of the Spartan 2 program, who after all, were created to fight other humans.
> Maybe see some of…http://www.halopedia.org/Operation_Trebuchet
>
> Do you think a pre - Human-Covenant War spin off game could work? Or should game set in the halo verse never take away the option of fighting aliens?
>
> Fixed those links for you.

I feel like a game would not be a very good medium to try and convey the idea of inter-human conflict Halo has always been man vs. alien, so people would just think this is like some weird Call of Duty spin off when presented. I would love to see a book that focuses on Pre-Human Covenant War insurrection and follow extremists and moderates as well as maybe how the UEG decides how to deal with them.

> 2533274811804036;7:
> > 2533274855928398;4:
> > The only problem with that line of thought is it wont be the right time with in the next decade or more. Being afraid of people becoming mad at you is never a reason something shouldn’t be done.
> >
> >
> > > 2533274891227738;6:
> > > It wouldn’t be a Halo game.
>
>
> I agree, I don’t think art should be sacrificed for political correctness. I just think 343 may want to play it safe.
> I agree with the second statement as Halo has always been humans vs. aliens. Might feel weird to make humans the enemy.

I am aware that Halo has traditionally been about humans vs aliens, but that being the case, does not mean halo should never go outside of those bounds. Already in Halo 5, the people hunting the Chief and his team are…humans. I would not be surprised if we see a human vs human (maybe we fight ONI) battle in Halo 5, perhaps in the campaign the Chief is forced to kill other humans. In a way, 343 can use this game, to see the reaction of the fanbase to fighting other humans in a halo game.

And for those who say it will become just like Call of Duty…well yes and no. Yes only in the sense that your enemy is a man…not an alien.

However a spin off prequel where the enemy are Innies, could be made in a way that sure differentiates from the typical CoD game. For one thing, a UNSC vs Inssurection is not just a local event. Unlike CoD, the conflict is set across multiple worlds, and spaceships are used for combat/space battles.

Creating a far more sci fi vibe then a CoD game set in the future. Not only that, but the Innies could be made to be different then your typical enemy of a CoD game, who are often based on a real country/nationality. The Innies could come from a different culture/world then earth. So it doesn’t have to be a repeat of the earth humans killing other earth humans that happens all the time in CoD.

I still think the main new halo trilogy should stay with Man vs Alien (maybe with a little Man vs Man) theme. However like Halo Reach was a side story from the Halo 1-3 Trilogy, a spin off (not titled halo 6 or 7), that is pre-Covenant War where you fight Innies, I think could work if done well.

Of course if it never comes to pass, at least a book/comic/animated work, should be made set during this time period.

There is a Halo Mod for Arma 3 that focuses on the war with the Insurrection. Called Operation Trebuchet

You should really check out the video I posted. It is very well made

ModDB site for Operation Trebuchet

> 2533274792151090;10:
> > 2533274811804036;7:
> > > 2533274855928398;4:
> > > The only problem with that line of thought is it wont be the right time with in the next decade or more. Being afraid of people becoming mad at you is never a reason something shouldn’t be done.
> > >
> > >
> > > > 2533274891227738;6:
> > > > It wouldn’t be a Halo game.
> >
> >
> > I agree, I don’t think art should be sacrificed for political correctness. I just think 343 may want to play it safe.
> > I agree with the second statement as Halo has always been humans vs. aliens. Might feel weird to make humans the enemy.
>
>
> I am aware that Halo has traditionally been about humans vs aliens, but that being the case, does not mean halo should never go outside of those bounds. Already in Halo 5, the people hunting the Chief and his team are…humans. I would not be surprised if we see a human vs human (maybe we fight ONI) battle in Halo 5, perhaps in the campaign the Chief is forced to kill other humans. In a way, 343 can use this game, to see the reaction of the fanbase to fighting other humans in a halo game.
>
> And for those who say it will become just like Call of Duty…well yes and no. Yes only in the sense that your enemy is a man…not an alien.
>
> However a spin off prequel where the enemy are Innies, could be made in a way that sure differentiates from the typical CoD game. For one thing, a UNSC vs Inssurection is not just a local event. Unlike CoD, the conflict is set across multiple worlds, and spaceships are used for combat/space battles.
>
> Creating a far more sci fi vibe then a CoD game set in the future. Not only that, but the Innies could be made to be different then your typical enemy of a CoD game, who are often based on a real country/nationality. The Innies could come from a different culture/world then earth. So it doesn’t have to be a repeat of the earth humans killing other earth humans that happens all the time in CoD.
>
> I still think the main new halo trilogy should stay with Man vs Alien (maybe with a little Man vs Man) theme. However like Halo Reach was a side story from the Halo 1-3 Trilogy, a spin off (not titled halo 6 or 7), that is pre-Covenant War where you fight Innies, I think could work if done well.
>
> Of course if it never comes to pass, at least a book/comic/animated work, should be made set during this time period.

Yeah, I think there might be enough elements to differentiate it from CoD, which seems like many people’s concern about human vs. human, Halo-style. In a way, the 27-year war with the Covenant came out of nowhere–had it not happened, the UNSC v. Innies thing would have been the main focus of the games (which probably wouldn’t be called Halo). The war with the Covenant felt more less like a prolonged accident, and that the Insurrection was put on hold. It’s an interesting way to look at the franchise.

I think a SINGLE spinoff about the Insurrection could work–but its a conflict that spans so many years, and is once more raging in the post-war period, so to avoid a Halo: Reach and NOT choose a small, unknown little part to focus on, would it even be possible to encapsulate a conflict so big in one campaign?

> 2533274811804036;12:
> > 2533274792151090;10:
> > > 2533274811804036;7:
> > > > 2533274855928398;4:
> > > > The only problem with that line of thought is it wont be the right time with in the next decade or more. Being afraid of people becoming mad at you is never a reason something shouldn’t be done.
> > > >
> > > >
> > > > > 2533274891227738;6:
> > > > > It wouldn’t be a Halo game.
> > >
> > >
> > > I agree, I don’t think art should be sacrificed for political correctness. I just think 343 may want to play it safe.
> > > I agree with the second statement as Halo has always been humans vs. aliens. Might feel weird to make humans the enemy.
> >
> >
> > I am aware that Halo has traditionally been about humans vs aliens, but that being the case, does not mean halo should never go outside of those bounds. Already in Halo 5, the people hunting the Chief and his team are…humans. I would not be surprised if we see a human vs human (maybe we fight ONI) battle in Halo 5, perhaps in the campaign the Chief is forced to kill other humans. In a way, 343 can use this game, to see the reaction of the fanbase to fighting other humans in a halo game.
> >
> > And for those who say it will become just like Call of Duty…well yes and no. Yes only in the sense that your enemy is a man…not an alien.
> >
> > However a spin off prequel where the enemy are Innies, could be made in a way that sure differentiates from the typical CoD game. For one thing, a UNSC vs Inssurection is not just a local event. Unlike CoD, the conflict is set across multiple worlds, and spaceships are used for combat/space battles.
> >
> > Creating a far more sci fi vibe then a CoD game set in the future. Not only that, but the Innies could be made to be different then your typical enemy of a CoD game, who are often based on a real country/nationality. The Innies could come from a different culture/world then earth. So it doesn’t have to be a repeat of the earth humans killing other earth humans that happens all the time in CoD.
> >
> > I still think the main new halo trilogy should stay with Man vs Alien (maybe with a little Man vs Man) theme. However like Halo Reach was a side story from the Halo 1-3 Trilogy, a spin off (not titled halo 6 or 7), that is pre-Covenant War where you fight Innies, I think could work if done well.
> >
> > Of course if it never comes to pass, at least a book/comic/animated work, should be made set during this time period.
>
>
> Reach and NOT choose a small, unknown little part to focus on, would it even be possible to encapsulate a conflict so big in one campaign?

Good question. Perhaps a campaign could have time jumps, maybe it also does not have to be restricted to one character. I think the http://www.halopedia.org/Eridanus_system would be the place to set a game. That is where a lot of Operation Trebuchet happened.

> 2533274803137071;11:
> There is a Halo Mod for Arma 3 that focuses on the war with the Insurrection. Called Operation Trebuchet
>
> You should really check out the video I posted. It is very well made
>
> ModDB site for Operation Trebuchet

It’s funny nobody commented on this. For if you watch the gameplay. It’s pretty much how it would be like truthfully

I am hoping the television show covers the insurrectionist era. I think it may be better explored in a visual medium rather an interactive one. We will just have to wait and see!

I would love to see the Halo Universe explored further. Different stories, varying genres. I think there is alot that can be done with the franchise… Someone just needs to do it.

Already had a taste of it in Halo Bloodlines but I doubt a game about it would be justified or wanted by many people.

> 2533274868747146;17:
> Already had a taste of it in Halo Bloodlines but I doubt a game about it would be justified or wanted by many people.

You would be surprised, the mod Operation Trebuchet for Arma 3 is vastly popular. With many people actually buying Arma 3 just to play it

> 2533274830366691;8:
> I feel the premise would be far to mature. It would also take halo down a road to familiar to that of CoD in which its just another human vs human affair or Star wars with rebels vs the empire. I feel its a thing better suited to the expanded universe. Hunt the Truth ARG was successful with the a total death count under 20. They could always do a spin off but I bet there will be the casual fan disgruntled by the lack of elites. If 343 was going to do it I wouldn’t make it a shooter and utilize Petras character.

Petra probably was a bit too young to be a reporter during the UNSC-Insurrectionist War, but I do like the idea of using a journalist character to navigate the war and the story. It could be a way to look at both sides of the issue [and the premise reminds me a bit of the novel Embedded (which I still have to finish)].

It’s Halo… You’ve got to have aliens…