Would you want post limit for Sigs lowered?

I personally feel that the post requirement for having a signature is quite extensive. 6,001 posts is a heck of a lot of posts! I consider myself and active member and I’ve barely reached 300. I really believe that is should be lowered to something more reasonable like 1,000 posts, even at that, you will know members with that high if a post count will not be using the signature for “bad purposes” and they are obvious active and productive members of the community.

What are your guys opinions on the matter?

Not only do I think it should be lowered, I think it should be taken away entirely. If people want sigs, they should be able to have sigs. This is the first and only forum I’ve ever been to where a certain number of posts are required to have a signature.

I think it’s fine the way it is now. I like the current system in place.

> Not only do I think it should be lowered, I think it should be taken away entirely. If people want sigs, they should be able to have sigs. This is the first and only forum I’ve ever been to where a certain number of posts are required to have a signature.

Take the childish behaviour from people on these forums + them actually being a child = Signature: LOLILOVECODHALOSUCKZZZ

The real reason you need 6,001 posts for a signature is because people can do this:

A
B
U
S
I
N
G

M
Y

S
I
G
N
A
T
U
R
E

and it shows in the signature part like that, I tested it last week and this is still the case, it is easily abused.

If they lowered it down to something like 3,001 then it would be a lot more available to people and most people who have that high a post count aren’t going risk abusing it because they will get warnings & bans.

> > Not only do I think it should be lowered, I think it should be taken away entirely. If people want sigs, they should be able to have sigs. This is the first and only forum I’ve ever been to where a certain number of posts are required to have a signature.
>
> Take the childish behaviour from people on these forums + them actually being a child = Signature: LOLILOVECODHALOSUCKZZZ
>
> The real reason you need 6,001 posts for a signature is because people can do this:
>
> A
> B
> U
> S
> I
> N
> G
>
> M
> Y
>
> S
> I
> G
> N
> A
> T
> U
> R
> E
>
> and it shows in the signature part like that, I tested it last week and this is still the case, it is easily abused.
>
> If they lowered it down to something like 3,001 then it would be a lot more available to people and most people who have that high a post count aren’t going risk abusing it because they will get warnings & bans.

So limit sigs to number of lines rather than number of characters and problem solved…Wow, that was difficult.

> > Not only do I think it should be lowered, I think it should be taken away entirely. If people want sigs, they should be able to have sigs. This is the first and only forum I’ve ever been to where a certain number of posts are required to have a signature.
>
> Take the childish behaviour from people on these forums + them actually being a child = Signature: LOLILOVECODHALOSUCKZZZ
>
> The real reason you need 6,001 posts for a signature is because people can do this:
>
> A
> B
> U
> S
> I
> N
> G
>
> M
> Y
>
> S
> I
> G
> N
> A
> T
> U
> R
> E
>
> and it shows in the signature part like that, I tested it last week and this is still the case, it is easily abused.
>
> If they lowered it down to something like 3,001 then it would be a lot more available to people and most people who have that high a post count aren’t going risk abusing it because they will get warnings & bans.

At 1,000 posts, I would think that person would realize the difference between something that is acceptable and not. 6,001 posts is such a high number, and almost seems unachievable from where a person like me stands.

The system, no matter what you do, will always be abused. Nothing is perfect, people will find a way to abuse the sigs no matter what. Thats why so many posts are needed. If you stay on these forums long enough, you will most likely grow to respect them and not spam like how Moa gave an example of. In the future it will possibly be raised because the site will gain a lot more people and even more people who will abuse the system

Sig requirement is a broken system. It rewards you for simply time spent on the forums. There really needs to be a system that ranks your posts by skill, knowledge, and helpfulness. Forums ranks are meaningless.

It’s a joke…

> Sig requirement is a broken system. It rewards you for simply time spent on the forums. There really needs to be a system that ranks your posts by skill, knowledge, and helpfulness. Forums ranks are meaningless.
>
> It’s a joke…

Well, every Spartan on the site has proven themselves to be helpful, active, and contributing members. This is the best way, as otherwise, people will find ways to abuse it.

As people have said before me: Yes people will abuse it in anyway possible, which is probably why it’s at such a high post count.

When I first joined I was very “derp…” but I then started to respect the forums.

However, I wouldn’t mind if it was rought down by a tad. To say…3,001?

What about that if you want a Signature it has to be approved by a Moderator?

Say, you have to PM a Moderator to see if you’re Signature is allowed, and if you don’t follow the rules you can’t get a Signature?

> As people have said before me: Yes people will abuse it in anyway possible, which is probably why it’s at such a high post count.
>
> When I first joined I was very “derp…” but I then started to respect the forums.
>
> However, I wouldn’t mind if it was rought down by a tad. To say…3,001?

How about 4001? :3

I was also like that when I first joined, but I grew out of it.

> What about that if you want a Signature it has to be approved by a Moderator?
>
> Say, you have to PM a Moderator to see if you’re Signature is allowed, and if you don’t follow the rules you can’t get a Signature?

Then the mods will have to approve hundreds of signatures each day,

> Sig requirement is a broken system. It rewards you for simply time spent on the forums. There really needs to be a system that ranks your posts by skill, knowledge, and helpfulness. Forums ranks are meaningless.
>
> It’s a joke…

Yet all that people have sigs are what you said…

This issues has been discussed numerous times. And it has never changed and it probably won’t.

Also when people throw out random post numbers that they think they should get a sig. Keep in mind sigs are tied to ranks. That is why people who received CMOTW medals can’t get it.
So instead of 1,000 posts it will have to be 1,001[Marine - Silver]. Tho I think that number is to low and kinda random rank to receive it.

Receiving sigs as a Spartan is kinda cool in my opinion. You also get other forum/profile upgrades when ranking up to Spartan.

> > What about that if you want a Signature it has to be approved by a Moderator?
> >
> > Say, you have to PM a Moderator to see if you’re Signature is allowed, and if you don’t follow the rules you can’t get a Signature?
>
> Then the mods will have to approve hundreds of signatures each day,

Only 10 people are allowed per day to get their Signature approved then?

> > > What about that if you want a Signature it has to be approved by a Moderator?
> > >
> > > Say, you have to PM a Moderator to see if you’re Signature is allowed, and if you don’t follow the rules you can’t get a Signature?
> >
> > Then the mods will have to approve hundreds of signatures each day,
>
> Only 10 people are allowed per day to get their Signature approved then?

Then people will get mad that there’s a limit. The best thing to do IMO, is just keep the system as it is.

> Then people will get mad that there’s a limit. The best thing to do IMO, is just keep the system as it is.

I agree with you, however people will get mad at anything.

I have to agree with Moa - Altough 6001 posts is alot, and even though i’ve been active for a year and havn’t even reached 500, its nessacary to stop people having childish and abusive signatures.

6,001 posts is terribly excessive. It should be halved, or at least lowered to 4,001.

> 6,001 posts is terribly excessive. <mark>It should be halved, or at least lowered to 4,001.</mark>

It can’t!
Sigs are tied to ranks.

> > Then people will get mad that there’s a limit. The best thing to do IMO, is just keep the system as it is.
>
> I agree with you, however people will get mad at anything.

Exactly, so why change it?