would you want multiplayer maps based on campaign?

For me, I was never a big fan of the Reach map style; the fact that they were based off of the campaign maps. I much preferred the Halo 3 style where they were remotely based off of events, if not at all!

What do you guys think?

I’m not going to say the Bungie team were just lazy, they were clearly just trying a different idea. But when Halo 4 launches, I’d like maps to be based off of ‘ideas’ rather than the campaign missions. Admittedly, I think there is a high chance of this happening anyway; can you imagine a map based upon a partially destroyed Forward Unto Dawn? Nope.

> For me, I was never a big fan of the Reach map style; the fact that they were based off of the campaign maps. I much preferred the Halo 3 style where they were remotely based off of events, if not at all!
>
> What do you guys think?
>
> I’m not going to say the Bungie team were just lazy, they were clearly just trying a different idea. But when Halo 4 launches, I’d like maps to be based off of ‘ideas’ rather than the campaign missions. Admittedly, I think there is a high chance of this happening anyway; can you imagine a map based upon a partially destroyed Forward Unto Dawn? Nope.

Deddarth approves!

I loved the old style where Bungie used to make up events and stuff about the purpose of the map, not just take campaign and make it into a map, like some other shooter I think we all know.

/signed

Agreed.

Based on the campaign: sure.

Taken from campaign (or build into campaign later on): no.

I like maps that fit within the events of the campaign but are on the sideline of those events. Turf for example, with its downed Scarab next to the bridge in New Mombasa. Or Headlong looking out on New Mombasa. Or Condemned looking out on a burning Reach.
Things like that, which we mostly saw in H2 and H3. These maps feel grounded in the story, and feel familiar without being lazy copies of campaign parts.

And even if Bungie made the maps in Reach primarily as maps and later put them in campaign: it was a bad descision. Then again: from H3 on Bungie has shown to somehow have lost the ability to make great maps anyways, with Certain Affinity picking up the superior level they had in H2. Anyways: here’s hoping 343i will continue the tradtion of H2/H3.

Firefight maps from campaign are fine with me by the way, as long as we also get a few more unique ones.

> Taken from campaign (or build into campaign later on): no.

short answer: no.

> short answer: no.

I wouldn’t mind Firefight Maps based off the Campaign, but the Multiplayer Maps should be unique and not recycled from the Campaign and cutting It down to a smaller version of It. Bungie managed to do this in Halo 3 to Halo CE. Halo: Reach, they pretty much took It from the Campaign.

I am hoping 343’s Map Designers can come up with Unique Maps that is entitled to Multiplayer :slight_smile:

Yeah the campaign ones are ok for firefight but for Multiplayer hopefully we get maps that are based off events. i wouldn’t mind if some were campaign but not all.

Campaign areas for Firefight, and areas based off of areas from the campaign for multiplayer (Turf, Headlong, Construct, Backwash, etc), as well as original maps for multiplayer.