Would you want/like themed Spartan Ops?

So, Season 1 is free. You play as a spartan III off the Infinity. What we know

>We fight around the galaxy, probably in a tight area/sector.

>We play as Spartans

>50 Missions

>Missions are 8-10 so minutes each (more?)

>It’s free.

Now 343 said Seasons 2+on would probably cost money. And assuming this isn’t a complete -Yoink- of bull, we could be seeing The Arbiter and even “play” as him.

Which got me thinking of a cool way to add variety and such to Halo 4’s Spartan Ops in the WAY future. THEMED seasons/missions.

Like what

Why only play as Spartans. Why not have an ODST season? or an Elite Season? or hell even a Marine season?

ODST/MARINE

Could have you play as Buck or Dutch or the original ODST crew. Also some missions could have you play as a UNSC Marine.

Changes_(for both)
>More war like missions

>You won’t be solo. All missions as ODST/Marines you will always have groups of allies

>60% of the missions will mostly be “Weaker” enemies. Elites/Knights etc will act more like bosses

>ODST get VISR of course

>Marines get “Ordance Drop” calls (warthogs, weapons ,etc)

>Marines are the weakest and slowest. Giving it a large challenge

>ODST are similar to the ones in ODST. Weaker but manageable

Elite Season

Would be cool to play as The Arbiter again. Perhaps he is still an ally with the humans. One way he could fight Storm Covenant and Prometheons and on another maybe even some Humans?.

Changes_

>Arbiter being strong will be stronger then a Spartan 4.

>With that more hard core enemies and scenerioes

>Stealth missions. Full camo ability

>More alien themes. Almost all missions will be all Covenant/Prometheon Weapons/Vehiles

So. Would you want such thing?

Absolutely.

But I don’t want to fight the same enemies every time. Nor do I want to fight them in a set order: Covies first, Proemtheans last.

I want mixed enemies (Covies + Prometheans).

I also want the enemies to spawn in different orders, like having the strongest enemies spawn first then having an army of mooks and middle ranked enemies to deal with. Or having the strongest spawn in the heat of the battle. It gets boring fighting mooks then fighting stronger enemies. Really limited approach.

> So, Season 1 is free. You play as a spartan <mark>III</mark> off the Infinity. What we know
>
> >We fight around the galaxy, probably in a tight area/sector.
>
> >We play as Spartans
>
> >50 Missions
>
> >Missions are 8-10 so minutes each (more?)
>
> >It’s free.
>
> Now 343 said Seasons 2+on would probably cost money. And assuming this isn’t a complete Yoink! of bull, we could be seeing The Arbiter and even “play” as him.
>
> Which got me thinking of a cool way to add variety and such to Halo 4’s Spartan Ops in the WAY future. THEMED seasons/missions.
>
> Like what
>
> Why only play as Spartans. Why not have an ODST season? or an Elite Season? or hell even a Marine season?
>
> ODST/MARINE
>
> Could have you play as Buck or Dutch or the original ODST crew. Also some missions could have you play as a UNSC Marine.
>
> Changes_(for both)
> >More war like missions
>
> >You won’t be solo. All missions as ODST/Marines you will always have groups of allies
>
> >60% of the missions will mostly be “Weaker” enemies. Elites/Knights etc will act more like bosses
>
> >ODST get VISR of course
>
> >Marines get “Ordance Drop” calls (warthogs, weapons ,etc)
>
> >Marines are the weakest and slowest. Giving it a large challenge
>
> >ODST are similar to the ones in ODST. Weaker but manageable
>
> Elite Season
>
> Would be cool to play as The Arbiter again. Perhaps he is still an ally with the humans. One way he could fight Storm Covenant and Prometheons and on another maybe even some Humans?.
>
> Changes_
>
> >Arbiter being strong will be stronger then a Spartan 4.
>
> >With that more hard core enemies and scenerioes
>
> >Stealth missions. Full camo ability
>
> >More alien themes. Almost all missions will be all Covenant/Prometheon Weapons/Vehiles
>
>
>
> So. Would you want such thing?

Ahem, that would be spartan 4s not 3s.

Since Halo 4 is set in 2557 in an unknown part pf the galaxy on Requiem and the Elites are hunting down the Covenant Loyalists up to 2559, wouldn’t it make more sense for Elite themed missions to center around the hunting of the Brutes and any surviving San 'Shyuum who have taken up the role of “unofficial” High Prophets?

I would like a season that delt with a Flood outbreak.

There is a lot ways they could go with spartan ops its exciting. Having a elite season sounds awesome.

Edit: Actually the way you explain the ODST/Marines missions its sounds awesome. The idea of how the Knights or elites would be similar to bosses. Reminds me of situations you would read in the books.

> I would like a season that delt with a Flood outbreak.

Floods not in this game :frowning: i bet if Spartan ops is popular,you can bet there will be something like that in the Halo 5.

Yes I meant Spartan 4’s, Sorry.

Didn’t Elites join with Brutes? However bringing in Brutes would be cool. I wonder if it was be easy for 343 to add Spikers/Brute Shots in future Halo 4?

A flood outbreak level would be really cool. Maybe not an entire season but a week or two based off some ship/area that’s infected and you need to kill some “Gravemind/protus gravemind” leader would be intresting

Could be awesome to have a Marine/ODST mission where you’r in some dark/foggy flood UNSC ship. You fight alone (or with friends) in a dark eery area.

> Yes I meant Spartan 4’s, Sorry.
>
> Didn’t Elites join with Brutes? However bringing in Brutes would be cool. I wonder if it was be easy for 343 to add Spikers/Brute Shots in future Halo 4?

Did you play Halo 2 or Halo 3 or Halo 3: ODST?

> > I would like a season that delt with a Flood outbreak.
>
> Floods not in this game :frowning: i bet if Spartan ops is popular,you can bet there will be something like that in the Halo 5.

Seeing as it’s all DLC, and that Spartan Ops takes place after the Campaign, with a little work anything is possible. Think of it as a mini expansion featuring a new enemy class. It’s been done before in games and can be done in Spartan Ops. They’d just have to dig up and update the Halo 3 Flood files/codes/whatever (assuming 343 has access to such things) and then incorperte it into the Halo 4 engine.

> > > I would like a season that delt with a Flood outbreak.
> >
> > Floods not in this game :frowning: i bet if Spartan ops is popular,you can bet there will be something like that in the Halo 5.
>
> Seeing as it’s all DLC, and that Spartan Ops takes place after the Campaign, with a little work anything is possible. Think of it as a mini expansion featuring a new enemy class. It’s been done before in games and can be done in Spartan Ops. They’d just have to dig up and update the Halo 3 Flood files/codes/whatever (assuming 343 has access to such things) and then incorperte it into the Halo 4 engine.

They wouldnt tell the story about the return of the flood in DLC. The flood is way to big of a threat for that. This is just my opinion ofcourse. I have no proof of anything.

> Didn’t Elites join with Brutes?
>
> However bringing in Brutes would be cool. I wonder if it was be easy for 343 to add Spikers/Brute Shots in future Halo 4?

In Reach, they always occured separately. Even in Firefight. On New Alexandria, in the hospital, the Brutes get deleted if left alive, right when the Rangers arrive.

It was really disappointing because fighting both at the same time would have changed the approach. Instead of just plasma pistol against Elites, needler against Brutes, players would have to use a variety of weapons. One could say that Elites + Brutes working together on the same team would have easily crushed the UNSC (particularly gameplay wise).

> > > > I would like a season that delt with a Flood outbreak.
> > >
> > > Floods not in this game :frowning: i bet if Spartan ops is popular,you can bet there will be something like that in the Halo 5.
> >
> > Seeing as it’s all DLC, and that Spartan Ops takes place after the Campaign, with a little work anything is possible. Think of it as a mini expansion featuring a new enemy class. It’s been done before in games and can be done in Spartan Ops. They’d just have to dig up and update the Halo 3 Flood files/codes/whatever (assuming 343 has access to such things) and then incorperte it into the Halo 4 engine.
>
> They wouldnt tell the story about the return of the flood in DLC. The flood is way to big of a threat for that. This is just my opinion ofcourse. I have no proof of anything.

True enough. I think it would still be able to work as the last Spartan Ops season, assuming the Flood will be in Halo 5. It could act as a prologue of sorts.

A small side-note: Since our Spartan Ops character is a persistant one linked to the main campaign, do you think it will carry over to Halo 5/6? I mean, it would be odd for an important Spartan IV to suddenly dissapear, story wise, wouldn’t it?

> > > > > I would like a season that delt with a Flood outbreak.
> > > >
> > > > Floods not in this game :frowning: i bet if Spartan ops is popular,you can bet there will be something like that in the Halo 5.
> > >
> > > Seeing as it’s all DLC, and that Spartan Ops takes place after the Campaign, with a little work anything is possible. Think of it as a mini expansion featuring a new enemy class. It’s been done before in games and can be done in Spartan Ops. They’d just have to dig up and update the Halo 3 Flood files/codes/whatever (assuming 343 has access to such things) and then incorperte it into the Halo 4 engine.
> >
> > They wouldnt tell the story about the return of the flood in DLC. The flood is way to big of a threat for that. This is just my opinion ofcourse. I have no proof of anything.
>
> True enough. I think it would still be able to work as the last Spartan Ops season, assuming the Flood will be in Halo 5. It could act as a prologue of sorts.
>
>
> A small side-note: Since our Spartan Ops character is a persistant one linked to the main campaign, do you think it will carry over to Halo 5/6? I mean, it would be odd for an important Spartan IV to suddenly dissapear, story wise, wouldn’t it?

Actually you have a good idea there. Like a tease at the end of the last season

I think this post was a little bit far fetched but I love the creativity you threw in there. I enjoy that old fashioned gamers are still lively.

Good ideas, but I don’t see them happening. You will only be able to play as your matchmaking Spartan IV, because that’s how it is set up. Why should a playable elite earn your Spartan points for unlockables? Not that I’m against playing as other characters, by all means. I just think 343 made it so that everything in Spartan Ops is for the benefit of your own custom Spartan.

One season playing as a flood. Have some deep dialogue and character relationship development, and then your buddy, Johnny, does the special move to explode and release tons of those little dudes. You spend another couple of weeks of episodes dealing with that loss, vowing not to befriend any more of those explosive people ever again. Until on one mission you run into a flood-infected Hunter who’s actually one of Johnny’s progeny. They apparently have some weird genetic memories. After a brief reunion, a few epic battles, and thwarting a warthog run, both of you go floodin’ off into the sunset.