Would you want Halo 4 MP to carry your rank to Halo 5?

I was just thinking it would be nice if my halo career carried from one game to the next. So when Halo 4 comes out I create a character on Halo Waypoint. When I play Halo 4 all my credits pour into that character. Then when Halo 5 comes out those credits would pour into that same character. What do you all think?

No, since every game is different and how well you do in one does not represent your skill in the other and it would annoy people to see other start out at super high ranks. In plus, where’s the fun in not going through the ranks yourself?

Can I actually see the ranking system for H4 first?

as long as there is no actual advantage then i don’t see anything wrong with this, if anything it could help with more evenly matched games at launch instead of it being highly chaotic.

Already thinking about Halo 5, eh? Well, no. I wouldn’t want my rank to continue over. I want to start fresh and new.

Lol imagine if Halo 4 highest rank is inheritor, and in Halo 5 its inheritor. All ranks and stuff carry over to Halo 5…those people would complain that there is no ranks so no.

well all your records are on bungie, as far as i know i can still search my account from halo 2 and see the last game i played how many kills i got, what my rank was etc. atleast a few months ago i could havent tried lately but ya dont really see why you’d want too i mean i like starting from the bottom and having something to work towards. ranking systems also change game to game .
but on another note why are we talking about 5 :S … 4 isnt out for a looooong time ide give 5 atleast another 2-3 years

No.

Maybe do give some “advantages” in H5 based upon your general rank in H4. The people who’ve played both Forza 3 and 4 know what I mean. That game gives you a selection of exclusive unlocked cars from the get go based upon your rank in Forza 3, plus some badges etc for your gamercard.

H5 could do the same for H4. Hell, H4 could do the same with Reach. Certain exclusive Armory items could for instance be unlocked based upon your rank in Reach/H4, along with a nameplate. Minor things like that would be cool. You basically already got that idea with unlocks through Waypoint, why not expand on that?

But your actual rank carrying over? No.

> I was just thinking it would be nice if my halo career carried from one game to the next. So when Halo 4 comes out I create a character on Halo Waypoint. When I play Halo 4 all my credits pour into that character. Then when Halo 5 comes out those credits would pour into that same character. What do you all think?

Then why even play halo 5 when you can keep your high rank in halo4, People won’t know if you earned those credits in halo 4 or 5, this is dumb, why be lazy? get thru the ranks yourself, let me guess you want to start off with your halo 4 k/d and win/lose ratio when you get halo5 next?, you got to be kidding me this is dumb.

> No.
>
> Maybe do give some “advantages” in H5 based upon your general rank in H4. The people who’ve played both Forza 3 and 4 know what I mean. That game gives you a selection of exclusive unlocked cars from the get go based upon your rank in Forza 3, plus some badges etc for your gamercard.
>
> H5 could do the same for H4. Hell, H4 could do the same with Reach. Certain exclusive Armory items could for instance be unlocked based upon your rank in Reach/H4, along with a nameplate. Minor things like that would be cool. You basically already got that idea with unlocks through Waypoint, why not expand on that?
>
> But your actual rank carrying over? No.

what about halo 6 and 7? lets not forget 8. -.-

> > No.
> >
> > Maybe do give some “advantages” in H5 based upon your general rank in H4. The people who’ve played both Forza 3 and 4 know what I mean. That game gives you a selection of exclusive unlocked cars from the get go based upon your rank in Forza 3, plus some badges etc for your gamercard.
> >
> > H5 could do the same for H4. Hell, H4 could do the same with Reach. Certain exclusive Armory items could for instance be unlocked based upon your rank in Reach/H4, along with a nameplate. Minor things like that would be cool. You basically already got that idea with unlocks through Waypoint, why not expand on that?
> >
> > But your actual rank carrying over? No.
>
> what about halo 6 and 7? lets not forget 8. -.-

What about them?
H5 is even too far in the future to think about, so my post was mostly regarding H4. Still, the concept could be used between any of those games. Your rank in Reach unlocking stuff early in H4. Your rank in H4 unlocking stuff early in H5. Your rank in H5 unlocking stuff early in H6. etc.

No, i would never want that in any game, let alone H4.

no every game is different

Its a good idea, but I will have to go for a no.

Maybe the forza idea but nothing more.

I really dont want credits, they are pretty useless.

> I was just thinking it would be nice if my halo career carried from one game to the next. So when Halo 4 comes out I create a character on Halo Waypoint. When I play Halo 4 all my credits pour into that character. Then when Halo 5 comes out those credits would pour into that same character. What do you all think?

Won’t make much sense if it did.

However I do believe there should be some sort of legacy that carries through.

In Halo Reach you only get to see a summary of your legacy in your overview.

This could be expanded, or even be rewarded.

Bungie rewarded you with nameplates for having Halo CE PC, Halo 2 Xbox, etc.

Maybe a similar concept could be looked into.

No, new trilogy should have new ranks. Really, the credit -Yoink!- needs to stop. I’d rather earn something than grind.

Wow. now I’ve seen it all.
not only are we speculating on halo 4,but halo 5 as well!
honestly, what is this world coming to?