Would You Rather Have 30 FPS in Campaign?

Aside from the obvious fact that the art direction has by and large remained the same for Halo 5 from Halo 4, Halo 5’s screenshots prove that there really isn’t a generational leap in terms of graphic fidelity. Look at screen shots from Halo 5 and Halo 4 for comparison. These screens almost appear to have come from the same game, despite having 3 years of development time and new hardware to work with.

Maybe some of it can be boiled down to art design, but the majority of it boils down to the decision to use 60 fps. We can also surmise that 60 fps is what is preventing 343 from adding split screen. I think 60 fps is important for competitive online matchmaking, but I personally would have preferred boosted graphics, textures, lighting and particle effects as well as have split-screen co-op in campaign at the expense of playing at 30 fps than have the game be locked at 60 fps at the expense of all of the above.

What do you guys think?

I have a hard time going back to anything less than 60fps, and I never use splitscreen. I voted “no”.

This is a discussion that belongs in the split-screen thread. It’s also been brought up there a few times.