Would you rather be hit out of scope or flinc

Just wondering what this board thinks.

I personally want to be hit out of scope again.

I agree. COD flinch pisses me off so much in that even if you are more accurate and shoot the other player first, they can beat you if for whatever reason you flinch off. It’s nonsense. It’s not nearly as bad in Halo 4, but the descoping worked and I don’t know why flinching should be superior enough for them to change it.

I am biased, though, because I use the Carbine. If they made it a descope mechanic instead of flinch, I would have an advantage over players using other weapons because the Carbine practically works best when it’s not scoped anyway.

I think flinch is one of those features that add nothing to the game and kill a small part of the halo feel.

Also think that even the people who like halo 4 wouldn’t mind descoping to come back. So why not make it happen 343?

I played Halo CEA a couple of hours ago on Truth and Reconciliation for fun. I kept getting unscoped and it felt…wrong. It grows on ya. People who say it ruins the Halo feel really have better things to Yoink about

Out of scope.

If it ain’t broke, don’t fix it.

God I hate flinch :frowning:

technically you are taken out of scope because you flinched.

I think they should take away the sprint flinch for sure… I know it is supposed to balance the game, but I’d rather have the warthog go crazy because of a few bullets hit it rather than my character

De-scoping all day. It will prevent the insane cross-mapping you’re seeing with the DMR to some degree, and will make strafe once again more important in fights.

Flinch is just random and frustrating.

> I played Halo CEA a couple of hours ago on Truth and Reconciliation for fun. I kept getting unscoped and it felt…wrong. It grows on ya. People who say it ruins the Halo feel really have better things to Yoink about

I’m still trying to get use to the flinch. I always think I’ gong to get kicked out of scope but instead it just gets kicked into a random direction.

I’d rather have the de scoping. It added an extra layer of skill to get scoped back in if you get hit out. It made long range battles satisfying. It’s one of those thing 343 should have left alone, and had no place to change

> Out of scope.

After a month of playing this game I’ve finally gotten used to it, but in my opinion, kick out and flinch are both equally annoying.

One thing I could see working, make the DMR and sniper(s) kick out, and the battle rifle and carbine flinch while being shot.

Hit out of scope. If i’m getting shot from an angle, say from my right, making me stare at the clouds is not as realistic as stop looking down the scope to deal with the new threat, either to kill or escape from.

I don’t see what the problem is. For all intents and purposes, they do the same thing: make it harder to shoot at range when you’re being shot at yourself.

> After a month of playing this game I’ve finally gotten used to it, but in my opinion, kick out and flinch are both equally annoying.
>
> One thing I could see working, make the DMR and sniper(s) kick out, and the battle rifle and carbine flinch while being shot.

BR/carbine fights should ideally be CQC/mid range engagements. At that range, strafe and aim should be the biggest determiner of who wins, with flinch, you can stay in scope and don’t need to strafe. It impairs the need to strafe, which is what has determined who wins CQC fights in previous games.

De-scoping for all!

Yes, but even at some mid range encounters, you may need to scope in with the BR or Carbine. I don’t see how CQC is even factored into the discussion, as you shouldn’t be scoped in at that range.

Votes: 38-2

Why the hell did they change it in the first place?

> If it ain’t broke, don’t fix it.

amen

> Yes, but even at some mid range encounters, you may need to scope in with the BR or Carbine. I don’t see how CQC is even factored into the discussion, as you shouldn’t be scoped in at that range.

At mid range, people do scope in, because the sensitivity tightens up (allowing you to keep your shots more consistently on the target) and because you have a more accurate idea of exactly where your bullets are hitting. For headshots, unscoped is better, but for hitting every bullet in a burst, scoping is better when possible.

Plus, flinch moves the reticule in a random direction, de-scope still let you fight back and win if you had superior strafe and aim, strafe in particular is less of a factor now when people can just stay scoped in.