Would you mind fighting Humans in Halo 5?

What I mean by this is, say locke were to send a team of spartans to eliminate blue team, would it bother you. If the story has been building on this conflict between the 2 sides I think it would be okay. However, if they decided to just randomly put humans in like the grunts and jackals, i would not like it.

Give your opinions, and if yes, how would you like it to happen.

Perhaps the only human (s) you fight are locke and his team right at the end of the game?

I don’t see any problem with that.
Hell, Spartan IIs were originally made to crush human rebellion… and they did that just fine without MJOLNIR armor.

I wouldn’t mind playing against other humans if it drove the story along.

I’ve always thought fighting other humans would be an evolution Halo should make at some point, if anything because the Spartans were made to fight human insurrectionists. Not sure it happens in Halo 5, but should at some point. Would be a pretty big shift in tone though.

> 2533274832788623;2:
> I don’t see any problem with that.
> Hell, Spartan IIs were originally made to crush human rebellion… and they did that just fine without MJOLNIR armor.

This.

Ever since the end of Halo 3 I’ve been hoping these threads of disharmony between the Office of Naval Intelligence and the UNSC would come to fruition on-screen. Since Halo 4, 343i seems to have been nudging us ever-closer to an ONI-UNSC civil war, with the details in #HunttheTruth, the books released since 343i took over, Forward Unto Dawn, Halo 4 itself and everything we know about Halo 5: Guardians so far.

I hope that when it happens we see it in-game, though. At least to some extent. I’d really like to be able to pit my own Spartan against ONI’s SPARTAN-IV lookalikes and their parallel MJOLNIR project. An S-III in mixed GEN1/GEN2 versus ONI’s finest windups? Oh, how I’d love to smash my purple gauntlets into their faces.

> 2533274856204101;1:
> What I mean by this is, say locke were to send a team of spartans to eliminate blue team, would it bother you. If the story has been building on this conflict between the 2 sides I think it would be okay. However, if they decided to just randomly put humans in like the grunts and jackals, i would not like it.
>
> Give your opinions, and if yes, how would you like it to happen.
>
> Perhaps the only human (s) you fight are locke and his team right at the end of the game?

I don’t see a problem with it, but I don’t think that it would be a very good story line if Master Chief started to kill civilians, or the Marines that were sent to apprehend him. They are merely doing their jobs, and would be considered killing an innocent (in my opinion). Also, they are humans, they would die like grunts with a single headshot. Boriiiiiing, unless their heads burst with confetti like grunts, which would be amaziiiiing (link to https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fTQvnhNVgxQ) It won’t let me do it. :frowning:

I already did…back in crow’s nest in h3 hehe

> 2533274938678576;7:
> > 2533274856204101;1:
> > What I mean by this is, say locke were to send a team of spartans to eliminate blue team, would it bother you. If the story has been building on this conflict between the 2 sides I think it would be okay. However, if they decided to just randomly put humans in like the grunts and jackals, i would not like it.
> >
> > Give your opinions, and if yes, how would you like it to happen.
> >
> > Perhaps the only human (s) you fight are locke and his team right at the end of the game?
>
>
> I don’t see a problem with it, but I don’t think that it would be a very good story line if Master Chief started to kill civilians, or the Marines that were sent to apprehend him. They are merely doing their jobs, and would be considered killing an innocent (in my opinion). Also, they are humans, they would die like grunts with a single headshot. Boriiiiiing, unless their heads burst with confetti like grunts, which would be amaziiiiing (link to https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fTQvnhNVgxQ) It won’t let me do it. :frowning:

ONI are not innocent. They are like the CIA and KGB had -Yoink!- and produced a horrible off spring. In the books UNSC soldiers commonly talk about there dislike for ONI agents. I doubt I would be UNSC soldiers you would be fighting but instead ONI Agents, and they wouldn’t go down with a single head shot, oh nooooooo. ONI has the best technology available. You saw the spartan locke trailer for game stop, while it was over exaggerated, I wouldn’t say it was far off.

> 2533274820441404;8:
> I already did…back in crow’s nest in h3 hehe

Shut down level in Halo 4, after you kill all the Humans in the hanger, they actually send more down to kill you. And they all have rail guns and LMGs!

Fighting Spartan 4’s was already doable in Halo 4 on the Pelican mission, if you kill a bunch of people they will just start flooding you in a firefight way!

OP, you title contradicts your poll. The Yes and no should be inverted. Because it looks like the majority vote DOESNT want to kill humans.

But Anyway. Why not? I need some revenge for allies killing me with a flood of grenades or bad driving.

> 2533274874123128;11:
> Fighting Spartan 4’s was already doable in Halo 4 on the Pelican mission, if you kill a bunch of people they will just start flooding you in a firefight way!

> 2533274856204101;10:
> > 2533274820441404;8:
> > I already did…back in crow’s nest in h3 hehe
>
>
> Shut down level in Halo 4, after you kill all the Humans in the hanger, they actually send more down to kill you. And they all have rail guns and LMGs!

If you want to survive, turn on skulls like Tilt, mythic, Black eye. Trust me they help you quite abit.

I would honestly only like to see this in a cut-scene. Master Chief does not kill humans, much like batman that is his rule. So no marine or ONI agents scattered around the fields to slaughter. Unless you play as an elite, I would love to onslaught the human race as a covenant solider.

> 2533274882881665;13:
> I would honestly only like to see this in a cut-scene. Master Chief does not kill humans, much like batman that is his rule. So no marine or ONI agents scattered around the fields to slaughter. Unless you play as an elite, I would love to onslaught the human race as a covenant solider.

Master Chief was made into a Spartan to put down human rebellion and insurrectionists. He killed multiple humans before he was even 20.

> 2533274882881665;13:
> I would honestly only like to see this in a cut-scene. Master Chief does not kill humans, much like batman that is his rule. So no marine or ONI agents scattered around the fields to slaughter. Unless you play as an elite, I would love to onslaught the human race as a covenant solider.

Lol he’s killed humans before.

I wouldnt mind but it wouldnt exactly be a challenge.

> 2533274823069762;16:
> I wouldnt mind but it wouldnt exactly be a challenge.

I think a lot of people have seen this, but seeing as I’m the copy-and-paste-to-make-a-point-guy, allow me to copy from Astronaut7.

> I’ve seen people pointing out that Insurrectionists or the UNSC wouldn’t make good enemies because there would be no hierarchy.
>
> Helmetless Marines, Factory Workers and Ship
>
> Officers/Technicians—1 headshot
>
> Marine with Helmet–2 headshots
>
> ODST–Health + Regenerating Stamina [refer to Halo 3 ODST]Spartans–same stats as Elites, except for slower movement speed.
>
> Now, Insurrectionists make a habit of stealing or pirating things from the UNSC–from guns to UNSC warships–and they may even take in deserters from the UNSC with highly classified information. They also may even scrounge Covenant equipment or trade with the Kig-Yar [like in the Cole Protocol book], so they could also have Covenant equipment.
>
> So, like when we met the Innies in Halo: Reach [Nightfall mission], the Innies would have Sniper Rifles, DMRs/BRs, Shotguns, Pistols, Rocket Launchers, Assault Rifles, SMGs and every other weapon the UNSC has, and possibly some Covvie weaponry, too.
>
> For vehicles, Innies would likely have Warthogs, Mongooses, Hornets, Falcons and Tanks, as well as any other UNSC vehicles they scrounged up [Wolverines, Cobras, Gremlins, etc]–and maybe even a few old-tech exoskeletons, like the Cyclops [HRUNTING Mark III Exoskeleton] or the HRUNTING/YGGDRASIL Mark I Prototype Armor Defense System, seen in Prototype [Halo Legends] or the HRUNTING Mark II [D] Exoskeleton seen aboard the CAA Heavy Burden on the Halo 4 Map Adrift.
> They could even have a couple of Covenant Ghosts or other vehicles lying around.
>
> Finally, we have the idea of the RIot Shield and the Jackal Shield. Personally, seeing as UNSC weaponry penetrates ODST and Covenant armour quite easity, I doubt that the Riot Shield would survive more than a couple of shots at best. It would likely be melted by Covenant plasma weaponry and most amusing of all, it would be disintegrated by Promethean weaponry. Basically, I just want an enemy to use a standard Riot shield just so we can obliterate it in Halo. But it would provide a little bit of variety to Insurrectionist enemies–or the Jackal shield.
>
> Granted, I wouldn’t want the Insurrectionists or the UNSC to be the main enemies–but as a faction that we get to fight on occasion–I don’t think it would be too bad. I mean, the Spartans were created to fight the Insurrectionists, and when playing as an Elite [The Arbiter] it is kind of odd [and deliberate] that there were no human enemies in those missions in Halo 2.

No reason shooting at a human should warrant any immediate gameplay difference than shooting at a Grunt.

I would prefer it if they sent marines and other sp4s after you.

Different weak points, wouldn’t know how to fight them.

<mark>This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not post spam.</mark>

*Original post. Click at your own discretion.

> 2533274885566464;5:
> > 2533274832788623;2:
> > I don’t see any problem with that.
> > Hell, Spartan IIs were originally made to crush human rebellion… and they did that just fine without MJOLNIR armor.
>
>
> This.

That

I want to fight Spartan IV’s in Halo 5 & I think we will. The story so far definitely seems to be setting the stage for that.

I think it should be treated the way it was in Crysis 1 when you get attacked by guys in nanosuits after you’ve gotten used to fighting normal humans the whole game.

And I want the Spartans to be really difficult & agile…like elites on steroids